No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    MGM Names Ted Lim Senior Vice President of Strategic Planning
    https://deadline.com/2018/04/mgm-names-tim-lim-senior-vice-president-strategic-planning-1202377384/

“Ted’s specialized background in strategic planning, mergers and acquisitions and integration makes him an essential addition to our management team as MGM embarks on an aggressive and innovative growth strategy,” Brearton said in a statement.
  • Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    MGM Names Ted Lim Senior Vice President of Strategic Planning
    https://deadline.com/2018/04/mgm-names-tim-lim-senior-vice-president-strategic-planning-1202377384/

“Ted’s specialized background in strategic planning, mergers and acquisitions and integration makes him an essential addition to our management team as MGM embarks on an aggressive and innovative growth strategy,” Brearton said in a statement.

Hopefully this is good news for bond 25
    Fleming´s Bond wasn´t troubled. Fleming took himself quite some liberty when it came to describing the character, he varies quite a lot from book to book. I wouldn´t even say there is much of a real character development during the course of the novels.
    Of course one could argue that that is exactly where Bond is troubled, but that would raise the question why that supposed trouble doesn´t have the tiniest impact on the stories.
    To be fair, Fleming had other instances when he put things in a novel that didn´t have impact on the story, for example or especially in TB: Bond´s car is described in minute detail, disrupting the narrative tension (ok, there you have impact, but do we need that kind?), and then Blofeld and his personal background is again described in great detail, but then Blofeld neither appears again in the rest of the story, nor does he impact it in any way.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    No one can agree on what Flemings Bond was. Whenever I see the topic brought up there always becomes some dispute.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    https://www.reddit.com/r/JamesBond/comments/8f52hn/bond_25_has_a_director_and_distributor/
    I've heard now from several people that Danny Boyle is a lock, Annapurna will distribute domestically with MGM, Warner will distribute internationally with MGM. Filming begins in December. Casting is heavily underway.

Some form of announcement is forthcoming.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'm guessing the director/distributor announcement may go hand in hand, with bits of casting confirmations/rumors sprinkled out over the rest of the year.
    OOOOOOO Boy. Please be right Cash!
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited April 2018 Posts: 3,157
    Minion wrote: »
    https://www.reddit.com/r/JamesBond/comments/8f52hn/bond_25_has_a_director_and_distributor/
    I've heard now from several people that Danny Boyle is a lock, Annapurna will distribute domestically with MGM, Warner will distribute internationally with MGM. Filming begins in December. Casting is heavily underway.

Part of me hopes this is true because I desperately want some news, but at the same time I hope this user is a hack since that would mean the "Bond mentoring a young agent" thing was made up.
    Story details are the least reliable; anything could change in the script, and any of the details he gets could be just rumors in the first place. In any case I'm very excited to see some official news in the coming months. Cast especially.

In cash and baz we trust
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil

'Bout time.
    Remember when there were rumors of Craig signing up for two more after SP? With like an OHMSS adaptation for his sixth? Surely this next one is his last after all this waiting and whatnot.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Remember when there were rumors of Craig signing up for two more after SP? With like an OHMSS adaptation for his sixth? Surely this next one is his last after all this waiting and whatnot.

I figure by this point there's absolutely no doubt that B25 is his last.
    That’s how I feel anyway. I also am inclined to believe this is EON’s last...
    Not that it's any sort of confirmation given the site the article comes from, but MI6 shared this on Facebook:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/6152829/james-bond-new-film-release-date-delayed-daniel-craig-wife-rachel-weisz-pregnant/
    Isn’t The Sun particularly unreliable?
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Isn’t The Sun particularly unreliable?

Normally, yes. But this time, i'm not so sure. A delay wouldn't surprise me.
    Maybe. I agree it wouldn’t be surprising if we got a delay, but still I will believe it with more official confirmation. Same goes for the Cashley info. I know he has been right on certain things before but I can’t be satisfied without anything 100% official.
  • peterpeter Toronto

'Bout time.

doesn't this reddit info by a guy that seems to be in the industry and is quite often right, feel more believable than the Sun- which is quite often more than wrong?
    It's true. If I'm not mistaken, this guy on Reddit is correct more often than the Sun - or other sites like it. Therefore, December is the more likely month for filming to begin. Hopefully.
    So then, just for fun, let's play this out.

If we count backward, what needs to be in place to start shooting in December?

And what kind of shooting/editing schedule do we need to get a movie out 11 months after the start of shooting?
    So far, the Reddit guy predicted nothing.
    The sun is full of it I believe the reddit guy over the sun article
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 12,243
    There’s a useful four-letter word, and you’re full of it.

Moore Bond, 1974. Works for all these “news” sites.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited April 2018 Posts: 23,883
    Isn't the redditer's post just reaffirming his earlier predictions? He already said that Boyle was a lock, that an announcement was likely in the next month and that they were going to start shooting towards the end of the year if I'm not mistaken. So really there's nothing new there. Let's see what next month brings.

This Sun rumour of a 'possible' delay squares with what we've heard recently from other sources, including this very site's twitter feed. However, the rationale has a particularly characteristic Sun specific b/s filter applied. I highly doubt that any possible further delay (in addition to the 3+ years we've already experienced) will be permitted so that Craig can spend time with his wife. What I'm saying is that if there is indeed a delay, it will be for other reasons.
    Now Cashley says Sophie Rundle is a "frontrunner" for the female lead of the film.

All I've seen her in is Peaky Blinders, which I love. I'd be down for her being cast.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Hardly an 'A' lister. Is she playing Bond's daughter?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited April 2018 Posts: 10,586
    How long do they plan on waiting before casting Cate Blanchett in a villain role?