No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• RC7RC7
    RC7 wrote: »
    Getafix wrote: »
    I like qos but it coulda shields been a Bigga betta movie.

that's not a criticism of forster. I think he did a decent job.

in my book qos and sf are both flawed but qos is still > sf

It’s just not. Pretentiousness aside, SF is still head and shoulders above QoS - A largely aimless follow up to a classic vs. SF - A divisive, but consistent vision. SF entertains and riles people in equal measure, which I think is great. The response is very emotional. With QoS it’s the opposite. A few people rate it, but it’s just incredibly vanilla. The only decent bits are largely superficial, where it’s predecessor and successor deliver some meat.

It is certainly divisive, but just as certain it has no consistent vision. That’s only something some people kid themselves, just as the with the supposed character arc.

Vanilla??? Sure!

Your opinion means as much as a fleck of dog turd in the eye, but thanks for sharing.
    But at least it’s based on competence and analysis and not on vain pretentiousness.
  • RC7RC7
    But at least it’s based on competence and analysis and not on vain pretentiousness.

You can’t just choose words and assume they’ll make a sentence.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    It's not bad, but I don't rate it as highly as some fans do here. Lower middle of the pack for me. I really don't have too much of an opinion on it either way. There are some good moments and a killer Craig performance, but the Bourne elements overshadow it for me.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Let's save the Quantum debate for a different thread.
  • RC7RC7
    bondjames wrote: »
    It's not bad, but I don't rate it as highly as some fans do here. Lower middle of the pack for me. I really don't have too much of an opinion on it either way. There are some good moments and a killer Craig performance, but the Bourne elements overshadow it for me.

Pretty much sums it up for me. Completely watchable, but, as you say, the Bourne overtones are hard to shake.
    I much prefer QOS over SP these days. Just more energy and excitement, and a much better performance from Craig.

Preferably, a CR/QOS type Craig performance would be best for Bond 25. I love SF, but I think Craig’s first 2 play to his strengths best generally speaking.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited April 2018 Posts: 11,139
    If someone says, "in their book" a film is better than another it's ridiculous for said person to essentially be told they're wrong. It's an opinion and I agree with the same sentiment that QoS is better than SF. The populaity of that opinion is inconsequential. If QoS is "vanilla" then SF is dishwater. It's pretentious, predictable, plot holes as big as Saturn's ring, uninspired action for the most part and for a film made after a 4 year gap, it's script is offensively pedestrian. It's arguably one of the most overhyped and overrated films of the 21st century that is merely a mediocre product at best veiled by the celebration of the 50th anniversary. Yes, CR delivered some meat; but SF is tofu trying to taste like meat.
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 6,601
    OMG. You really believe this, do you? Its obvious and hence even more sad. You truly believe in your own glory.
    How did thundy said it - the know it all better gang - which again leads to those leavinf, who indeed know something.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    FoxRox wrote: »
    I much prefer QOS over SP these days. Just more energy and excitement, and a much better performance from Craig.

Preferably, a CR/QOS type Craig performance would be best for Bond 25. I love SF, but I think Craig’s first 2 play to his strengths best generally speaking.

+1
  • RC7RC7
    doubleoego wrote: »
    If someone says, "in their book" a film is better than another it's ridiculous for said person to essentially be told they're wrong. It's an opinion and I agree with the same sentiment that QoS is better than SF. The populaity of that opinion is inconsequential. If QoS is "vanilla" then SF is dishwater. It's pretentious, predictable, plot holes as big as Saturn's ring, uninspired action for the most part and for a film made after a 4 year gap, it's script is offensively pedestrian. It's arguably one of the most overhyped and overrated films of the 21st century that is merely a mediocre product at best veiled by the celebration of the 50th anniversary. Yes, CR delivered some meat; but SF is tofu trying to taste like meat.

You’re just wrong.
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 6,601
    CR is strong, SF is different, works and delivers on other accounts. QOS and SP are sidekicks, niche films. Good and dntertaining bug not of the same calibre.qos would have been one hell of an action film wothout the Cuts. Without the pretentious „lets make it fly as a bullit“ biggest bs ever. And a costly one as well.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I find all of Craig's Bond films enjoyable. :D
    1476100454nuve.jpg
    Germanlady wrote: »
    OMG. You really believe this, do you? Its obvious and hence even more sad. You truly believe in your own glory.
    How did thundy said it - the know it all better gang - which again leads to those leavinf, who indeed know something.

If you happen to think that you are able to know the difference between knowledge and incompetence you are kidding yourself.
  • RC7RC7

If you happen to think that you are able to know the difference between knowledge and incompetence you are kidding yourself.

If you happen to think that you are anything other than ludicrous, you’re kidding yourself.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world

Give it a rest already. No need to be so disagreeable.

You can’t just choose words and assume they’ll make a sentence.

Your mother should have told you these words decades ago. It would have done much good to you and your environment.

If you happen to think that you are anything other than ludicrous, you’re kidding yourself.

If you would really think so you would ask me to elaborate my theory and then prove me wrong. But in your heart of hearts you of course know that chances are I would Proof you’re wrong just as in about any debate you and I had. But that’s OK. At least you’re saving time and start insulting right from the get go instead of having to accept first, that my arguments are better than yours.
  • peterpeter Toronto

If you would really think so you would ask me to elaborate my theory and then prove me wrong. But in your heart of hearts you of course know that chances are I would Proof you’re wrong just as in about any debate you and I had. But that’s OK. At least you’re saving time and start insulting right from the get go instead of having to accept first, that my arguments are better than yours.

Seriously, stop. Just. Stop.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Please play nice, folks. I don't care "who started it". This thread delivers nothing but speculative content, about a film no less, and here we are getting all personal over it. Whether you belong to the cult of devout Craig worshipers or to those who rather see him walk away from the series, it doesn't matter. There's no right or wrong here. Thank you.
    peter wrote: »

Don’t you have a family to bore?
  • peterpeter Toronto

Seriously???
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns

Whether you agree or not with whichever opinion is an entirely different matter. But, what you said up there was a very cheap shot.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @noSolaceleft
    Can't you read?
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited April 2018 Posts: 1,756

Another quantum post from Olga maybe she really is hinting at her return

Let's be honest, her career is quite garbage and she's just trying to remember the highlight of her life. I don't see this as a subtle ploy.
    Sorry, but I’m quite sure there was no fat print text when I wrote my reply.

Whether you agree or not with whichever opinion is an entirely different matter. But, what you said up there was a very cheap shot.

I would have an excellent answer for that, but I’m afraid I would get reprimanded for it.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited April 2018 Posts: 15,423

I would have an excellent answer for that, but I’m afraid I would get reprimanded for it.
    You could answer, debate, whatever. But, if you want to do it, take it up with the person directly and the person alone. Don't bring others like family into the matter.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    @noSolaceleft , regarding QoS, what do you mean by no consistent vision and no character arc? As I said, I'm not the biggest proponent of this film, but I thought it dealt with Bond's search for answers to Vesper's suspected betrayal reasonably well while introducing Spectre (or is that Quantum? I get them confused these days). At least as well as it could in a relatively short, action packed film.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Back on topic, everyone. Anymore bickering or retorting that needs to take place can be done so in PM's.