No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    The notion that a high-budget movie gets delayed because the stars wife is pregnant is downright laughable. I am really completely surprised that there are people in the news business go for it. Not to mention members of this very forum

Barbara and Wilson worship Craig and it seems they’ll do anything for him, so delaying a film they don’t seem to want to make anyway isn’t so far fetched.

On a side note: shouldn’t they have made skyfall as B25 because it’s the perfect film to end on.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    bondjames wrote: »
    So, what are we saying, here? Sophie Rundle plays a talented young agent being mentored by Bond (she has the looks and gravitas for such a role), and by the end of the mission/movie DC's Bond is dead and the young female agent steps into 007's shoes?
    As long as they don't have her dying in the end instead, and Bond holding her in his arms, guilt ridden and crying. We've already endured this sort of soap operatic sap twice recently (once in CR and again in SF), and I'd rather not have to experience it a third time, despite possible temptations to go down this route given those two films are seen as highlights of the Craig era.

Neither option fills me with joy. If Bond were to die, I would want to know before hand, so I could avoid the film indefinitely.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    The notion that a high-budget movie gets delayed because the stars wife is pregnant is downright laughable. I am really completely surprised that there are people in the news business go for it. Not to mention members of this very forum

Barbara and Wilson worship Craig

Interesting, you should post that on the religion thread.
  • Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA
    EON needs to put out the press release to end all these nonsense rumors
    So, what are we saying, here? Sophie Rundle plays a talented young agent being mentored by Bond (she has the looks and gravitas for such a role), and by the end of the mission/movie DC's Bond is dead and the young female agent steps into 007's shoes?
    As long as they don't have her dying in the end instead, and Bond holding her in his arms, guilt ridden and crying. We've already endured this sort of soap operatic sap twice recently (once in CR and again in SF), and I'd rather not have to experience it a third time, despite possible temptations to go down this route given those two films are seen as highlights of the Craig era.

Neither option fills me with joy. If Bond were to die, I would want to know before hand, so I could avoid the film indefinitely.

Same here.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited April 2018 Posts: 40,374

Yet again, EON never replies to rumors and gossip, ever. They'll make their announcements when the time comes.

That kind of policy would make them so busy, they wouldn t have any time left to do their job.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited April 2018 Posts: 5,185

Exactly, end one rumor and 20 new Pop up. Responding to each one of them would be a fulltime job and not worth EoNs time and money. What would it change anyway? Keepin some fans here from loosing their minds? Thats your Problem, not EoNs. They need to Focus on producing a movie. It will come when its ready.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    barryt007 wrote: »

Same here.
    Better make that three.
    I'm not saying that it should be their number 1 priority but if all the ducks are lined up then it's time they made the announcement that's all I'm saying
    I'm not saying that it should be their number 1 priority but if all the ducks are lined up then it's time they made the announcement that's all I'm saying

Who says they are? I'm sure when the ducks are indeed lined up and there's nothing else they're awaiting, they'll make the announcement.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    barryt007 wrote: »

Same here.
    Better make that three.

I really don't think Craigs last movie will end on a downer, that would be counter intuitive.
    All of his movies ended on a downer, except SP (and more or less clifhanger)
    On his last movie i would think they will have to make it the exact opposite. Bond is all about happy endings, until Craig we only had one downer ending (OHMSS)
    The self sacrifice angle has been played out in movies recently as well. He should definitly have a get-the-girl ending on his last movie.
    I guess I have too much faith in cash at reddit but all he is saying is more legit to me than what the sun is reporting
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Who says they are? I'm sure when the ducks are indeed lined up and there's nothing else they're awaiting, they'll make the announcement.

Duckburg.jpg

Disney has taken over now, haven t they? B25: JAMES BOND IN DUCKBURG
    Do you really think, all this nonsense has any reliability? Including most of the commenty comments on here?
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited April 2018 Posts: 23,883

Agreed. They are still waiting on a relatively big piece (or pieces) to fall in place. Once that is affirmed I think we'll get a comprehensive announcement. I still think we'll get this film in 2019.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    The notion that a high-budget movie gets delayed because the stars wife is pregnant is downright laughable.

So is the idea of taking a year off because the star is tired, but that's what happens at EON with Barbara in charge. I agree it is laughable, but it's what we have nonetheless.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Megan Ellison on instagram this month. She's the founder of Annapurna...

V3fo1Yf.jpg
    Isn't it all but confirmed (or perhaps officially confirmed and I missed it) that Annapurna is going to handle the domestic distribution?
    Of course. No surprise there.
    Isn't it all but confirmed (or perhaps officially confirmed and I missed it) that Annapurna is going to handle the domestic distribution?

All but officially confirmed Annapurna will handle domestic distribution and Warner Bros will handle international distribution according to cashpersia on reddit

All but officially confirmed Annapurna will handle domestic distribution and Warner Bros will handle international distribution according to cashpersia on reddit

Well that's not one and the same; it's refreshing hearing something, I'm sure, but he's just another Reddit poster to me that hasn't proven to be trustworthy. That last update of his didn't even seem to include anything of substance that we couldn't have guessed (distributors/filming start time/etc.) based on other rumors.

Annapurna has been officially commented on by sites like Variety and Deadline, but not WB for international distribution.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited April 2018 Posts: 7,981
    If these other publications didn't think there was anything to the rumours they wouldn't comment on them. They are many instances of tabloid gossip being completely ignored by other publications. For something to "catch fire" like this is, there must be something behind it. They are likely using The Sun as a source just to cover themselves

Well that's not one and the same; it's refreshing hearing something, I'm sure, but he's just another Reddit poster to me that hasn't proven to be trustworthy. That last update of his didn't even seem to include anything of substance that we couldn't have guessed (distributors/filming start time/etc.) based on other rumors.

Annapurna has been officially commented on by sites like Variety and Deadline, but not WB for international distribution.

WB was actually reported as the frontrunner for international distribution on Variety and Deadline I believe
    There's just been too much conflicting information/rumors coming from various sources and websites. Too much to sift through and contemplate what's real and what's bull at this stage, so I'll patiently await an inevitable confirmation from EON. Then we'll see what's true.
    The script’s already been leaked, guys! Christoph Waltz makes a surprise return to tell Bond he’s actually his biological brother, and Vesper faked her death the whole time and worked for SPECTRE!!! Has to be Craig’s best yet.

Barbara and Wilson worship Craig and it seems they’ll do anything for him, so delaying a film they don’t seem to want to make anyway isn’t so far fetched.

On a side note: shouldn’t they have made skyfall as B25 because it’s the perfect film to end on.

I would be really surprised if things were working that easy in the movie business. After all, other people ( especially those like Boyle)have schedules to keep. Schedules that make them millions and millions of dollars.
    The notion that a high-budget movie gets delayed because the stars wife is pregnant is downright laughable.

So is the idea of taking a year off because the star is tired, but that's what happens at EON with Barbara in charge. I agree it is laughable, but it's what we have nonetheless.

That’s certainly not the reason for the long break. After all she didn’t produce the two EON movies in the meantime on a spontaneous note.
  • RC7RC7
    If these other publications didn't think there was anything to the rumours they wouldn't comment on them. They are many instances of tabloid gossip being completely ignored by other publications. For something to "catch fire" like this is, there must be something behind it. They are likely using The Sun as a source just to cover themselves

A bit like when it ‘caught fire’ that Elba would be Bond, or Hardy would be Bond... etc
  • Do the regulars on this thread really want another Box done film?
    Isn't Sophie Rudle a little plain to be a Bond girl....

Anyway, this Reddit rumour is a hoax as the will is probably delayed. The Daily Mail have chimed in and posted this hilarious recent photo of Craig getting his haircut

4B96488900000578-5662461-image-a-81_1524780712938.jpg
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5662461/Daniel-Craig-steps-Rachel-Weisz-James-Bond-release-DELAYED-pregnancy.html

Also, for anyone interested; Danny Boyle has been spotted filming his new film in Essex:
    http://www.gazette-news.co.uk/news/16187446.Danny_Boyle_s_new_Beatles_musical_was_being_filmed_in_north_Essex_today/

Sophie Rundle certainly wasn't plain in Extras, but each to their own.