The November Man (2014) - Pierce Brosnan's return to the spy genre

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    How many episodes of True Detective are there, and how long are each? My friend has been quite adamant that I watch it and was curious.

Eight episodes and they're approximately 55 minutes (usually a little longer) each.

Cool. I will definitely have to check it out.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Post your thoughts in the 'True Detective' thread once you've watched it. I look forward to seeing what you think of it. To anyone else that has yet to see it and enjoys a slow burn character study with lots of mystery behind it, please check it out. I hope you're as addicted to it as @4EverBonded and I were.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited June 2014 Posts: 12,459
    Oh Brady, it is outstanding! And I rarely say that. I almost cannot come up with enough accolades. You know how you feel about Sherlock on BBC? Me, too. I have THAT level (different genre, but same intensity) of awe and pleasure while watching True Detective. So creative, brilliant, different, and with sublime acting. Hell, I would have voted for Matthew in every award category just from watching this show.

Important: DON'T read the True Detective thread yet! It is full of spoilers and not all of them are hidden, I think. Just go there after you have watched all the episodes/
    @4EverBonded, well said, that's how I am with 'True Detective': while I love 'Sherlock,' it didn't absorb me like this show did. I wanted to take a bit out of every little detail, bit of story progression, mystery, and clue, it was that good. Then, I wanted to do it all over again to follow along better and see what I missed. Now that I haven't seen it for a few weeks, I'm ready to rewatch it once more.
    I've been rewatching the last episode since I first saw it. So very, very satisfying.
    I'm still totally psyched for Sherlock, though. Those are my 2 favorites, on a higher plain than all the others for me.

P.S. I still can't wait for November Man! ;) (just realizing I've turned this into another True Detective thread!)
    Is it me or does Brosnan look like he should be in Game of Thrones when he's all bearded up in DAD?
    Or a western. He looks good with it. He just finished making a film about a French king and now that is a different look for him!
    Or a western. He looks good with it. He just finished making a film about a French king and now that is a different look for him!

Who, Brosnan? Check him out (bearded) in 'Seraphim Falls.'
    Yeah, I love his look in Seraphim Falls. :)
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Yeah, I love his look in Seraphim Falls. :)

And I love the flick too. So strange....
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I'll certainly have to make a point of seeing this when it opens in the cinemas for old times' sake.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    OMG

m-008nm04253rjpg-6e54d8.jpg
    edited July 2014 Posts: 40,492
    Wow, thank you for posting that. Brosnan is looking insanely cool as usual! I love that man. Notice the blood sprayed on the side of the car, along the window there.

Also, I noticed this thread was at the top of the page, but it gave me no new indicator for it.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Well, there's my new wallpaper.
    Murdock wrote: »

Same! I had your cool MI6 Community one up, but...it's Brosnan. ;-)
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Same! I had your cool MI6 Community one up, but...it's Brosnan. ;-)

Curses. Foiled again. :p
    edited July 2014 Posts: 17,691
    At the risk of making the NRA happy, I agree. :))

I really REALLY can't wait for this. Totally seeing it in the theatre before buying it on Blu Ray!!!
    Couldn't resist.
    bnZ0S3g.jpg
    Niiiiice.
    Thanks @chrisisall. :)
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Cool stuff, @Murdock. One little thing though
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Also this.

10301439_484390565027912_4257086784173082079_n.jpg
    Awesome pics, @Agent! Thanks for posting. :)>-
    Keep them coming! Many thanks for the pictures. I can't wait to see this. Wait...do we have a rating for this yet? I just checked IMDB (never reliable) and it says NR. I'm really hoping that it's R-rated.
    First look at Bond and Camille ;)
    the-november-man3.jpg
    1401913239000-M-071-NM-06954.JPG
    Where are all these beautiful new images coming from? I haven't seen them posted anywhere! I can't wait for this to finally release.
    I just googled The November Man and found some new pics. :)
    I'm not sure if this one has been posted, but it's channeling a little John Woo, which I like:

http://www.joblo.com/big-movie-images/november-man-jump-gun.JPG
    OMG

m-008nm04253rjpg-6e54d8.jpg

THAT is a very cool picture!
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    THAT is a very cool picture!
    I hate having my picture taken, but thanks!