No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    For me, if Bond 25 ignored everything in the previous four films and just gave us a standalone entry, that would be cause for celebration.
  • edited January 2018 Posts: 2,115
    bondjames wrote: »
    Dennison wrote: »
    Bernie99 wrote: »
    Any news about the studio-situation? I mean if we get no news in the next couple of months, i can't imagine Bond 25 comes out 2019

I can't imagine them releasing a release date for the film without some confidence that the distribution situation will get sorted - it would be very embarassing to have to move it back. Be patient - Broccoli said we'd get some news early in the year, we're still only in January.

As an aside, on Wednesday it will have been six months since they announced that release date without the distributor issue settled.
    Which is an important point of clarification. That date was set without a distributor or a director (since confirmed). So the idea was to work towards that date, which is different from how they've approached it in the past (where a distributor was known in advance and in agreement with the proposed release date). Additionally, as we've discussed, two mega releases have since moved within shooting distance of that date (WW-2 and SW9).

No distributor, director or announced star (though Craig apparently had signaled privately he was coming back, but that only came out after August). The only hard piece of information in the July 24 release was that Purvis & Wade were writing (confirming Bamigboye's story from early March 2017).
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    I’d officially paint the picture bleak if we don’t get news by AT LEAST March.

We shall see...
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    edited January 2018 Posts: 45,489
    The Bond 24 Prodthread lasted for 870 pages over four years and nine months.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    mattjoes wrote: »
    For me, if Bond 25 ignored everything in the previous four films and just gave us a standalone entry, that would be cause for celebration.

Yes!

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    talos7 wrote: »
    mattjoes wrote: »

Yes!

That would be incredible news for sure, but at this rate, I have a feeling it'll be another continuation sadly. No matter, it's Craig's last so the next era will get us back to something new/fresh/standalone, I'm sure.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Slightly O/T but at work, the whole office slacked off for the last 3 hours talking about everything and anything to do with Bond. Quite surreal.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Slightly O/T but at work, the whole office slacked off for the last 3 hours talking about everything and anything to do with Bond. Quite surreal.

Doesn't get better than being paid to discuss Bond. Did you have to suppress the urge to correct people when they said something false? I remember standing in line opening night for SF, speaking with a woman who was convinced Judi Dench had recently passed. A lot of tongue biting took place, couldn't seem to convince her.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Doesn't get better than being paid to discuss Bond. Did you have to suppress the urge to correct people when they said something false? I remember standing in line opening night for SF, speaking with a woman who was convinced Judi Dench had recently passed. A lot of tongue biting took place, couldn't seem to convince her.

Because it was so unexpected, inclusive and for how long the discussion was even when people were talking nonsense you just had to smile because you realise just how far reaching and impactful Bond is/has been on EVERYONE. There was a debate that lasted almost 40 minutes as to who the best Bond is and I was surprised at how many votes Learn by got. Women...WOMEN in the office knew their stuff and interestingly enough most of the women in the office didn't really like Brosnan. Craig got a lot of flack from a fair few of the men for being too muscular; they were exaggerating their case but all in all it was the best afternoon at work since...since ever.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Someone on the AJB forum posted a detailed account of all the events leading up to production for SPECTRE. It wasn’t until late 2014, a couple of months before shooting that everything was finally solidified, and things were set to go. If history repeats itself we won't be learning anything concrete in regards to casting/locations until the end of summer.

However, there was chatter in regards to SP in January of 2014. In Feb. 2014, Ralph Fiennes had an idea of when shooting would begin, yet here we are with Ben Whishaw reporting that things "have gone quiet."
    I'm still expecting the next announcement of sorts by March, April at the latest.
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    yet here we are with Ben Whishaw reporting that things "have gone quiet."
    Which pretty much proves that Q won't return.

Waltz said he wasn't going to play Blofeld in SP, either.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    It really doesn't.
    I think their going quiet this time & are aiming to suprise.
    Tuck91 wrote: »

With a new 007 preferable. ;)
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited January 2018 Posts: 3,157

Recently a colleague of mine (whose parents are from Morocco) said many movies are filmed in Morocco, including one a couple of years ago he couldn't remember the name of. I told him the last James Bond movie had been shot there, and he said "exactly, that one."
    Also, last week he was talking with a colleague and jokingly asked if he had a " licence to kill", bur unfortunately I missed the context of their conversation.

Hopefully you're right. Fingers crossed for Moneypenny and Tanner to stay out of this picture as well and Felix Leiter to return.
    Q is returning, im sure whishaw knows to keep his schedule open, smae for Fiennes & Harris,
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    SaintMark wrote: »

With a new 007 preferable. ;)
    Now that would be a real surprise indeed.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Q is returning, im sure whishaw knows to keep his schedule open, smae for Fiennes & Harris,

If they only have 1 minute of screen time each, it shouldn’t be more than a day of shooting and could be squeezed in any time am I right. On the other hand if B25 is Bond/M/ Moneypenny/ Q adventure where they all go and solve crimes together, then we could have a problem.
    You get the sense sometimes that most serious directors have no interest in Bond.
    Getafix wrote: »
    You get the sense sometimes that most serious directors have no interest in Bond.

How so? Villeneuve and Nolan have both talked about how they would want to do a Bond movie someday. The only 'never' I heard was from Kathryn Bigalow
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    There are many names to add to that list. One of them being Danny Boyle.
  • edited January 2018 Posts: 11,425
    Getafix wrote: »

How so? Villeneuve and Nolan have both talked about how they would want to do a Bond movie someday. The only 'never' I heard was from Kathryn Bigalow

Yes but Villeneuve was offered it and said no.

And if so many are keen why still no announcement?

I’d prefer if a director was involved at any early stage.

Mendes or someone else on SF claims I think that the delays on that film allowed them to salvage it and turn the script around. I don’t fully buy that as I think the final SF script was still pretty poor, but it shows how when a director is brought in late it rarely makes for a smooth process as they often want to make extensive changes.
    I would not be surprised to find out that a director has been in place for some time.
    I would not be surprised to find out that a director has been in place for some time.

Christopher Nolan?
    Possibly, but if not him , someone; when all is said and done, I predict we will find out that a director had been chosen, and hired, long before it was announced.

It is what I have heard myself a few weeks ago, nothing beyond that though.
  • Getafix wrote: »
    I’ve been touting Kenneth Branagh for years

Has he been enjoying that?
  • Not sure about Brannagh directing (his Jack Ryan film was so boring imo), but he'd make a great villain.