No Time To Die: Production Diary

1250125022503250425052507»

Comments

• DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    edited June 2019 Posts: 524
    ColonelSun wrote: »
    If Madeline isn't the main actress then why was she in Jamaica at press conference. May be she had some interior shots of Jamaica in pinewood.

I now suspect Maddy leaves Bond after the events in the pre-title sequence, but they reconnect in Norway due to some connection with the young girl and the assault on the ice-lake house. So Maddy is the main Bond lady again and their relationship deepens.

But then where does that intimacy coach hired for Craig and de Armas come in? If Madeleine is the main Bond girl, are we really going to see Bond sleeping with a girl while he's deeply in love with another? That's going to look good...

Unless it's part of the plot. Bond is forced to sleep with Paloma to get information out of her, because he needs to get the job done. But that's such a dark plot point, that I doubt they'll go for that.

If Madeline isn't the main actress then why was she in Jamaica at press conference. May be she had some interior shots of Jamaica in pinewood.

Naomie Harris was there, too. And by her own admission she won't have any scenes in Jamaica. I think they just flew out everyone who had a clear schedule, regardless of how big the role is. Just to fill the room. And perhaps because Seydoux could answer some questions regarding her character (vaguely, but still), and people like David Dencik and Dali Benssallah could not. (spoilers, and all)
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 1,215

I now suspect Maddy leaves Bond after the events in the pre-title sequence, but they reconnect in Norway due to some connection with the young girl and the assault on the ice-lake house. So Maddy is the main Bond lady again and their relationship deepens.

But then where does that intimacy coach hired for Craig and de Armas come in? If Madeleine is the main Bond girl, are we really going to see Bond sleeping with a girl while he's deeply in love with another? That's going to look good...

Unless it's part of the plot. Bond is forced to sleep with Paloma to get information out of her, because he needs to get the job done. But that's such a dark plot point, that I doubt they'll go for that.

My guess is that the film picks up shortly after SP much like QoS, hence the reappearance of the DB5, Madeline is either killed or splits with Bond, then there's some passage of time where Bond has been living alone in Jamaica until Felix pulls him back into the fray. I'm not exactly sure why, but I think we're getting something like Skyfall where the primary "Bond girl" isn't necessarily a love interest (Judi Dench/Lashana Lynch) with the more traditional one being a minor role (Berenice Marlohe/Ana de Armas).

My guess is that the film picks up shortly after SP much like QoS, hence the reappearance of the DB5, Madeline is either killed or splits with Bond, then there's some passage of time where Bond has been living alone in Jamaica until Felix pulls him back into the fray. I'm not exactly sure why, but I think we're getting something like Skyfall where the primary "Bond girl" isn't necessarily a love interest (Judi Dench/Lashana Lynch) with the more traditional one being a minor role (Berenice Marlohe/Ana de Armas).

Lea has said she is excited about further exploring her character, which strongly suggests she has a solid role to play. I think dropping her after the pre-titles is too predictable and contrived. I think she and Bond re-unite, but perhaps later in the film, and after any encounters Bond has with de Armas in Cuba etc. (which seems, due to the Jamaica connection, to be early in the film.) Also, in OHMSS, after starting a relationship with Tracey, Bond still sleeps with other women while he's undercover.

Naomie Harris was there, too. And by her own admission she won't have any scenes in Jamaica. I think they just flew out everyone who had a clear schedule, regardless of how big the role is. Just to fill the room. And perhaps because Seydoux could answer some questions regarding her character (vaguely, but still), and people like David Dencik and Dali Benssallah could not. (spoilers, and all)

Well Bond does bed 2 women at Piz Gloria whilst he's truly in love with Tracy in OHMSS!
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 4,400

Agreed.

I think it breaks down like this:
    • Nomi: The leading lady of the film. Though I don't think she will be the conventional 'Bond girl'. Instead she won't have a romantic relationship with Bond and will be more of a partner in the field.
    • Paloma: I initially thought she was the bad girl, but I think Paloma might be someone who assists Bond for part of the mission (Barbara Broccoli used those exact words in an interview with Baz to describe her). She will be the Berenice Marlohe of the film.
    • Moneypenny: I think she will have a slightly expanded role.
    • Madeleine: I think that she leaves Bond after the PTS. There is surely no way they will kill her off as it's too obvious. I do think she will come back into the film later. Perhaps Malek tries to kidnap her after he learns who Bond is.
    Has there been any indication of Moneypenny having a slightly expanded role?
    I think Harris alluded to Moneypenny having 'moved on in her life' or something. A bit like in SP I suppose the implication is that she's no longer the eternal singleton hanging around for James to make her life complete.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Starting to think Madeline doesn’t show up until matera

Seeing as it's reported that Matera will be the PTS, I suppose we can say she shows up but isn't seen much after.
    Since we're not seeing Seydoux anywhere on set up to this point, I don't think she'll be in the movie for long. She could have a Monica Bellucci esque part, but I keep thinking they will actually do it. They will actually have a bullet pass the wind screen of the DB5 and kill her off at the end of the PTS. And that's the catalyst for Bond to move to Jamaica and get reclusive.
    Of course, this is super predictive and I'm hardly the first to mention this theory, but last time they thought the Waltz-Is-Blofeld twist was a good one too.
    Unless Waltz is actually the movie's main villain (which he might be and EON might keep it a surprise) I don't want this to be the PTS. It would feel totally pointless and unrelated to the rest of the movie - they might as well not include Madeleine at all.
    Getafix wrote: »
    The twist should be that she goes to the dark side.
    The twist should be that
    as the capable character she was introduced to be on the train, she's forced into a situation to acknowledge her father by erupting into actions for the wholesale killing of the bad guys to protect good people. A simultaneous redemption of him and an a tragic descent into what she deplored.
    kissclipart-357-sig-sellier-bellot-cartridge-ammunition-ful-1301f50ff498391f.jpg
    To me that would be very compelling on many levels.
    Redemption for a terrorist?
    antovolk wrote: »
    I still think that
    she's the one with some sort of connection to Malek's villain, Barbara/MGW confirmed that one of the 'Bond ensemble' is personally connected to him during one of the interviews at the press launch. Hence the Norway flashback, which I still believe is a flashback..

Killing her off in the PTS is too obvious and cheap. Maybe she leaves Bond as he really can't get over Vesper (hence the whole 'taking her to her grave' thing) and that's why Bond is alone in Jamaica, but she shows up again midway through the film and has a bigger part in the story than just that.

Remember that they're not necessarily filming this thing sequentially to fit everyone's schedules in, we know she's joining the shoot in Matera next month after finishing THE STORY OF MY WIFE in Budapest.

I like this.
    [*] Moneypenny: I think she will have a slightly expanded role.

*screams in The Wizard of Iceian*
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Tuxedo wrote: »
    @ggl007 She says she is the stunt double for the main female character (she doesn't say who she stands in for). If the production no longer needs her as a stunt double she will probably get a small role if the stunt people will let her go. They shot in Jamaica and that was very relaxing. Now they are in England for a big action sequence which is hard work. They rehearse a lot and change the choreography until the producers like it. She was asked about differences between Bond and Marvel production and she says Bond is more real action. Marvel action was green screen most of the time.

No spoilers in that interview. I work out in a gym where they show sport clips and the MMA training clips with Marie Mouroum are outstanding. I noticed her long before we found out she is part of Bond 25.

Thank you, @Tuxedo Certainly, she seems to be talking about Lashana Lynch.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited June 2019 Posts: 5,899
    Like Jamaica with Lynch and Cuba with Armas, Norway seems to point to Madeleine, if we assume that White is Scandinavian (based upon the original casting of SP for Norwegian actresses). I also think that her gun speech in SP may be the key to what we see of her in B25. This, and the possible casting of an actress to resemble a young Seydoux, seems to be what is causing flashback speculation.

It's possible that Madeleine can still be killed off in the PTS and that any flashback will figure elsewhere in the film.

What is fascinating is that after the tepid response to QoS and SP, Eon is forging boldly (?) ahead with the White/Madeleine story. Fascinating. They must have a lot of confidence in the story.

Of course, YMMV.

I'm hoping for this too.
    AgentM72 wrote: »

I'm hoping for this too.

I think it's the most likely scenario - and I suspect the connection between Swann and the girl is linked directly (due to her father's, Mr. White's, criminal/Spectre connections) to Malek's character and his experiments/research.
  • TuxedoTuxedo Europe
    ggl007 wrote: »
    Tuxedo wrote: »
    @ggl007 She says she is the stunt double for the main female character (she doesn't say who she stands in for). If the production no longer needs her as a stunt double she will probably get a small role if the stunt people will let her go. They shot in Jamaica and that was very relaxing. Now they are in England for a big action sequence which is hard work. They rehearse a lot and change the choreography until the producers like it. She was asked about differences between Bond and Marvel production and she says Bond is more real action. Marvel action was green screen most of the time.

No spoilers in that interview. I work out in a gym where they show sport clips and the MMA training clips with Marie Mouroum are outstanding. I noticed her long before we found out she is part of Bond 25.

Thank you, @Tuxedo Certainly, she seems to be talking about Lashana Lynch.

You are welcome :-)

I'm hoping for this too.

I think it's the most likely scenario - and I suspect the connection between Swann and the girl is linked directly (due to her father's, Mr. White's, criminal/Spectre connections) to Malek's character and his experiments/research.

That would be great. Plenty of opportunities to intersect SPECTRE in the narrative without it necessarily being a Blofeld-driven film.

And I would applaud them for being this original with Madeleine. The Tracey remake is so expected. But Tiffany Case-inspired twist with a Tracy-type character (and potentially happy ending?) is such a more dramatically rich opportunity for Bond's character to confront.

And it opens up that first act to get him up to his usual shenanigans without too much remorse or later regret. If they're separated, it's not as if James Bond is going to be half-monk, half...also monk.
    edited June 2019 Posts: 3,157

I'm hoping for this too.

That would be great. Plenty of opportunities to intersect SPECTRE in the narrative without it necessarily being a Blofeld-driven film.

And I would applaud them for being this original with Madeleine. The Tracey remake is so expected. But Tiffany Case-inspired twist with a Tracy-type character (and potentially happy ending?) is such a more dramatically rich opportunity for Bond's character to confront.

And it opens up that first act to get him up to his usual shenanigans without too much remorse or later regret. If they're separated, it's not as if James Bond is going to be half-monk, half...also monk.

+1.

I don't like the idea of killing Madeleine off in the PTS or revealing that she's somehow connected to Malek because he's her evil cousin or s**t like that. Swann actually being connected to Malek because of Mr White/SPECTRE sounds great and could lead to some interesting storylines.

I'm hoping for this too.

Another clue to what I think may, just may, be the connection between Swann and the girl; the casting call in Feb requested a young girl who resembled Lea, and some of us speculated about a flashback scene, but if the ice-lake scene is no flashback, then, perhaps, Malek's character might be after the child for a very specific reason - i.e. she has value to his research and the scientist he has had kidnapped - and I do not think the answer is that the girl is Swann's secret daughter.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Or Swann’s clone...
    A little update on the trailer......this comes from a respected film trailer website. They usually get the scoop when it comes to film trailer reveals

Hobbs and Shaw is out at the start of August. So I assume that the first trailer drops at the end of July. Which is sooner than you think!
    Dang. That would be an awesome surprise if it dropped that soon, even though it will probably be very brief. Most importantly the title should be coming when the first trailer comes.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    A little update on the trailer......this comes from a respected film trailer website. They usually get the scoop when it comes to film trailer reveals

Hobbs and Shaw is out at the start of August. So I assume that the first trailer drops at the end of July. Which is sooner than you think!

I'm pretty sure that's @antovolk
  • RC7RC7
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Dang. That would be an awesome surprise if it dropped that soon, even though it will probably be very brief. Most importantly the title should be coming when the first trailer comes.

Word on the street is that the title is a little bland. Now, I’m not saying this to bring the mood down, just tempering expectation. To be honest, it’s rare titles are slam dunks, and anyhow, they usually take time to settle and are wrapped in subjectivity. I would, though, surmise it isn’t a Fleming as some had hoped.

NB. This is by no means a given. Just what I’ve heard.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    edited June 2019 Posts: 7,995

It sure is!
    RC7 wrote: »

Word on the street is that the title is a little bland. Now, I’m not saying this to bring the mood down, just tempering expectation. To be honest, it’s rare titles are slam dunks, and anyhow, they usually take time to settle and are wrapped in subjectivity. I would, though, surmise it isn’t a Fleming as some had hoped.

Unsurprised if it's not a Fleming. Equally unsurprised that it's a bit bland. As long as it doesn't have the word 'Die' in it, I'll be fine with it.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

Wasn't a title thrown out at the last minute prior to the PC because it didn't meet studio expectations?

Interesting. At this point I would be surprised if they used a Fleming title, which would at least appease most of the hardcore fans. I just have this feeling it's going to be another original like SF. I think Barbara Broccoli said Shatterhand and Eclipse were not the titles, but I wouldn't be surprised if one or both of them (especially Eclipse) was a working title that was scrapped - perhaps because it was leaked. It would be nice to at least get the official thing soon so we can finally stop calling it Bond 25.
  • RC7RC7

It sure is!

Unsurprised if it's not a Fleming. Equally unsurprised that it's a bit bland. As long as it doesn't have the word 'Die' in it, I'll be fine with it.

Unfortunately for you it’s called ‘Die Die Muthaf*cka Die’ - title track by Kully B & Gussy G.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

It sure is!

Unfortunately for you it’s called ‘Die Die Muthaf*cka Die’ - title track by Kully B & Gussy G.

Gah. This movie is DOOMED.

Interesting....I couldn't care less.

The titles of Bond films are fairly inconsequential. There have only been a handful that really resonated with him. The title just becomes the film eventually.

I think we are destined for a vague and bland title. Something like 'Nobody Lives Forever' etc.

The last big trailer to reveal a title was Star Wars with 'The Rise of Skywalker'. I don't think you get a much blander and uninteresting title than that.

@RC7 do you know if the title is the same one that they had the press conference but decided against revealing?

Just wondering where the info on the title being bland came from?

I suppose the term "bland' could be subjective. I can imagine many movie goers considering THE PROPERTY OF A LADY to be a bland title, or RISICO. Whereas I myself, would be thrilled at the prospect.

Something like ECLIPSE or JAMES I would consider bland titles and probably would be disappointed.
    I’d be ticked off if the name was “James,” “Bond,” or “James Bond.”