No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    peter wrote: »
    No @Creasy47 , this was the gentleman known as @ColonelSun . I know him, we keep in contact every week. He’s the real deal.

But the know-it-alls always know better.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    He wasn’t ousted @Goldeneye0094 ; he left the forum after some nasty PMs and was also asked to prove who he was by giving up his privacy. If he wasn’t willing to do that, he was told that that proved he was a liar and fraud.
    Furthest thing from it.
    I can tell you he has a wealth of knowledge and still checks out the site to see how wrong most of us are. However, I think we have lost him as a contributor after the slings he took.
    He’s a good man. Very genuine. Extremely talented. He didn’t need any mud slung his way. He was giving us an insiders look at EoN!
  • Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA
    He wasn’t ousted @Goldeneye0094 ; he left the forum after some nasty PMs and was also asked to prove who he was by giving up his privacy. If he wasn’t willing to do that, he was told that that proved he was a liar and fraud.
    Furthest thing from it.
    I can tell you he has a wealth of knowledge and still checks out the site to see how wrong most of us are. However, I think we have lost him as a contributor after the slings he took.
    He’s a good man. Very genuine. Extremely talented. He didn’t need any mud slung his way. He was giving us an insiders look at EoN!

Wow and just think of the info he could have given us about bond 25 what a shame!
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Yes, indeed. I’m lucky to call the guy a friend.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Cashleypersia has caveated his statements. He's piecing it together based on sources and has indicated that it could be incorrect. His sources are better than ours but that doesn't mean that everything he hears is legit. Moreover, things are indeed changing. After all, EON came out and said that this film would be written by P&W last year. From what we know now, that is unlikely to be the case.

So I just choose to take his info with a pinch of salt and have fun with it, like everything else (from everyone, and I mean absolutely everyone) until we get official word from the powers.

After all, we have heard on this site at varying times that we would be getting a 'back to back' with Craig and then also that EON would be moving into higher gears in April. I think we can agree that neither is likely to be or was the case. Furthermore, I recall legit sources pronouncing on this very site that EON had the distributor once Craig made his announcement last year and stating why he made the announcement the way he did. We know now that those were assumptions, just like what we all do here.

Bottom line, I think it's all up in the air until they lock down a few key items. Once they do, I'm sure we'll get that long awaited announcement.

Of course, if he knew something he simply could tell you.
    Maybe if you can @peter find out from him what he knows about bond 25?
    No @Creasy47 , this was the gentleman known as @ColonelSun . I know him, we keep in contact every week. He’s the real deal.

And we hsve s lot of those on here. Sadly they know nothing. Just big mouthed egos.

Of course, if he knew something he simply could tell you.

Oh, he does. Rest assured.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @Goldeneye0094, that’s something for this gentleman to decide to do of his own accord. And after the history, I don’t think it’s something he will readily do.
    @peter ok that's totally understandable
    @Goldeneye0094, that’s something for this gentleman to decide to do of his own accord. And after the history, I don’t think it’s something he will readily do.

And why would he? We have so many smart kids on the block here.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    edited April 2018 Posts: 8,250
    That’s true @Germanlady — his sentiments to a T
  • ggl007 wrote: »
    Megan Ellison on instagram this month. She's the founder of Annapurna...

V3fo1Yf.jpg

This is a graphic that originally appeared in The Hollywood Reporter (same story that said MGM was trying to sell itself). The guy in that image is Kevin Tsujihara of Warner Bros.
  • Creasy47 wrote: »
    Isn't it all but confirmed (or perhaps officially confirmed and I missed it) that Annapurna is going to handle the domestic distribution?

No, it's not confirmed. People thought that was the case when Deadline Hollywood had a story to that effect in November. But, more recently, The Hollywood Reporter, came out with a story saying there had been a delay because MGM is trying to sell itself.
  • RC7RC7

Precisely.
    Any news on the Canadian attempt to bring out a Bond film?
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I think that’s dead for now @vzok . But that opera ran for three days a few weeks ago.
    I think that’s dead for now @vzok . But that opera ran for three days a few weeks ago.

Was that as long as they intended to run it?
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I believe so, just a small-- yet evenso-- well advertised production. You can find their teaser and trailer on youtube.

P
    RC7 wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »
    That reminds me... Ralph Fiennes is playing Moriarty in Will Ferrell's Sherlock Holmes parody. So we have two Moriarty's in a Bond film.

As cliched as it is, I think I’d rather have seen Fiennes as a villain in a single film. He probably would have made a decent fist of the OHMSS Blofeld (novel).
    I believe the rumour back in 2011 was that he was going to play Blofeld when he was almost confirmed to be cast.

Yeah, he vetoed it. Thankfully.
    No, Fiennes was never going to play Blofeld. What he vetoed was the idea that M should turn out to be Blofeld's mole within MI6 (thus was the character "C" created).
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Yes, although I was referring to the rumour of the then-untitled 23rd film when Fiennes' casting was speculative whether he was going to play Blofeld. MI6 reported that.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @jake24 and whoever else lives in Toronto: I just got a text from a buddy who is a bartender at the Drake Hotel.

He is presently serving Daniel Craig drinks. This is not a joke!
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I am at a recital for one of daughters. I will head there after if I get word he’s still there. Repeat NOT A JOKE
    Do take a picture, if you can!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    @jake24 and whoever else lives in Toronto: I just got a text from a buddy who is a bartender at the Drake Hotel.

He is presently serving Daniel Craig drinks. This is not a joke!
    Woah!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Too cool @peter! Get yourself over there and get a pic with 007 himself.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I’m in a threatre waiting for my daughter’s recital to start! I will be taking off as soon as it’s over— fingers crossed he’s still there! That’s why calling on other torontonians to get out there now. It’s
    Literally a ten minute walk from where I live!

My luck!!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I'm an hour north of there unfortunately, but I'd be there in a heartbeat.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    "Dad, what'd you think of my recital?"

"Sorry darling, I had to immediately bail for more pressing matters - James Bond was in town!"