The MI6 members announcement thread

Comments

• Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Wishing you and your wife all the best, @conradhankers! The Bond sandwich is such a great idea, maybe it should have its own thread?
  • conradhankersconradhankers Underground
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    New here, not many friends, if at all, but I'll share. Gave up my job to look after my lovely wife undergoing cancer treatment and out of the economic need I'm starting my own businesses.

One is going to be a handmade hankerchief business and one is going to be selling Japanese Sando (Sandwiches) in my home town.

And that's where I need your help. Bond has had two or three visits to Japan I believe and I'd love to do a Bond Sando. Meat or Veggie I don't mind but what I'd like is can you come up with some names for this Bond inspired Sando? This Sando will be 100% made and I'll credit the member on the website when it's sold.

Looking forward to your reply and thank you.

First of all, @conradhankers, I admire that you are willing to take good care of your wife to the point of giving up your job. It means you are a loving and dedicated husband. From the bottom of my heart, I hope she's making good progress. I also hope your businesses will supply you with what is needed and provide some professional satisfaction as well, of course.

I'm not a terribly creative person, but since the Japanese were the ones to nickname Bond "Mr Kiss Kiss Bang Bang", I believe, how about a "Kiss Kiss Ham Ham"? I bet a "Little Nellie" can be used for pretty much everything. A "Hollowed-Out Volcano" for a really spicey sandwich perhaps? :) I dunno... Like I said, not a very creative person. ;-)

That's very kind of you. Super appreciate it. Little Nellie is good. I'm a big fan of the YOLT Rooftop dock scene and the 2000GT so maybe do something around that. Keep thinking all ideas are good ideas.
    edited August 2019 Posts: 222
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    Wishing you and your wife all the best, @conradhankers! The Bond sandwich is such a great idea, maybe it should have its own thread?

Thank you and much appreciate it. I might be breaking the rules in terms of promoting business etc but I'll defo post the Sando pic here and I'll send it to a lucky UK member for a tasting if you're in London or Bham. I'm in the kitchen tomorrow and will start developing, need a name though, so please keep thinking. Kindest regards.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    It's really great what you're doing to support your wife, @conradhankers. I wish her a full recovery.

On the sandwich business idea: how about having one called 'Drax's Cucumber Sandwich'? I know it's not Japanese sounding but thought I'd mention it. :)
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    edited August 2019 Posts: 2,721
    'The Teriy-Aki' (in reference to the first Bond girl in YOLT)

'The Tiger Tanaka' sounds like a good name for a sandwich

'Bond San-do' (as Tiger always calls him Bond San)

'Bond San-do' (as Tiger always calls him Bond San)

ooooh Bond San-do is soooo good. Bond fans will love it. Ummmm. Torn now. I wanted a bit more of a mainstream name that your Gran will get. Very good though. Top man.
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    It's really great what you're doing to support your wife, @conradhankers. I wish her a full recovery.

On the sandwich business idea: how about having one called 'Drax's Cucumber Sandwich'? I know it's not Japanese sounding but thought I'd mention it. :)

I think we would all help our loved ones 100%. In the cancer ward I see children as young as four going through it, heart-breaking. They, like my good lady wife, are the true heroes, I'm just a support act really, trying to do what my wife does daily and keep the family unit together. My daughter has been a trooper.

The Drax I think will be a thing if I do a complete range with maybe Tuna. I'll keep you posted. And thank you again for the reply.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    As others have said @conradhankers full credit too you for supporting your wife of course. Thoughts to you both at this most difficult time. Wishing her a speedy recovery.
    I'm not a creative type. Maybe 'The Henderson' something part English part Japanese.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl

It does indeed! I picture it as having prawns in, for some reason.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited August 2019 Posts: 13,896
    Best wishes to you and your wife, @conradhankers.

Some ideas:

Sando business tagline: You think we better, huh?

The Sando: James Bond's Choice

Bond: "You know, I think a celebration's in order."
    Vesper: "You were almost dead an hour ago!"
    Bond: "Come on, I'm famished. My shout for Sandos."

Menu

Sand-O-Seven - for those with a licence to eat

Very Best Duck Sando - Why does it taste different from all other Sandos? Because of duck.

Ning Po - *points to belly* Fully laden here and *points to plate* empty here.

Sandor Sando - with spices from the Mediterranean
    4de58323c8e0e876595aa26ff94223ae.jpg
    Bond: "Where's my Sando?"
    Sandor: "..."
    Bond: "WHERE'S MY SANDO?"
    Sandor: "Stomach!"
    Oh, very good.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Hendersando
    latest?cb=20160217202653
    I get it from the doorman at the Russian Embassy.

I too wish you and your wife all the best, @conradhankers .
    edited August 2019 Posts: 17,787
    Bondo-sando is a variant you could use from the original YOLT novel where Tiger Tanaka calls 007 'Bondo-san'. I know that @Major_Boothroyd already mentioned the film version of the name above.
    Bondo-sando is a variant you could use from the original YOLT novel where Tiger Tanaka calls 007 'Bondo-san'. I know that @Major_Boothroyd already mentioned the film version of the name above.

thank you. The Bondo Sando - Bondo - San is gaining traction.
    edited August 2019 Posts: 17,787

thank you. The Bondo Sando - Bondo - San is gaining traction.

Good.

May I press you to a cucumber sandwich? :)
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Well today I start my first ever day of college. I had to wait until I was 24 so I could actually get enough financial aid to afford it. I’m nervous, but excited. I’ll be studying electronics systems technology. Looking forward to getting the Hell out of retail.
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 12,258
    Well today I start my first ever day of college. I had to wait until I was 24 so I could actually get enough financial aid to afford it. I’m nervous, but excited. I’ll be studying electronics systems technology. Looking forward to getting the Hell out of retail.

Best of luck! I had my first day of college today, though I’ve been going since 2016. Starting is always scary, but hopefully you’ll have good teachers and classmates. I know the struggles of financial aid for school; it can be really stressful to support it, but I’m hopeful in the long run it will benefit me and I will also escape retail. Hope your experience is awesome!
    FoxRox wrote: »

Best of luck! I had my first day of college today, though I’ve been going since 2016. Starting is always scary, but hopefully you’ll have good teachers and classmates. I know the struggles of financial aid for school; it can be really stressful to support it, but I’m hopeful in the long run it will benefit me and I will also escape retail. Hope your experience is awesome!
    Birdleson wrote: »

That's great. It's a shame that the cost has been so prohibitive.

Thanks for the support guys!
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Hope it all goes well @BMW_with_missiles take the leap and go for it. I'm sure you'll see the benefits in time to come.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Best of luck, @BMW_with_missiles! Have a great time. Remember, it's true what they say about college being the best time of your life. It really is. ;-) Go get 'em, mate!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

University were the best years of my life, I was 23 myself when started at college, all the best
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    All the best, @BMW_with_missiles. Looking forward to seeing your 750iL outfitted with optional electronics systems technology. Enjoy your time there, and don't forget to brush up on a little Danish. ;)
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Oh and @BMW_with_missiles, no-one likes a teacher's pet.

ac85210c-55e2-423a-abc1-6e64acba05e3.jpg
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    @conradhankers I bow to you for your support to your better half and undertaking. Go for it! I personally love the bondo-san and tery-aki ideas. I don't think mods would mind if you gave the adress here so British-based members could go for a sandwich.

@BMW_with_missiles and @FoxRox , have fun! For me Uni will start in September, but I'm doing my Master's parttime next to my job. College was a fantastic time, but calling it the best of my life... heck, when you've finished college, just keep on going! The sky's the limit!
    @CommanderRoss Thank you very much. Good luck and have fun to you too! I've certainly had some good times in my life through college, but I've also endured some of the absolute hardest stretches of it too for a couple personal reasons. I think the "best time of your life" can come at any given point for someone. No two people live the exact same life after all!
    Thanks everyone! My first day went very well so I’m looking forward to what’s coming.
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 19,339
    I start college today......aah no I don't,i'm 49 and 3/4....

1048553.jpg?display=1&htype=100000&type=responsive-gallery
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    barryt007 wrote: »

Age my dear friend, is just a number, and tells you nothing about what you're doing in your daily life. My mother started her PhD at 60+....

Age my dear friend, is just a number, and tells you nothing about what you're doing in your daily life. My mother started her PhD at 60+....

If only Rossy,I just don't have the time anymore,and Im too excited about NTTD !! ;)

If only Rossy,I just don't have the time anymore,and Im too excited about NTTD !! ;)

When you celebrate your 125th birthday, you'll remember my words. And think 'there were still 8 months to go until april 2020, why didn't I use them more wisely? '

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

A gentleman on the Major I took was doing his fourth degree, he was 88 years old