No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

bondjames wrote: »
    @noSolaceleft , regarding QoS, what do you mean by no consistent vision and no character arc? As I said, I'm not the biggest proponent of this film, but I thought it dealt with Bond's search for answers to Vesper's suspected betrayal reasonably well while introducing Spectre (or is that Quantum? I get them confused these days). At least as well as it could in a relatively short, action packed film.

Actually I was talking about SF. To me QOS’s story is head and shoulders above SF (and SP as well).
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @noSolaceleft
    You were asked to stop this nonsense before. So was @Germanlady. What's wrong with you people? It's a bloody movie and a bloody actor, yet you're about to spit on each other's graves over this. @Germanlady freaks out whenever anyone disagrees about Craig; then others get worked up over her and so it goes on. Enough is enough! What is this? A matter of life or death?
    Germanlady wrote: »
    But at least it’s based on competence and analysis and not on vain pretentiousness.
    OMG. You really believe this, do you? Its obvious and hence even more sad. You truly believe in your own glory.
    How did thundy said it - the know it all better gang - which again leads to those leavinf, who indeed know something.

If you happen to think that you are able to know the difference between knowledge and incompetence you are kidding yourself.

Trump vs Kim Jong-un? You're attacking each other's intellect but the truth is that intellect is the one thing missing in this entire thing. In this curiously derailed thread about a film that hasn't even made yet, several members are going nuts like football hooligans. Over what? Speculation, taste, opinion. If this is a reflection of how the lot of you behave privately, I'd hate to be the one who has to report that the milk has gone sour. I guess one needs a Kevlar or at least safety goggles for that.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    RC7 wrote: »
    doubleoego wrote: »
    If someone says, "in their book" a film is better than another it's ridiculous for said person to essentially be told they're wrong. It's an opinion and I agree with the same sentiment that QoS is better than SF. The populaity of that opinion is inconsequential. If QoS is "vanilla" then SF is dishwater. It's pretentious, predictable, plot holes as big as Saturn's ring, uninspired action for the most part and for a film made after a 4 year gap, it's script is offensively pedestrian. It's arguably one of the most overhyped and overrated films of the 21st century that is merely a mediocre product at best veiled by the celebration of the 50th anniversary. Yes, CR delivered some meat; but SF is tofu trying to taste like meat.

You’re just wrong.

Nope. Right or wrong doesn't come into it. Just a different perspective.
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    @noSolaceleft
    You were asked to stop this nonsense before. So was @Germanlady. What's wrong with you people? It's a bloody movie and a bloody actor, yet you're about to spit on each other's graves over this. @Germanlady freaks out whenever anyone disagrees about Craig; then others get worked up over her and so it goes on. Enough is enough! What is this? A matter of life or death?
    But at least it’s based on competence and analysis and not on vain pretentiousness.
    OMG. You really believe this, do you? Its obvious and hence even more sad. You truly believe in your own glory.
    How did thundy said it - the know it all better gang - which again leads to those leavinf, who indeed know something.

If you happen to think that you are able to know the difference between knowledge and incompetence you are kidding yourself.

Trump vs Kim Jong-un? You're attacking each other's intellect but the truth is that intellect is the one thing missing in this entire thing. In this curiously derailed thread about a film that hasn't even made yet, several members are going nuts like football hooligans. Over what? Speculation, taste, opinion. If this is a reflection of how the lot of you behave privately, I'd hate to be the one who has to report that the milk has gone sour. I guess one needs a Kevlar or at least safety goggles for that.

Still I would like to point out, that it wasn’t me who started the insulting. I also didn’t ask Peter and German lady to the discussion.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited April 2018 Posts: 23,883
    bondjames wrote: »
    @noSolaceleft , regarding QoS, what do you mean by no consistent vision and no character arc? As I said, I'm not the biggest proponent of this film, but I thought it dealt with Bond's search for answers to Vesper's suspected betrayal reasonably well while introducing Spectre (or is that Quantum? I get them confused these days). At least as well as it could in a relatively short, action packed film.

Actually I was talking about SF. To me QOS’s story is head and shoulders above SF (and SP as well).
    Oh right. I get it now. I got confused by all the silly back and forth. I agree that there is certainly an arc with QoS.

SF is something different entirely. I love it but fully appreciate it has flaws, thanks to this site more than any other!
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @noSolaceleft

Still I would like to point out, that it wasn’t me who started the insulting. I also didn’t ask Peter and German lady to the discussion.

I just asked you to stop nosolace since you weren't engaging in a conversation, you were needling.
  • RC7RC7
    If someone says, "in their book" a film is better than another it's ridiculous for said person to essentially be told they're wrong. It's an opinion and I agree with the same sentiment that QoS is better than SF. The populaity of that opinion is inconsequential. If QoS is "vanilla" then SF is dishwater. It's pretentious, predictable, plot holes as big as Saturn's ring, uninspired action for the most part and for a film made after a 4 year gap, it's script is offensively pedestrian. It's arguably one of the most overhyped and overrated films of the 21st century that is merely a mediocre product at best veiled by the celebration of the 50th anniversary. Yes, CR delivered some meat; but SF is tofu trying to taste like meat.

You’re just wrong.

In my opinion you’re wrong.
    edited April 2018 Posts: 23,551
    @noSolaceleft
    True. I acknowledge that fact. @Germanlady goes bananas over any negative comment aimed at Craig. It has been that way since day 1. And she's quite good at dragging others into a fight with her while staying safe herself. Many have fallen into her trap. Members were banned in the days of Skyfall for that reason. And I've had enough of it. @Germanlady serves as Craig's personal watchdog here but is absent in almost every non-Craig related Bond thread we have. One day, when Mr Craig walks away from the part, I predict so will @Germanlady from this forum. And that's fine. That's her prerogative. All I'm saying is, ignore @Germanlady but don't try to fight her. It's never a fight of reason, always of endurance.
    You are probably very right.
  • RC7RC7
    @noSolaceleft
    True. I acknowledge that fact. @Germanlady goes bananas over any negative comment aimed at Craig. It has been that way since day 1. And she's quite good at dragging others into a fight with her while staying safe herself. Many have fallen into her trap. Members were banned in the days of Skyfall for that reason. And I've had enough of it. @Germanlady serves as Craig's personal watchdog here but is absent in almost every non-Craig related Bond thread we have. One day, when Mr Craig walks away from the part, I predict so will @Germanlady from this forum. And that's fine. That's her prerogative. All I'm saying is, ignore @Germanlady but don't try to fight her. It's never a fight of reason, always of endurance.

Depressing attitude. I’ve had my run ins with @Germanlady but she’s merely a big Craig fan. I literally don’t know what @noSolaceleft brings to the table other than being a total bell end.
    You mean apart from knowledge and reason?
    I've enjoyed discussions with the member in question and continue to do so. He can be a little blunt (as can others here from time to time), but he has his particular viewpoint and tries to justify it. His comments are generally directed at the films and the actors, rather than at others unless deliberately provoked, when he defends himself.
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with being a really big Craig fan. I said that much, didn't I? I'm merely trying to point out to @noSolaceleft that there will indeed be no solace left if he keeps responding to her posts. Because she will not yield. She never has. The debate is pointless, especially when it's fought in this way. Bickering and name-calling...

giphy.gif

"...over a film that hasn't even begun shooting yet."
  • RC7RC7

No I mean apart from being a total bellend.

No I mean apart from being a total bellend.

Stubborn, huh? Fine.

Thread closed for now.
    Reason: trolling.
    Duplicate threads will be locked.
    Thread is open again.
    Play nice, children, or not at all.
    Thank you.
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 17,293
    Reading this thread is almost uncomfortable at times! At least when all you want is to read discussions about rumours and news.

Edit: Where did the last part of my post go? Oh, well, I'll write it again:
    Boyle has started filming his other project, right? How long was the filming of that movie supposed to last?
    Back on topic, please.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Boyle has started filming his other project, right? How long was the filming of that movie supposed to last?

About 3 or 4 months I think.

Nothing that will affect filming of Bond 25, then…?
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 4,400

Wrong.

Filming begun last week and will finish early/mid June. Approximately six weeks (Boyle is known for coming in often under-schedule)
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead

Wrong.

Filming begun last week and will finish early/mid June.

Ok.
    Perhaps they should get Boyle to do the next several so EON can actually keep up a two yearly cycle.

Wrong.

Filming begun last week and will finish early/mid June.

Ok.

That's quick!
    vzok wrote: »
    Perhaps they should get Boyle to do the next several so EON can actually keep up a two yearly cycle.

Need someone to finish a decent script on a tight schedule, though. Maybe one of Boyle's regulars can manage to do that!
    Like I said as much as Demange (and purvis and Wade’s) likely version of you only live twice would of been cool we are in a Boyle bond taking on a protege Mission Impossible 3 terrorty with Boyle (assuming the rumors are true) so to quote Rhodey “look it’s me I’m here deal with it” and so I shall though this reeks of Mendes “finding the family” melodrama bs that plagued the last two films maybe Boyle can do it better he can’t do it worse
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork

You’re just wrong.

In my opinion you’re wrong.

You clearly disagree but that in no way, shape or form makes me wrong.
  • peterpeter Toronto

Wrong.

Filming begun last week and will finish early/mid June. Approximately six weeks (Boyle is known for coming in often under-schedule)

Hey guys, I just received an email from @ColonelSun that the actual shooting schedule for the Boyle film is twelve weeks, not six.
    edited April 2018 Posts: 23,883
    Boyle's other film will in no way hold up B25 imho.

If B25 is held up further, it is my opinion that it will be on account of other issues outside of actor and/or director. Namely the distributor and/or acquirer. There is of couse also a possibility that it will be delayed into the following year just because the release schedule is so crowded now and they need B25 to be a rather large hit (not just 'net profit' but also 'gross box office' given Bond has been away for so long). In that case it will be a tradeoff between getting it in theatres sooner to benefit MGM's bottom line earlier or pushing it out in order to make a bigger splash.

I have to say that MGM's current situation, including being run by M&A lawyers and others via committee is highly unusual, and suggests a sale is more likely than not. When, I'm not sure and it's possible that the future distributor is in fact the eventual acquirer, but the deal could be consummated after B25's release. This could explain the hush hush. The distribution deal is most likely linked to an acquisition.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Just heard back from my friends who attend Rachel's interview with Colbert at the Montclair Film Festival last night. They said the baby was mentioned for all of a second, nothing about DC, and he asked her about there being a female Bond to which she gave the same answer she did in an interview a few weeks back.
  • bondjames wrote: »
    Boyle's other film will in no way hold up B25 imho.

If B25 is held up further, it is my opinion that it will be on account of other issues outside of actor and/or director. Namely the distributor and/or acquirer. There is of couse also a possibility that it will be delayed into the following year just because the release schedule is so crowded now and they need B25 to be a rather large hit (not just 'net profit' but also 'gross box office' given Bond has been away for so long). In that case it will be a tradeoff between getting it in theatres sooner to benefit MGM's bottom line earlier or pushing it out in order to make a bigger splash.

I have to say that MGM's current situation, including being run by M&A lawyers and others via committee is highly unusual, and suggests a sale is more likely than not. When, I'm not sure and it's possible that the future distributor is in fact the eventual acquirer, but the deal could be consummated after B25's release. This could explain the hush hush. The distribution deal is most likely linked to an acquisition.

I pretty much agree with this. If you did a diagram of Bond 25 development it might look like this:

--Standard gap three years.

--Gap gets extended to four years because: 1) Eon had more non-007 projects 2) Daniel Craig wanted a break/do other things 3) MGM tries to sell itself to the Chinese in 2016.

--IF gap gets extended to five years it will be because of MGM trying to sell itself yet again. Remains to be seen whether this happens.