The MI6 members announcement thread

Comments

• JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    I recently changed jobs, it took some time and I had loads of ignored applications,
    short rejections etc, but in the end I got it. So Keep trying @JamesCraig I know
    things will work out for you

Thank you!
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited September 2019 Posts: 17,786
    I wish you the best of luck in your job hunting, @JamesCraig. That's not nice at all to have been fired, but please keep faith and something will come along I'm sure. I'm in a job (been in the same one for 13 years this month) and would like a change of occupation more suited to my education. I lose hope many times but all we can really do is to keep trying.
  • conradhankersconradhankers Underground
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    Thanks!

And indeed, @00Agent, it is just that...

Yesterday I saw a vacancy with a description that was almost a whole page...

oh man...if ive learnt anything, and it is a cliche, one door closes and another one opens. short-term pain but long-term it can be an exciting future. best of luck.
    ^:)^ thank you both.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    I recently changed jobs, it took some time and I had loads of ignored applications,
    short rejections etc, but in the end I got it. So Keep trying @JamesCraig I know

Me too. I was looking for over a year, and not even getting interviews, but I start my new job in 2 weeks' time! Hope you find yourself something much better, and soon, @JamesCraig .
    edited September 2019 Posts: 3,497
    Agent_99 wrote: »

Me too. I was looking for over a year, and not even getting interviews, but I start my new job in 2 weeks' time! Hope you find yourself something much better, and soon, @JamesCraig .

Good luck, and thanks!
    Thank you!
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    Not going to pust much for a while, I was fired a few weeks ago (together with one other colleague. Plus, they wanted to "demote" another, but she refused) and I'm now on a quest for a new job.

Wish me luck. :)>-

Best of luck on your search @JamesCraig !

Congrats and good luck as well @Agent_99
    Thanks, @MooseWithFleas! Looking forward to the change, though pretty nervous too.
    edited September 2019 Posts: 17,786
    Good luck with your new job, @Agent_99. I know you'll be a very worthy addition in your new workplace. :)
    Thank you, @Dragonpol! I'll try, as always, to keep the British end up.
    Thank you, @Dragonpol! I'll try, as always, to keep the British end up.

I would expect nothing less from you, plus that used to be the name of this forum in the old days (before I joined). :)
    Sando update if you're still with me. plans have moved on. we have a shop!! Bond Sando coming soon this Sat.

IMG-20190905-122108.jpg

IMG-20190905-122126.jpg

IMG-20190905-122134.jpg
    Not going to pust much for a while, I was fired a few weeks ago (together with one other colleague. Plus, they wanted to "demote" another, but she refused) and I'm now on a quest for a new job.

Wish me luck. :)>-

Best of luck on your search @JamesCraig !

Congrats and good luck as well @Agent_99

Thanks! ~O)
    Sando update if you're still with me. plans have moved on. we have a shop!! Bond Sando coming soon this Sat.

IMG-20190905-122108.jpg

IMG-20190905-122126.jpg

IMG-20190905-122134.jpg

That's great news, @conradhankers! Congratulations! I was just thinking about your sandwich venture today. I had another idea for a Bond sando. How about "The Sandor Sando"? :)
    Balancing commercial news and fan news. Apologies if I've ovestepped the mark. Hi guys, so good to be back. Just been busy busy busy. The business is now in it's second month proper, the shop didn't work out as half way through our build, we found out that the landlord was not an 'official' landlord and was more of a Sanchez with his money and businesses. So we pulled out. We are on the two main delivery apps and are looking at another place to set up in the city.

But the big thing is the Bond San Sando is ready, if you're in Bham, members can have one free during premier week of the NTTD. We're shooting it this week (said this before, but the shop got in the way) and I'll upload the images here. If you want one, just DM and I'll get it to you in Bham on the house.

Health wise, we are still going through treatment, it's a terrbile business but I'm more positive as the good lady is still here. And that's where the Bond San Sando comes in.

I'd love to get the Bond San Sando to any member of the production crew wink wink members and if you, the team, would honour me, we will name it the official MI6 Community Bond San Sando on our website and our marketing materials etc. It'll be fun and of course everything will be linked and tagged back to this great platform here.

Just an idea, plus every Bond San Sando we sell we will donate profits to the QE Hospital Cancer Charity. I'll await official DMs etc and if approved I'll put the right people together to make it all above board etc. Just let me know mods etc. The Cancer ward needs support, especially for the children whose waiting room needs to be invested in. My daughter spent hours looking at old copies of the radio times etc. I'll let the charity lead me on what they need. Looking forward to your reply. Either way we will do it unofficially as well and just call it The Bond San Sando and hope the EON agents don't get to us.

The Bond San Sando is a thing. At last.

PS. Do I buy the Dr.No Swatch or the CR Swatch, can't decide?
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Well done, @conradhankers . Best of luck for your buisness.
    Well done, @conradhankers . Best of luck for your buisness.

thank you and more power to you.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Good to hear you are making progress, and the best of luck to you.
    Œufs Cocotte with Smoked Salmon and Spinach in Japanese Shokupan Bread. That is th Bond San Sando.

I think Bond would approve of Egg and Salmon. Fingers crossed and Images up this week by Thursday.

100% in a better place. the chemo is baiscially the worst thing to put into your body, i don't agree with it and wanted to to go diet and a certain plant based oil direction but you can't take the risk. My daughter needs her mother around more than her father I would say. Endless dilemas but we just went with the chemo and radiothearpy...hope it works and keeps secondary cancer at bay.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

100% in a better place. the chemo is baiscially the worst thing to put into your body, i don't agree with it and wanted to to go diet and a certain plant based oil direction but you can't take the risk. My daughter needs her mother around more than her father I would say. Endless dilemas but we just went with the chemo and radiothearpy...hope it works and keeps secondary cancer at bay.

Tough choice. I cannot offer anything other than blessings, sympathy and good wishes.

Tough choice. I cannot offer anything other than blessings, sympathy and good wishes.

it's all good, it's a relief to type it out here. No judgments, no pressure, just kind words. Thank you my friend.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Good to hear that things are moving in the right direction, @conradhankers! Keep up the spirit, friend. You have my very best of wishes.
    edited March 2020 Posts: 3,497
    And here we are without a job again...

I was fired after only one month, because my boss didn't like me, after 4 days he already had his doubts.

Oh well, I hated the place.
    thank you @DarthDimi and @JamesCraig oh no, what industry are you in? And which city?
    edited March 2020 Posts: 3,497
    I worked in informatics in Brussels. :)
    @JamesCraig
    That's not good, mate. What are your plans for the moment? Informatics is hot so I'm sure you'll find a better job soon.
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    @JamesCraig
    That's not good, mate. What are your plans for the moment? Informatics is hot so I'm sure you'll find a better job soon.

Yeah but I'm mainly searching in the field of administration now...

We'll see.
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    @JamesCraig

Yeah but I'm mainly searching in the field of administration now...

We'll see.

In the region of Brussels?