The November Man (2014) - Pierce Brosnan's return to the spy genre

Comments

• QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    I don't like the title of this thread but I have to say I'm really happy to see Brosnan back in an action role!
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited February 2014 Posts: 12,459
    I already commented some on the Brosnan appreciation thread, but yeah, let's keep this open (@thelivingroyale gave a good example of why). I am very psyched for this film! (Maybe just change the name of this thread to add the words "sort of" at the end ...?)

It looks to be a good film, with Olga K. in it also. He looks badass and I am very excited to have learned there are about 13 November Man books. Cool! So if it is enough of a box office success - and I really hope so, of course - we may then get Brosnan in a new series! I am all for that. Give me 2 or 3 more very good spy films starring Brosnan and I'm happy. :-bd

@Walecs said: I'm currently reading Schism, the second book in the November Man series. This is going to be exciting

Do let us know, Walecs, how you like the story! I am ordering a couple of the books this weekend.

• Never believed it for one moment. People must realize there's about as much chance of Pierce Brosnan returning as James Bond as there is Nixon returning as next president. Pity one or two actually fell for it

As mentioned in a previous response, this thread would seem unnecessary. Add it to the Brosnan appreciation corner if needs be
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    edited February 2014 Posts: 5,080
    Looking forward to it. Nice to see Brosnan in post Bond films! And it's got Olga Kurylenko in it, so we know that we're going to get a good female lead.
    edited February 2014 Posts: 12,459
    Of course we did not believe it, Baltimore. The OP was just having fun. This looks to be a good film, and it's okay to discuss it here as Craig has a separate one on one of his films. And other examples, too, I think, of specific films being discussed.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Of course we did not believe it, Baltimore. The OP was just having fun. This looks to be a good film, and it's okay to discuss it here as Craig has a separate one on one of his films. And other examples, too, I think, of specific films being discussed.

Indeed, the title is a bit of a tease but was done so in good fun. Pierce has said that he would have loved to have done another Bond and would have liked playing the part with a bit more of an edge. This may be as close as we get to seeing how that would have turned out.
    I do hope so; the source material could be really good and keep it on track. Like I just commented elsewhere, I want this to be a really good spy thriller - not just an action flick or too much of a Bond copy. I hope Pierce had some real satisfaction making this one.
    Think it will certainly be worth a look!
    Had no idea these were books first. Guess I'll be checking them out this weekend!
    And I agree with you @4EverBonded, I want it to be an awesome spy thriller as well as it having some awesome action scenes, just nothing OTT. Really hope Brosnan can finally show us the direction he wanted to take Bond in with this film.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I constantly check every day in hopes for a trailer for 'November Man.' Shame.
    I was checking until I learned that you were doing that for me; thanks, @Creasy47! :D
  • Is it being released as the same time as the men from uncle? It be a nice contrast to see the young almost with the man who should have had it all but was let down by thing he loved the most.

PB show Babs what she missed out on old fella.
    Well, look how Liam has carved out his action kick-butt, take no prisoners, badass character. Nice second surge in career at his age. Pierce can be awesome still in this kind of role; really want to see it. I do not know for sure when it is opening ...
    So you would think this film withl him given up the ghost. Maybe acting and proper jobs dont count

Still waiting to see his hamlet
    I was checking until I learned that you were doing that for me; thanks, @Creasy47! :D

You're quite welcome! With the slew of new 'Guardians of the Galaxy' information sprouting out along the web, I've been checking movie sites even more now, so as soon as I see the trailer posted, I'll send it your way.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited February 2014 Posts: 17,786
    Well, look how Liam has carved out his action kick-butt, take no prisoners, badass character. Nice second surge in career at his age. Pierce can be awesome still in this kind of role; really want to see it. I do not know for sure when it is opening ...

Liam Neeson was also considered for the role of Bond around the time of GoldenEye too. Plus, he's from Northern Ireland and we're rightly very proud of him.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    actonsteve wrote:
    So you would think this film withl him given up the ghost. Maybe acting and proper jobs dont count

Still waiting to see his hamlet

I'm not sure if it's my tiredness or if actonsteve isn't making much sense here?

It's him, I have no idea what he's talking about.
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    edited May 2014 Posts: 1,380
    For those who missed it in the closed thread:

P A I N F A C E
    Video_The_Solution.jpg
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    That's not the pain face, that's the Kill Face. ;)
    His face is irrelevant when he is choking a man out with a damn hose.
    Creasy47 wrote:

I've rewatched the teaser so many times, even Played the Bond theme behind it. I want to see this move soooo badly!
    Murdock wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

I've rewatched the teaser so many times, even Played the Bond theme behind it. I want to see this move soooo badly!

You and I both. The Brozz clotheslines a man off of a motorcycle. You can't get better than that. And that casual, bad-ass walk away from the explosion he does at the beginning of the teaser? I can't wait for a proper trailer.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

You and I both. The Brozz clotheslines a man off of a motorcycle. You can't get better than that. And that casual, bad-ass walk away from the explosion he does at the beginning of the teaser? I can't wait for a proper trailer.

And he doesn't look his age either. He looks like he just walked off Die Another Day ready for this film.
  • LicencedToKilt69007LicencedToKilt69007 Belgium, Wallonia
    It seems really excellent ; I can't wait to see it ! :D

...mmm release in...November in Europe, well that's...logical. ^^

He doesn't look old at all in this ; I agree with @Murdock : it's like being the next film right after DAD. Truly amazing !
    Can we change the title of this thread to 'November Man' please?
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Brosnan actually looks fantastic for his age. He looks far more intimidating now than he did when he was Bond. With November Man being an R-Rated film, I wonder if this will be Brosnan Bond 2.0.

Very excited.
    Brosnan actually looks fantastic for his age. He looks far more intimidating now than he did when he was Bond. With November Man being an R-Rated film, I wonder if this will be Brosnan Bond 2.0.

Very excited.

That's how I feel, he really looks great for his age. I'm even more excited to see this.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I'm trying not to obsess. I can wait. I can wait. I will not obsess.
    Think about something else...
    baseball...

*not working*
    chrisisall wrote:
    I'm trying not to obsess. I can wait. I can wait. I will not obsess.
    Think about something else...
    baseball...

*not working*

I'm just hoping now that we had a bit of footage released that the trailer will come out in the next couple of days. I'll try and keep my eyes posted here, as I still haven't seen any of the movie sites I regularly check post the footage that was just released.