The November Man (2014) - Pierce Brosnan's return to the spy genre

Comments

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Great news! Thanks for posting. :)
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Great news! Thanks for posting. :)

You're welcome. I posted it here as soon as I saw it, because I know you're all excited as I am.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I love this bit in the article:

The trailer hits theaters and online on Friday. Brosnan insists this is a darker, gadget-free world away from 007.

"All he has are hard knuckles, a hard head and a lot of heart," he says. "He has a gun and a knife that he knows how to use effectively. That's it. It's kind of stripped down."

Sounds fantastic, actually!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Wow, this sounds amazing. Thank you so much for the news!! I'll be keeping my eyes peeled tomorrow.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited June 2014 Posts: 16,330
    The wait is so painful... :((
    But the anticipation is so high. :-bd
    Murdock wrote:

Yes it is. What's even worse is that I can almost guarantee this will not be released in theaters whatsoever near me. If 'The Raid 2' didn't make a theater run near me, then 'November Man' most certainly won't. I can only hope it's limited enough that it manages a proper quality version online as soon as it's released. I can't handle waiting until the end of the year or early 2015 to finally see this. I'll go mad.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Murdock wrote:

Yes it is. What's even worse is that I can almost guarantee this will not be released in theaters whatsoever near me. If 'The Raid 2' didn't make a theater run near me, then 'November Man' most certainly won't. I can only hope it's limited enough that it manages a proper quality version online as soon as it's released. I can't handle waiting until the end of the year or early 2015 to finally see this. I'll go mad.

Same. It's something I'm worrying about. I really want to see it on the big screen. But if not, I'll buy it as soon as it hits the markets.
    I hope I get a nice little surprise come release and find out that it is playing in a theater nearby. If that's the case, I'll be the first one in line to see it!
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I hope I get a nice little surprise come release and find out that it is playing in a theater nearby. If that's the case, I'll be the first one in line to see it!

I live between 3 theaters so hopefully it will be showing in one of those three.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:

A man in his early twenties has been camping outside his local theater in a tent for ten, count 'em ten days. As far as we can tell, his mission is to be the first human being to see "November Man" in the theaters, and has taken every step to make that dream come true. He is slightly smelly after days without showering, but as far as I can tell after speaking with him for just a few minutes he is seeking donations for bottled water and toilet paper leading up to the premiere of the film. Onlookers have given him the moniker of "The Urban Wild-Man," and he has often marked his territory in front of passersby on the sidewalk and even howled at the moon in an effort to attract a mate to cuddle with on the coldest of nights, all to no avail. We are urging everyone to exercise caution when around him.
    edited June 2014 Posts: 40,473
    :-)) I'll be quite proud if I make the news in that sense, Brady! My fifteen minutes of fame in life amounts to being stinky and wanting of a cuddle buddy, pre-'November Man.'

I remember hopping in line at 9:30 PM for the midnight showing of 'Skyfall.' I was in line for an hour before anyone else arrived, but as soon as the employee put up the sign for where I could stand, she said "Sir, you know the film doesn't start until midnight, you don't have to start standing now."

"Uhh...*puts up hand*, let me stop you there, sweetheart. I've waited four years for this movie, I think my legs can handle a few hours of standing."
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited June 2014 Posts: 17,691
    "He has a gun and a knife that he knows how to use effectively. That's it. It's kind of stripped down."
    No rocket-pack or laser pen?
    What bloody century IS this???

:))
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I remember hopping in line at 9:30 PM for the midnight showing of 'Skyfall.' I was in line for an hour before anyone else arrived, but as soon as the employee put up the sign for where I could stand, she said "Sir, you know the film doesn't start until midnight, you don't have to start standing now."

"Uhh...*puts up hand*, let me stop you there, sweetheart. I've waited four years for this movie, I think my legs can handle a few hours of standing."

AhAhAhAh! :P
    edited June 2014 Posts: 16,330
    Awwww yeah!!!
    Finally! Thank you very much Murdock!!
    My pleasure. :)
    Hmm, it does bare a striking resemblance to Stathom's The Mechanic.

Let's just hope it's a lot better. :-)
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Awesome! Cheers Murdock! Love how that guy gets punched off his bike. Olga looks great in the one second we see her. :x
    Pardon me, friends. It appears I need a new change of underwear all of a sudden.
    I was really anticipating this movie but that trailer is seriously lacking.

Brosnan seems to just be doing a Liam Neeson impression. I wish Brosnan moved on to better fare, for instance I really loved 'The Matador' and 'Seraphim Falls' and wish Broz did more films in that vein. I'm fed up with generic action movies.

It must be said though that Brosnan still looks great. Had the series wanted to keep churning out Bond flicks akin to DAD Broz could very well still play the role today. He still looks like Bond.

spl572117_003-wm900.jpg
    edited June 2014 Posts: 40,473
    I thought the trailer lacked the brutality of the first bit of footage we saw, but hey, that footage will still be in the film. The trailer's just giving us an overall idea of what to expect, and I think the movie will truly surprise us.

@Pierce2Daniel, I would LOVE to see a sequel to 'The Matador.' Imagine Julian and Danny meeting up in Greece for another hit or something. Poorly-timed jokes are told, cigarettes are smoked, underage sex occurs, and blackout nights happen. The first film is definitely one of my favorite Brosnan movies.
    It's not the greatest trailer that's for sure but it doesn't mean that the film itself will be poor.

I just think it looks too much like The Mechanic.
    The trailer is great because it isn't a giant spoiler. I'll see it, buy it, and buy it again for one of my friends. ;)
    It's not the greatest trailer that's for sure but it doesn't mean that the film itself will be poor.

Why, because of the older, seasoned agent who:
    Has a younger protege that he trains in life and then returns to fight?

I can see where you're coming from.
    Creasy47 wrote:

Why, because of the older, seasoned agent who:
    Has a younger protege that he trains in life and then returns to fight?

I can see where you're coming from.

Yes.
    Bronson did it first! ;)
    MV5BMTYxMzQ1MTkyNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTY3ODE1NA@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg
    Murdock wrote:
    Bronson did it first! ;)

Oh, there are A LOT of actors who walked away from explosions first. ;-)

You'd be hard-pressed to find scenes in action films these days that don't borrow from other movies, in a sense.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    Bronson did it first! ;)

Oh, there are A LOT of actors who walked away from explosions first. ;-)

You'd be hard-pressed to find scenes in action films these days that don't borrow from other movies, in a sense.

I wasn't referring to the car explosion, I was just posting because Statham's (not mechanic.) Was brought up so I thought I should post the REAL mechanic. ;)
    Murdock wrote:
    Bronson did it first! ;)

Can't see that photo but I remember seeing the film many years ago.

A young Jan Michael Vincent if I'm not mistaken. It certainly had a far better ending than the Statham version.