The November Man (2014) - Pierce Brosnan's return to the spy genre

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Apart from the USA, only the Netherlands has a release date of 11 September according to IMDB.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I didn't even think about checking IMDB. I see it being between 'extremely limited' and 'wide release,' sort of like 'The Raid 2,' hopefully. Still, if that's the case, the film will probably play a few hours away from me, so I'll still end up missing it.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Drats! I may have to wait for the dvd. =((
    Drats! I may have to wait for the dvd. =((

You and I both, unfortunately. Of course, since it's fairly limited, it could always hit the Internet in proper quality very quickly, so time will tell. Only one month left!
    I want this movie to be succesful and if it has limited release that probably won't be the case :(
    dragonsky wrote: »
    I want this movie to be succesful and if it has limited release that probably won't be the case :(

It could do well enough during its limited run to warrant even more films. Like I posted earlier, if it's true: a sequel is already in the works, which says something.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Brosnan is playing the role of Deveraux (codenamed "November Man"), who is the main character of the books, so I guess the movie will be about him. I haven't read There are no spies yet, I'll let you know what it is about.
    New November Man trailer released today:

You guys are way more optimistic about this movie than me.
    I can only speak for myself, but I have extremely low expectations for this, so there's a pretty good chance that the film will end up surpassing them.
    Looks a different film to the one shown to us in the first trailer.

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Wait...is Brosnan the villain? I'm really confused.
    I purposefully didn't watch it earlier because I thought it was the old trailer re-uploaded. I didn't think I could be more excited for this, but I most certainly am.

@Murdock, no, he's not the villain. It looks like it is master vs. protege pit against one another, until the protege realizes he's actually working for the enemy. I figure they'll team up and work together in the end.
  • edited July 2014 Posts: 6,396
    @Murdock I think Brosnan is still very much the hero in the film but whereas the first trailer made it look like The Mechanic, this latest trailer makes it appear more in line with The Bourne Supremacy/Ultimatum with Brosnan being an ex-agent who is set up and hunted by sinister government forces.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited July 2014 Posts: 4,449
    There should be a 4th plot. The trailer give 3 plot's a way.

The movie screentime is confirmd as 108 minutes.

• edited July 2014 Posts: 1,661
    Looks good! Cool to see Brosnan back in a spy type adventure. :) The trailer does seem to reveal a lot - but this is common in most trailers. I read online the reason Brosnan's character is called The November Man is to do with the winter month of November. Dark and cold - reflecting the character's dark and cold job of being a CIA operative. One thing does puzzle me - should Brosnan's character speak with an American accent? I just assume most/all CIA members are American, not British!
    Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) is one of the principal intelligence-gathering agencies of the United States federal government.

Do they recruit non-Americans? :P
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I must say I think it rather looks good.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Very cool. As @WillyGalore said it looks a different film to the first trailer.
    I don't suppose a Bond vs Deveraux film could happen?

:D
    I have zero restraint. I must watch this trailer again.
    Brosnan could do with a hit.
    Brosnan could do with a hit
    dalton wrote: »
    New November Man trailer released today:

Looks fantastic and a definate visit to the cinema for me upon release!
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    It looks like it could be fun. Pierce has still got the leading man / action thing going on. Just. Though for how long. Is this his Taken ala Liam Neeson?
    The story looks simple enough, with plenty of action. I'd go see it in the cinema. Though could also wait for the dvd. For a couple of hours of no-brain power entertainment it looks fine.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    It does look watchable and I'll no doubt get around to seeing it at some point.
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    I don't think it'll win any Oscars and it does seem rather cliched in places, but I'd like to see it nonetheless.
    Tokoloshe wrote: »
    I don't think it'll win any Oscars and it does seem rather cliched in places, but I'd like to see it nonetheless.

That's not the primary goal of 99% of the movies released.

• WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    JWESTBROOK wrote: »
    Tokoloshe wrote: »

That's not the primary goal of 99% of the movies released.

Exactly.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Indeed. It looks kick ass and fun! And it has Brosnan looking cool and really, really great for his age. And Olga's in it. I'm just sorry that I will probably not have it available in theaters. But I will watch it as soon as I can, that is for sure.
    So going off of the forum, they surrendered the rating, leaving it 'unrated,' so it may end up going from a hard R rating to a PG-13...which I really, really, REALLY hope doesn't end up being the case.