No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    The wrong kind of spycraft.
    RC7 wrote: »
    It seems pretty clear to me that Lynch will have a significantly larger role in this movie than De Armas - so, yes, ‘main’ girl so to speak. When they announced PWB’s involvement I’m pretty sure the catalyst was this role and that it’s where she’s done a lot of her work. Reading between the lines Nomi reeks of the type of character that can more often than not come across as a sort of virtuous, androgynous droid that hits all the right moral beats. Thankfully PWB would never do this. I hope she’s gone all out and made her an even bigger shagger than Bond.

I think the main girl is Madelyn.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Sorry for being lazy and not scrolling back but I am correct the new film will feature TLD’s Aston and are we finally getting a reference (and some long overdue recognition) to the Dalton era?
    What if the movie has Lynch, De Armas and Seydoux share screentime instead of there being a "main" Bond girl? That's a possibility.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    GoldenGun wrote: »
    Sorry for being lazy and not scrolling back but I am correct the new film will feature TLD’s Aston and are we finally getting a reference (and some long overdue recognition) to the Dalton era?

It's inclusion in the set visit by Prince Charles all but confirms it. Very exciting!
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited June 2019 Posts: 7,925
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »
    Craigs injury will limit his stunts. Dont forget in AVTAK Moore had a stunt man for everything and they made it work. They can make it work here

Bit trickier to conceal in this day and age, but I’m optimistic regardless.

I think its easier TBH with all the CGI and technology we have today.

Hugh Jackman barely lifted a finger for Logan but you'd never know

Exactly. We never knew

This is why I hope Christopher Nolan directs the next Bond. I don't want another CGI fest.

I gotta say, with the amount of women, cars and locations this film will need to juggle, either it will be 2 and a half hours long, but their is a chance it could turn out a real scrambled mess of ingredients.
    This is why I hope Christopher Nolan directs the next Bond. I don't want another CGI fest.
    I couldn't agree with you more!!
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 6,606

And if our man Fukunaga delivers a CGI-free film?

PS: I wouldn't object to a Nolan Bond, not at all. I am a big fan. I would worry about casting, though. He doesn't know how to do sexy. Exotic, yes. Sexy, no. And if Hardy ever steeped into a Bond film, I'd step out. Same for Pattison and some others. Caine and Branagh I wouldn't object. But no Chris Nolan regular please. That and the sensual bit would worry me, a lot. I can't think of a woman in one of his films that...aroused my interest. His catwoman is a prime example of this. Compare Hathaway with Pfeiffer's version (she didn't even lick herself, lol, kidding here). But that is a discussion for another day and another thread. I'll refer to my inicial question about Fukunaga giving us an almost CGI-free (or done as in Logan) film with lots of practical effects.
    Univex wrote: »

Not going to happen. We already know of face replacement in the Norway scenes. Craig, Lea etc... they don't even have to be there. And then there's the usual green screen galore.

I expect more CGI, not less. Sadly.
    Yes, but we were hailing Nolan as a non-cgi director, and truth is, the sheer amount of CGI in say, Inception, or Interstellar, is gargantuous. If we google "Christopher Nolan green screen" we'll see plenty of images depicting the use of it throughout his films. Including the Batman trilogy. It's all, again, in the way they use it, no in the amount of it.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Why not just make a dogma film style Bond? No cgi or other diabolical film trickery there.
    Why not just make a dogma film style Bond? No cgi or other diabolical film trickery there.

It all started with some trickery from the inside of a gun barrel.

But hey, I wouldn't mind that at all. I'm still a very traumatised person because of DUD. CGI-PTSD, I'd say ;)

No, thanks. I don't mind CGI that you don't know is there (Wolf of Wall Street, The Revenant, etc), I just don't want any Bond director to go full Marvel overboard!
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I have to laugh at this anti-CG bias. Done well, as in Logan and Mad Max, it’s imperceptible and greatly enhances a film.
    Now I get not liking obvious, poorly done work but saying that you want a CG free film is throwing the baby out with the bath water and would have been like telling filmmakers of the pre digital era not to use miniatures.
    Bond films are littered with dodgy effects shots, that doesn’t mean you for go using a given technique .

As far as Nolan and CG, yes he uses a great deal of practical effects but they are supported and completed with a hefty amount of digital, CG, enhancements.
    Yes, but we were hailing Nolan as a non-cgi director, and truth is, the sheer amount of CGI in say, Inception, or Interstellar, is gargantuous. If we google "Christopher Nolan green screen" we'll see plenty of images depicting the use of it throughout his films. Including the Batman trilogy. It's all, again, in the way they use it, no in the amount of it.

Yes!

• matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited June 2019 Posts: 4,343
    The notion of Nolan films being described as "CGI free" is just ridiculous. There is a difference between using CGI just for the sake of showing how much money you can put onscreen and using CGI as a tool to carefully fit into what's been filmed with the camera. The latter is what Nolan does. Point is the notion of Nolan "hating" CGI is again wrong. He just use CGI very carefully, whenever is necessary, in order to stay true to his realistic style and patina. Which is exactly what the current Bond films do. If you can do it for real, let's do it for real. That's the same approach, even if Nolan is clearly masterful in this field. But Nolan big budget movies have a lot of CGI work, from the Dark Knight Trilogy to Inception and Interstellar. He's no Zack Snyder, but he's not CGI free! The fact that Batman stunts didn't need face replacement thanks to the mask helped a lot in the end, if the problem is CGI face replacement in Bond movies.
    It's not about the amount of CGI. Nolan is the only person I 100% trust to deliver a completely satisfying Bond film.
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    edited June 2019 Posts: 564

Rami is in London presumably for filming this week.
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    Rami Malek has been spotted in London.
    D9v6ztdXkAYwsrL.jpg

Does anyone know if he's about to join the Bond 25 production full time, or that this is maybe just a small gap in his schedule before he goes back to the States?
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited June 2019 Posts: 4,343
    It's not about the amount of CGI. Nolan is the only person I 100% trust to deliver a completely satisfying Bond film.

Fine, but people need to realize that a Nolan Bond won't mean a CGI free Bond.

On the other hand a Nolan Bond seems really unlikely. Truth is, for a filmmaker like Nolan, making a Bond movie would be a downer with all the rules and heritage the Bond franchise has. His upcoming movie, TeneT, will be a 225 million dollars budget action packed spy film shot in seven countries - like Estonia, Italy, India, UK - that sounds exactly like his original take for a Bond movie kind of film, as far as we know. The script for TeneT has been described very personal, yet massive and "unreal".

Nolan directing a Bond film would've been like David Lean directing OHMSS. Never goin to happen IMO.
    Bentley007 wrote: »

Rami is in London presumably for filming this week.

Finally!

(with Waltz as well, hopefully). A Blofeld cameo scene would be nice.

Ah, if I recall correctly Mr. Robot 4 filming is scheduled to wrap in August, exactly when the 6 weeks Matera shoots should begin.

So you just threw your boy Boyle under the bus. Lol.
    Make up your mind

matt_u wrote: »
    Nolan directing a Bond film would've been like David Lean directing OHMSS. Never goin to happen IMO.

giphy.gif
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited June 2019 Posts: 5,899

PS: I wouldn't object to a Nolan Bond, not at all. I am a big fan. I would worry about casting, though. He doesn't know how to do sexy. Exotic, yes. Sexy, no. And if Hardy ever steeped into a Bond film, I'd step out. Same for Pattison and some others. Caine and Branagh I wouldn't object. But no Chris Nolan regular please. That and the sensual bit would worry me, a lot. I can't think of a woman in one of his films that...aroused my interest. His catwoman is a prime example of this. Compare Hathaway with Pfeiffer's version (she didn't even lick herself, lol, kidding here). But that is a discussion for another day and another thread. I'll refer to my inicial question about Fukunaga giving us an almost CGI-free (or done as in Logan) film with lots of practical effects.

Marion Cotillard. She's the reason Inception works.

It's interesting that Nolan is doing a new spy film, after the Inception homage. I'm in the camp that says that he won't ever direct a Bond film.

If he wanted to work with Craig (and who wouldn't? He's the most relevant Bond in decades), and Eon wanted him, it would have already happened.
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    D9v6ztdXkAYwsrL.jpg

Does anyone know if he's about to join the Bond 25 production full time, or that this is maybe just a small gap in his schedule before he goes back to the States?

Either way I think its fair to guess he will film for Bond25 this week with Daniel back in action.
    D9v6ztdXkAYwsrL.jpg

Heck maybe even a brief press conference and film title reveal would be great?!!!!!
    Maybe they don't have the title yet.

Most likely, unless they were waiting for Malek to be in London? A quick email to the press from Eon as to when is a few minutes job say with 48 to 72 hours notice.....etc. But we shall see as the week progresses?
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 6,606
    RogueAgent wrote: »

Most likely, unless they were waiting for Malek to be in London? A quick email to the press from Eon as to when is a few minutes job say with 48 to 72 hours notice.....etc. But we shall see as the week progresses?

I do hope so. But I still believe they'll wait for the first trailer and that they'll make an unveil not unlike the latest SW film. But...I do hope they'll have a press conference and decide to do it the old fashioned way.

Fingers crossed!
    RogueAgent wrote: »

I do hope so. But I still believe they'll wait for the first trailer and that they'll make an unveil not unlike the latest SW film. But...I do hope they'll have a press conference and decide to do it the old fashioned way.

Fingers crossed!

Only time will tell. Would not mind the title being revealed in the teaser trailer to be honest, but like you I prefer the old fashioned way. :-bd
  • ChulaChula New York
    But...I do hope they'll have a press conference and decide to do it the old fashioned way.

Press conference "the old fashioned way"?

The old fashioned way was this:

end%2Bdiamonds3036.jpg

Sadly those days are long gone. A fun aspect of a Bond film sadly no more.