The MI6 members announcement thread

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Talk to us, @barryt007 !
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Very very very very angry and f****ed off x getting pissed n watching QOS...

I've found QOS to be the perfect Bond film to watch when I'm in the foulest of moods. Gets it out of my system.
  • Quantum of Solace and Licence to Kill both do nicely in that regard. Might be the combination of more visceral violence and ruthless vengeance.
  • edited September 2018 Posts: 19,339

Having a bad day, @barryt007? If it makes you feel better, Sp*rs lost against Watford!

I had a great day wz Arsenal and Watford Torg !
    ToTheRight wrote: »

I've found QOS to be the perfect Bond film to watch when I'm in the foulest of moods. Gets it out of my system.

It’s just about working @ToTheRight I will have one more strong vodka n coke !

It’s nothing to do with my wifey n me we are fine ....all ok my buddies !
  • Based on what you’ve posted, I’d recommend leaving out the coke.

I may have to schedule an appoint with QoS, LTK, and beverage(s) of choice very soon myself.
  • edited September 2018 Posts: 17,272

Having a bad day, @barryt007? If it makes you feel better, Sp*rs lost against Watford!

Every time Sp*rs are themselves in the most Sp*rsy way, is a great day! Good timing with an Arsenal win on top of it!

Good! Enjoy QoS and the rest of the evening :-)
  • edited September 2018 Posts: 19,339

Every time Sp*rs are themselves in the most Sp*rsy way, is a great day! Good timing with an Arsenal win on top of it!

It’s a work n UK government thing Torg ,makes me wonder why Bond bothers !!
    I can’t even be left alone and have a great
    Sunday !!
    Birdleson wrote: »
    @barryt007 cracks me up.
    As PierceBond says “we aim to please”... I will just add “you cheeky git @Birdleson

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Tomorrow is another Day @barryt007
    The thing about QOS is I get pangs about losing my daughter when she was 14 (not my fault)n now just gone 20 wz her new dad I think x it was the last film I watched Bond wz her x but no regrets x just pangs x and this is isnt what has pissed me off n it’s not important
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Anything that emotionally effects any of us is important mate.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Sometimes a good night's sleep can help when you're feeling down.
  • Yeesh, sorry to hear that @barryt007. Hope the pangs pass soon. Better times always roll around eventually.

Thanks old pal but that was an aside comment about my daughter , it’s only a job thing ,that you don’t need to suddenly be a bloody saviour at 22:30 UK time to resolve on a Sunday re UK departure tax from Heathrow ,discussions,when told you wouldn’t be involved n my wife in the Philippines about to come home from her business trip !!

QOS and you lot have saved the day x I might only headbutt a door now x Bond entering the hotel x QOS climax !
    edited September 2018 Posts: 23,271

Thanks old pal but that was an aside comment about my daughter , it’s only a job thing ,that you don’t need to suddenly be a bloody saviour at 22:30 UK time to resolve on a Sunday re UK departure tax from Heathrow ,discussions,when told you wouldn’t be involved n my wife in the Philippines about to come home from her business trip !!

QOS and you lot have saved the day x I might only headbutt a door now x Bond entering the hotel x QOS climax !

I can understand why you are watching Quantum... it's no nonsense badass Bond and a good film to vent to. It's a film that when I watch it gives me focus
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

I can understand why you are watching Quantum... it's no nonsense badass Bond and a good film to vent to. It's a film that when I watch it gives me focus

Bond is the walking, textbook definition of cool and calculated in it, too. One of my favorites.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Bond is the walking, textbook definition of cool and calculated in it, too. One of my favorites.

Mine too I love DC first two films there was no melodrama that hampered the Mendes films.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Oh yeah. Wow, nostalgia creeping in here...
    @barryt007 There is always solace in Bond.

I thought earlier QoS is Carthartic which ultimately in the finale brings a sense of Solace to Bond.

It’s a work n UK government thing Torg ,makes me wonder why Bond bothers !!
    I can’t even be left alone and have a great
    Sunday !!

Hopefully next Sunday will be a more relaxing one!
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 19,339
    Ok lads and lasses ,it’s my 49th Birthday on Sunday and,as I have day off on Monday and the house to myself ,I thought I would treat myself to a Bond film made in a year ending in 9.

So I need your votes to choose one for me , let me know which one you think I should watch on Monday and the film that has the most votes wins by Monday morning !!

1969 OHMSS
    1979 MR
    1989 LTK
    1999 TWINE

Many thanks in advance !
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I say OHMSS.

Count me in for a 50th anniversary of the best Bond.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I say OHMSS.

Count me in for a 50th anniversary of the best Bond.

Me too. My personal favourite. The best made Bond film, bar none. :)
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Sod it, stick on Moonraker. It'll have you in stitches. ;)
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Happy Birthday (“old man”); I would normally go OHMSS, but since the Festive Season has ended, I say go for something with lots of sun, edginess, and blood: LTK....
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Sod it, stick on Moonraker. It'll have you in stitches. ;)

It was my favourite (of the ones I'd seen) when I was a child and I still have a great fondness for it in my heart! ;)
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    I vote for TWINE, because Brosnan is the best Bond.
    Ok so far :

OHMSS 3
    MR 1
    LTK 1
    TWINE 1
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    edited January 2019 Posts: 2,721
    I'm going to throw my hat onto the office hat-stand, Bond styles, and say...Moonraker.

Kick back and enjoy the beautiful music, cinematography, villain banter and Jaws flapping his arms in the wind...

Have the happiest of birthdays @barryt007
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited January 2019 Posts: 40,459
    I'd usually go with OHMSS out of all these, but since it's been on my mind here and there lately, I have to vote for TWINE, my second favorite of Brosnan's.