The November Man (2014) - Pierce Brosnan's return to the spy genre

Comments

"Despise" his Bond films? That's not too strong, is it? I usually save that word for some moral outrage. Lucky for me I never used it in regards to DC.

Anyway, I definitely think PB has a great future as an older, wiser spy.

• M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited April 2013 Posts: 4,450
    For years there scream that there going to make this movie and Thomas Crown Afair 2.
    I hope that Olga in November Man isn't the reasen for delay of Bond 24 to 2016.

So have now 4 intresting people work on the movie, i think Roger Donaldson is a very intresting choose because for years much people whant see him making a Bond movie with Brosnan. Last year i watch The Bank Job, great movie. It get 8/10 from me. The 4th person is one of producers who work on a lot of Brosnan movies include The Thomas Crown Afair, The Matador and Butterfly on A Wheel.

Problem mabey can be the screenplay writers and the cinematopgrahper is the same as Taken 2 and Transporter 3. I hope the movie get a good second united directer.
  • Bond24 has not been delayed to 2016, don't know where you got your facts from. Still on track for 2014, because at last official word MGM wants a new one every 2 years as long as Craig is in the lead (I could possibly see the next in 2019 if Craig is done because a replacement will be needed) and EON has agreed to that.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited April 2013 Posts: 7,989
    I think they've taken a step back from the two year promise; I think three,2015, is more realistic.
    http://collider.com/james-bond-24-sequel-release/
  • LicencedToKilt69007LicencedToKilt69007 Belgium, Wallonia
    That's great news ; I wish them much successes and, only God knows, awards.

After The Fourth Protocol and The Tailor of Panama (excluding The Matador from the genre), I'd be glad to watch a new Brosnan spying film. It may boost his good career. I'm really looking forward to watching it.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Heavily looking forward to Brosnan's return to this genre: he has done way too many romantic comedies/dramas these past few years. I'm still awaiting a sequel to 'The Matador.'
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Oh, I like his romantic parts, yes indeed. But I miss him as a cool, calculating, and generally great spy - I hope he is not the bad guy in this one.
    Oh, I like his romantic parts, yes indeed. But I miss him as a cool, calculating, and generally great spy - I hope he is not the bad guy in this one.

A plot I read when it was first announced made him out to be the new guy, but with the newest link posted in this thread, it seems that he will be the good guy, going up against West's character. Time will tell, and I, too, hope he plays a good guy.

It just seems like all of Brosnan's romantic comedies that he has had lined up work fine, but he continuously gets attached to a new thriller or action-drama that doesn't work out. He had that one film 'The Coup' slated with Owen Wilson, and nothing ever came of it. 'The Topkapi Affair' never (and probably will continue to) saw the light of day, and now a new one called 'Last Man Out' is on his IMDB page, but there is nothing really going with it.
    He got some good reviews the The Ghostwriter, I think. I love him in drama, in spy, and in romantic comedies - I think he is quite versatile. I am excited for him to be in a spy film again, for sure.
    He got some good reviews the The Ghostwriter, I think. I love him in drama, in spy, and in romantic comedies - I think he is quite versatile. I am excited for him to be in a spy film again, for sure.

'The Ghost Writer' was quite entertaining, though he didn't have as much screen time as I had hoped. Any of his newer romantic films you would recommend? The latest things of his I've seen that I could consider romantic are 'Mamma Mia' and 'The Greatest,' and I suppose 'Remember Me,' though it doesn't focus on him.
    edited June 2013 Posts: 12,459
    I haven't yet seen The Greatest, but I heard he was really good in it. Mama Mia bugged me mainly due to Meryl looking like a .... I don't know what, she just looked bad. Unnecessarily. It was fluff and he gamely went along, as did the whole cast, in that silly film.

It is hard for me to rent all the movies I want to here in Japan. But I will keep trying.

His best, for me, have been: The Thomas Crown Affair, The Matador, and The Tailor of Panama ... yet I haven't seen all of his post Bond work. So my list is incomplete.

Man, how I wish the follow up to The Thomas Crown Affair had happened! I am sure he does, too; it was a great success.
    @4EverBonded, I believe I've seen 90% of his films, and your favorites of his have to be in my Top 5 or so. 'The Tailor of Panama' is pure genius to me, alongside the other two and 'The Matador.'

Same! It was rumored for a long while that he was going to do a sequel to TTCA with Angelina Jolie: 'The Topkapi Affair.' Alas, nothing ever came of it. I really wanted one, as well.
  • edited February 2014 Posts: 1,661
    PierceBrosnan_NOVEMBERMAN-resize.jpg

Move over, Craig, Brosnan is back in secret agent mode!

November Man is released later this year.
  • Seriously, at first sight I thought it was a videogame :P
  • edited February 2014 Posts: 1,661
    I thought I'd be a bit provocative with the title of this thread. :D That's a photo from Pierce Brosnan's forthcoming action film November Man.

"An ex-CIA operative (Brosnan) is brought back in on a very personal mission and finds himself pitted against his former pupil (G.I. Joe: Retaliation's Luke Bracey) in a deadly game involving high level CIA officials and the Russian president-elect."

Released later this year.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    edited February 2014 Posts: 45,489
    This could be a good film perhaps. It is already discussed extensively in the Pierce Brosnan appreciation and news thread, however.
    The thread title is misleading to say the least.
    We really don't need a thread for this considering this photo was posted 2 days ago:

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/3219/pierce-brosnan-appreciation-and-news/p10
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Yeah, for a moment there, some of us really took the title literally...

Despite the photo looking suspiciously like Brosnan's head on Craig's body, QOS era... I'ts definitely making me want to check this film out.
  • Ludovico wrote:

Gonna have to second that. Either way I don't expect this thread to get much traction. It really should be in the PB appreciation thread or photos thread.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    I'm currently reading Schism, the second book in the November Man series. This is going to be exciting.
    Ludovico wrote:

Gonna have to second that. Either way I don't expect this thread to get much traction. It really should be in the PB appreciation thread or photos thread.

Because of the specific nature of the.movie it.might deserve its own thread actually. I find it interesting that Brosnan post Bond career is sometimes built on Bond, just like his pre Bond career.
  • edited February 2014 Posts: 12,837
    Ludovico wrote:

If this thread gets closed then this one should too, as there's already a Craig appreciation thread

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/831/the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-2011/p4#Item_110
    Ludovico wrote:
    I find it interesting that Brosnan post Bond career is sometimes built on Bond, just like his pre Bond career.

I agree on his pre Bond career (only reason I'd ever heard of him was because he was linked to Bond), but post Bond I don't see how (apart from this film, where they're hyping it up as the Bond he wanted to be).

The Matador, Ghost Writer, Mama Mia, etc. If anything he's tried to distance himself from Bond since he left.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Sounds interesting. I will probably go to see this, but then I'm on a bit of a Brosnan kick at the moment.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Is that a belly bottom or is Brosnan pregnant? ;-)
  • This looks promising, I can't wait for a trailer and a release date!
  • Looks amazing. I feel like we are getting a Bond film this year too!
    Phew. I nearly burst into tears when I saw the headline to this thread. Long live Craig!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    QBranch wrote:
    Despite the photo looking suspiciously like Brosnan's head on Craig's body, QOS era... I'ts definitely making me want to check this film out.

He's stealing my taste in fashion! But I don't care. :p
    Ludovico wrote:

If this thread gets closed then this one should too, as there's already a Craig appreciation thread

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/831/the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-2011/p4#Item_110
    Ludovico wrote:
    I find it interesting that Brosnan post Bond career is sometimes built on Bond, just like his pre Bond career.

I agree on his pre Bond career (only reason I'd ever heard of him was because he was linked to Bond), but post Bond I don't see how (apart from this film, where they're hyping it up as the Bond he wanted to be).

The Matador, Ghost Writer, Mama Mia, etc. If anything he's tried to distance himself from Bond since he left.

That is why I said sometimes. He did also play the anti Bond though, like in The Tailor of Panama.