The November Man (2014) - Pierce Brosnan's return to the spy genre

Comments

LeChiffre wrote:
    Looking forward to this. Could be Brosnan's shot at a gritty espionage thriller ala Bourne. He never truly had a classic Bond film so maybe this will help compensate. I love Goldeneye but it pales in comparison to the debuts of Dalton and Craig. Actually if Campbell had removed the dreaded lines "I am invincible" and " I had to ventilate someone" then Goldeneye would stand up a lot better I think.

The palest debut remains Daltons, he is by far becoming the less known 007 he even stands in shadow of Lazenby who had one of the best stories by Fleming and supporting cast anybody could wish for.

Brosnan has always rode a popular 007 ride and the people nay-ing him always forgot that with Brosnan the franchise got a large boost, so that it would always be easy for the next guy to take over a very healthy franchise.

Brosnan also has one of the best Post-007 carreers of the 007 actors and it pleases me a lot that his November man might just be another shot at a fraanchise for the man.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    JamesPage wrote:
    For those who missed it in the closed thread:

P A I N F A C E
    Video_The_Solution.jpg

Ah, our old friend Mr Painface.

350x700px-LL-be7e439a_6dba5a59.jpeg

As for Dalton, I think it's the opposite. I am not saying that he is on the same level of popularity as Connery or Moore, or that he ever will be, but my personal experience is that he is more popular now, than he has ever been (in the years that I have been a fan, since 1996). Hell, people now acknowledge he was Bond, which wasn't the case a few years ago.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @LeChiffre, you know where I stand with GE, and I really don't think two small lines can make or break a film like that.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Heartache has battered him terribly. Good that he's still flyin'.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I didn't catch a name, but is that his producing partner in Irish Dreamtime, Beau St. Clair, there with him in this clip?
    I didn't catch a name, but is that his producing partner in Irish Dreamtime, Beau St. Clair, there with him in this clip?

I don't believe that's her.
    Just curious. It's just nice that Beau and Pierce have worked together for so long. Maybe that is another producer.
    Just curious. It's just nice that Beau and Pierce have worked together for so long. Maybe that is another producer.

It could be. I can't find any newer looking pictures of Beau (at least ones newer than around the release of 'The Matador' and 'Seraphim Falls'), but it doesn't look like her in the face. I agree, it's nice that they've been working together for nearly two decades now. I love the work Irish Dreamtime has put forth.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

No, according to the description under the video she is Pierce's co-star, a Ms. Trine Dyrholm, a Danish actress..
    Really looking forward to seeing this film.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    I've uploaded November Man's teaser trailer on YouTube with James Bond music. I've done a couple of tries:

Die Another Day
    OHMSS and Tomorrow Never Dies
    Nightfire
    Oh, I like all 3 versions - thanks!
    Maybe I'll pick the DAD version as my favorite, but all are good.
    Oh, I like all 3 versions - thanks!
    Maybe I'll pick the DAD version as my favorite, but all are good.

Thank you very much ;)
    Wow, less than three months to movie release, and yet no trailer has been shown yet.
    Walecs wrote:
    Wow, less than three months to movie release, and yet no trailer has been shown yet.

It's quite surprising, and I was really sure that they would release a trailer after those snippets of footage were released a few weeks back, but no such luck. I hope we get something very soon.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I was really sure that they would release a trailer after those snippets of footage were released a few weeks back

Me too, actually.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I hope we get something very soon.

I really hope so!
    I'm sure in one month exactly we'll have another teaser of sorts or a trailer. Then it'll be less than two months to release, and it's rare that a film makes it that long without releasing some official form of footage.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    What November man really needs is a solid advertising campaign. Plus considering it's made by an indie company, It's not going to have all the advertising of that of a paramount/universal/disney movie. But if it really wants to make a profit, It's going to need some good advertising. I'm going to see it for sure.
    I'm sure it'll get a trailer (maybe two) and fly way under the radar, with it premiering to a very limited release, so most of us will have to wait until it's released on blu-ray and DVD.
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 6,396
    Murdock wrote:
    What November man really needs is a solid advertising campaign. Plus considering it's made by an indie company, It's not going to have all the advertising of that of a paramount/universal/disney movie. But if it really wants to make a profit, It's going to need some good advertising. I'm going to see it for sure.

It's a very low budget film so it's marketing campaign isn't going to be anything too grand. It's one hope is that it becomes a breakout hit and the bigger multiplex chains put it on more cinema screens. That seldom happens though to be honest.
    Yeah, like I said, it'll be limited and I doubt most of us even get to see it. Hopefully it finds its way online shortly after its theater release ;-).
    Damn, I hope this movie won't be a flop, I was really hoping to see other November Man novels turned to screen (Brosnan expressed his interested in creating a movie franchise).

If there'll ever be new movies, I hope that we'll see Brosnan take Hanley's role and give the November Man codename to someone younger, because Brosnan does look great for his age, but he certainly won't be able to do 6 movies or so (assuming he made one every 2 years, he'd be what, 72?).
    edited May 2014 Posts: 12,459
    It definitely does not have to be doomed to be a flop - it is an indie film, so it simply needs word of mouth a LOT more. It won't have a huge budget for marketing. But let's not despair yet, people. I think it is going to be a good film; hoping for very good.

If it gets enough box office and acclaim, then I can see Brosnan doing 2 (in this particular November Man series) more easily. He is okay age wise for that, as long as his health holds. I hope it is more than one film, especially if it kicks ass.
    Oh, I'm sure it'll be a fantastic film, I just don't believe that it'll get a lot of marketing or a wide release at all, unfortunately.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Let's just spam various social media sites to see the movie as well. ;)
    Yeah, seriously, let's do something like that.
    And some of you talented folks (if you have time) can make a fan trailer when we get enough stills from it. I do hope, though, that some basic trailer is coming to us officially soon.
    I don't use Twitter, but I may start. I'd like to show more support for Pierce publicly, as well as BBC Sherlock, a few things like that.
    You know, I was seriously going to do that. Once the trailer comes out, I'll post it everywhere. It will get some attention for sure.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    YES! This looks to be fantastic.