No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    The shocking thing to me is people watching films from the 1960's and acting appalled that they don't fit in with the PC culture of the 21st Century. Ya think??
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    The shocking thing to me is people watching films from the 1960's and acting appalled that they don't fit in with the PC culture of the 21st Century. Ya think??

That is most likely due to the fact that said people have nothing better to do. Pathetic really.
    RogueAgent wrote: »

That is most likely due to the fact that said people have nothing better to do. Pathetic really.

Agreed. You can find outrage and offense anywhere when all you're doing is seeking it out.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    mattjoes wrote: »
    Walecs wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »
    JET007 wrote: »
    patb wrote: »
    The media scrum re the Presidents Club party is fascinating IMHO. Without getting into the politics, is just true that our cultural values are changing at a remarkable pace. It's was only in 2012 that Bond walked naked unnanounced into a womans shower. Could/would that scene be written into a 2018 Bond effort? I'm not sure sure. The boundaries concerning what is and what is not acceptable are moving so quickly and only in one direction. The excellent book "Licence to Thrill" is going to need an update.

I'm VERY curious how this is going to come into play.

http://www.ladbible.com/community/film-and-tv-millennials-are-rewatching-james-bond-and-getting-seriously-offended-20180124

"They want me to feel bad for the guy who shot [Severine]"

Who does? Nowhere in the movie they say Silva is a good guy or that you should feel sorry for him. Infact, the movie makes the difference between Bond and Silva quite clear.

If anything Skyfall shows that not even the good guys are 100% good, as M made mistakes too. "The heroes and the villains get all mixed up." has been a recurring theme through Craig movies.

I can't believe people are this stupid.
    I think that person is talking about the prison scene in which we understand what happened to Silva.

At any rate, I agree the complain is utterly ridiculous.

Yeah, I know they're talking about that. But making a character three dimensional or giving him a sympathetic backstory doesn't mean justifying their bad actions.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Are millenials offended by Tarantino’s use of the N word?

Yes, some of the content in the 60s films is tough to watch today: but this isn’t evergreen content. Even Sesame Street’s old episodes are non-PC. Instead of complaining about the Bond films, critics should approach them as wonderfully preserved artifacts. We can learn much from them.

Furthermore, Craig and Dench did a terrific PSA a few years ago: Bond in drag. It is worth checking out.
    U.N.C.L.E. was also up against Mission Impossible which was still going strong. It did well in ancillary release and they are still trying to put a sequel together. Period or not 007 needs something different now to get me re-interested in the series. Would love to see Martin Campbell return at the helm.
    I wonder whether they’re gonna go TSWLM me with Craig’s 5th - a crowd pleasing finale. Or do a bit of a genre twist and surprise us. I suppose a faithful YOLT type scenario would be different but sense that particular approach is less likely - esp as Waltz announced he’s not coming back
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Disappointed this thread seems to be becoming the dumpster fire that is that "politically correct" thread, but I guess 1290 pages in, every talking point is going to be discussed eventually.

Really, really looking forward to some B25 news.
    Disappointed this thread seems to be becoming the dumpster fire that is that "politically correct" thread, but I guess 1290 pages in, every talking point is going to be discussed eventually.

We do need something,this thread is just totally random atm.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    It’s utterly painful.
  • RC7RC7
    edited January 2018 Posts: 10,512

This thread is approaching 6am at the house party. The same pissed people saying the same things they were saying 10 hours before, but refuse to go to bed.
    RC7 wrote: »

This thread is approaching 6am at the house party. The same pissed people saying the same things they were saying 10 hours before, but refuse to go to bed.

Apt description, for the last 400-500 pages.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    What does anyone expect? There's no news. Not much to talk about. Folks will speculate and discuss whatever's on their mind.

Those who have a problem with it can take a break from here. When there's news, it will get back on track.
    The endless mentioning of there being no news is just as frequent and tired as those of us complaining about the complaining. Have some patience everyone, something will roll along in a matter of weeks/months now.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    edited January 2018 Posts: 6,733
    The thread changes from one specific subject to the other all the time, whether it's the strengths and weaknesses of past films; the possible directions in which to take the story of the next film; returning characters; the producers' approach to making the films; possible directors and actors; cultural, social and political changes that might influence the films; or Bond's competition in the film market. All in the context of the next film. There is overlap between these subjects, of course, but surely new things are said about them every once in a while, or the same things are looked at from different points of view. The thread is within the general ballpark of what it can hope to be in the early stages of production of the next film. Surely it's as repetitive or non-repetitive as the rest of the forums? It's not like everyday there's something radically new to say or discuss about the previous Bond films, the actors, the music, etc. There's bound to be some repetition.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited January 2018 Posts: 23,883
    The thread changes from one specific subject to the other all the time, whether it's the strengths and weaknesses of past films; the possible directions in which to take the story of the next film; returning characters; the producers' approach to making the films; possible directors and actors; cultural, social and political changes that might influence the films; or Bond's competition in the film market. All in the context of the next film. There is overlap between these subjects, of course, but surely new things are said about them every once in a while, or the same things are looked at from different points of view. The thread is within the general ballpark of what it can hope to be in the early stages of production of the next film. Surely it's as repetitive or non-repetitive as the rest of the forums? It's not like everyday there's something radically new to say or discuss about the previous Bond films. There's bound to be repetition.
    Well said.
    The endless mentioning of there being no news is just as frequent and tired as those of us complaining about the complaining. Have some patience everyone, something will roll along in a matter of weeks/months now.
    Well said also.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    The thread changes from one specific subject to the other all the time, whether it's the strengths and weaknesses of past films; the possible directions in which to take the story of the next film; returning characters; the producers' approach to making the films; possible directors and actors; cultural, social and political changes that might influence the films; or Bond's competition in the film market. All in the context of the next film. There is overlap between these subjects, of course, but surely new things are said about them every once in a while, or the same things are looked at from different points of view. The thread is within the general ballpark of what it can hope to be in the early stages of production of the next film. Surely it's as repetitive or non-repetitive as the rest of the forums? It's not like everyday there's something radically new to say or discuss about the previous Bond films, the actors, the music, etc. There's bound to be some repetition.
    Precisely!
    To get things back on track: I am still not 100% convinced that Villeneuve is out. His explanations seem like polite ways of dismissing the question without saying, flat out, “No, I am not directing Bond 25.”
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    TripAces wrote: »
    To get things back on track: I am still not 100% convinced that Villeneuve is out. His explanations seem like polite ways of dismissing the question without saying, flat out, “No, I am not directing Bond 25.”
    +1
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    And I'm not at all convinced that Waltz is out.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Or even that Craig won't return for BOND 26. It all remains to be seen.

Me neither on that, too.

Despite waltz being perfect, they swung at it an missed spectacularly. No way he's back.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    And I'm still not convinced they are making the next film.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    And we cannot rule out that Idris Elba gets it instead.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Bond 25 released Nov 8th 2019 (probably earlier in UK), so just 22 months to go roughly. Hard to see how they will do it in that timeframe.
    Personally I don't think they have got anything in place yet.

I dont think and Never did its just the dcripts fault, he didnt nail it. He tried the sardonic smile for Most of his screen time and it just wasnt. It was a boring and lame performance, because He just didnt catch the rigjt nuances. He tried something, that didn’t work. To a big part his fault IMO and No, he won’t be back in my humble opinion

Think SP is to much of a mess to really tell if the acting performances are bad or not. The script and story is really, really bad. In fact, with each viewing, it falls down on my list.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Think SP is to much of a mess to really tell if the acting performances are bad or not. The script and story is really, really bad. In fact, with each viewing, it falls down on my list.
    Only lasts until your 24th viewing.