The MI6 members announcement thread

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    barryt007 wrote: »
    I have just found out that and seen the photos on FB (i didnt want to) that my little battle to win back my daughter is lost ,she is now 21 a few weeks ago,and dating some kind of posing bodybuilder ,seriously...that imo needs a man to kick the shit out of him.
    But my ex wife played a blinder 7 years ago along with her daughter,who I raised from 2 years to 17 years and cost me all my money as she had cancer in her leg ,Ewing’s Sarcoma when she was 15, @DarthDimi knows.
    Anyway i wont say anymore but i have lost my baby,and only my wee filipina sweetheart wifey,Vangie, and people like you lot, have kept the British end up,along with my escapism with our hero 007,against my half Irish side who would have taken this into his own hands.
    This is why you are so valued,think about it,and know what a team we are together as a unit .
    I love each and every one of you .
    (And I love Sir Roger too ,God bless him )

Hey Bazza, keep your chin up.
    We have something in common. Am full Irish, and my little girl who I only see at weekends, I will fight to the bitter end to be with her. She has cerbal palsy, in a wheelchair, and I would do anything for her. One of my favourite members on here, always read your posts, though we don't agree on everything Bondian, we share a passion for Cinemas greatest hero! Keep positive mate!

All my best wishes to you as well.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited July 2019 Posts: 17,799
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    I have just found out that and seen the photos on FB (i didnt want to) that my little battle to win back my daughter is lost ,she is now 21 a few weeks ago,and dating some kind of posing bodybuilder ,seriously...that imo needs a man to kick the shit out of him.
    But my ex wife played a blinder 7 years ago along with her daughter,who I raised from 2 years to 17 years and cost me all my money as she had cancer in her leg ,Ewing’s Sarcoma when she was 15, @DarthDimi knows.
    Anyway i wont say anymore but i have lost my baby,and only my wee filipina sweetheart wifey,Vangie, and people like you lot, have kept the British end up,along with my escapism with our hero 007,against my half Irish side who would have taken this into his own hands.
    This is why you are so valued,think about it,and know what a team we are together as a unit .

We will always be here for you buddy, and backing you all the way matey. Hold your head up high my friend as you have done nothing wrong.

We sure will. Barry is one of the selfless, truly good people in life. He's helped me out with things here too when I needed help. Hopefully everything will work out for the best for him in the end. I wish him all the very best for the future.
    Thank you so much my friends x overwhelming,and to have you lot for support boosts me 100% .
    I have already resigned myself to the situation and life goes on, I won’t waste it on the past and what can’t be fixed.
    Thanks so much ,no time for being morbid in 007’s world !!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @barryt007
    Damn, man. I'm feeling anger and sadness at the same time. But you have come out of this as the one with the most dignity. You were there for Jade when she needed you. You were the better person when the ex stabbed you in the back by moving on and staying yourself. You showed them and many of us what a fine bloke you are.
    Things are messed up and none of this is fair. There's no comfort in any of this. But you're a good man, a respected veteran and a great contributor. The way I know you, your ex and her daughter lost you, not the other way around.
    And you have what they'll never have: a true family. Welcome to MI6, my good friend.
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    @barryt007
    Damn, man. I'm feeling anger and sadness at the same time. But you have come out of this as the one with the most dignity. You were there for Jade when she needed you. You were the better person when the ex stabbed you in the back by moving on and staying yourself. You showed them and many of us what a fine bloke you are.
    Things are messed up and none of this is fair. There's no comfort in any of this. But you're a good man, a respected veteran and a great contributor. The way I know you, your ex and her daughter lost you, not the other way around.
    And you have what they'll never have: a true family. Welcome to MI6, my good friend.

You know what you say means so much to me, you and everyone here are so important in my life.
    You are all such lovely people and as DD @DarthDimi says - we are a family and to me it shows how the world can unite over a common love: 007 in our case.
    I have lost a daughter for sure now and no going back,along with a stepdaughter and most of my money ,but I have self respect and pride in saving her from cancer , What more can I do , and I have my Vangie now for 4 years now x I can never trust again after 15 years of marriage but she makes me laugh so much and I’m happy x btw I love the lot of you xxxx
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited October 2019 Posts: 2,541
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    @barryt007

You know what you say means so much to me, you and everyone here are so important in my life.
    You are all such lovely people and as DD @DarthDimi says - we are a family and to me it shows how the world can unite over a common love: 007 in our case.
    I have lost a daughter for sure now and no going back,along with a stepdaughter and most of my money ,but I have self respect and pride in saving her from cancer , What more can I do , and I have my Vangie now for 4 years now x I can never trust again after 15 years of marriage but she makes me laugh so much and I’m happy x btw I love the lot of you xxxx

Mathis1 wrote: »

Hey Bazza, keep your chin up.
    We have something in common. Am full Irish, and my little girl who I only see at weekends, I will fight to the bitter end to be with her. She has cerbal palsy, in a wheelchair, and I would do anything for her. One of my favourite members on here, always read your posts, though we don't agree on everything Bondian, we share a passion for Cinemas greatest hero! Keep positive mate!

All my best wishes to you as well.

Cheers Thunderfinger! Appreciate it.
    You're in my thoughts, @barryt007 . Sorry to hear you've been going through this. I never did have kids myself ( at least so far), but a few of my close relatives became estranged from their kids , and it always broke my heart to see them that way. Hopefully time will turn things around for you.
    Hang in there, and remember you've got a Bond community of friends here on your side.
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    You're in my thoughts, @barryt007 . Sorry to hear you've been going through this. I never did have kids myself ( at least so far), but a few of my close relatives became estranged from their kids , and it always broke my heart to see them that way. Hopefully time will turn things around for you.
    Hang in there, and remember you've got a Bond community of friends here on your side.

I’m used to it my friend,I’ve moved on,just had a wobble hearing what my daughter has done,and her ‘mother’ has let her.
    Thank you anyway,as always,you are a good good friend.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    I've got a new job!

I've been getting increasingly bored and frustrated in my current job for a long time now, and I'm looking forward to a change and a challenge (and slightly better pay).

My start date is September 16th, which is also my 42nd birthday. Interesting times!
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    I've got a new job!

I've been getting increasingly bored and frustrated in my current job for a long time now, and I'm looking forward to a change and a challenge (and slightly better pay).

My start date is September 16th, which is also my 42nd birthday. Interesting times!

It must be fate !!

Well done for taking your life by the horns and changing direction.
    And good luck,gal !!
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Barry, you've lost the battle. Maybe you haven't lost the war!
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    I've got a new job!

That's great news @Agent_99 - sounds like a needed change. I know you work in the book trade if I remember correctly? Are you in the same industry still?
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    That's awesome, @Agent_99, I hope it works out for you! \:D/

On the subject, I started a new job just last week, doing production work and driving the forklift. Not a dream job, but it's close to home, the people are great and there's a casual, 'work at your own pace' attitude. Best of all, the pay is amazing, so now I can finally buy real nice things. I'm looking at you, Bond25
    spear gun ;)
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited August 2019 Posts: 5,185
    Congratulations to both of you @QBranch and @Agent_99 there is definitly excitement and challenge that comes with a new job.
    In my case i have also relocated to another country just two month ago and it only just started to feel like i'm setteling in. Thankfully the company i work for is pretty nice.
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 19,339
    QBranch wrote: »
    That's awesome, @Agent_99, I hope it works out for you! \:D/

On the subject, I started a new job just last week, doing production work and driving the forklift. Not a dream job, but it's close to home, the people are great and there's a casual, 'work at your own pace' attitude. Best of all, the pay is amazing, so now I can finally buy real nice things. I'm looking at you, Bond25
    spear gun ;)

Forklift....but...but...you're Q !!!

Does it have a secret button that turns it into an invisible,inflatable,armour plated,champagne holding,flying car ?
    00Agent wrote: »
    Congratulations to both of you @QBranch and @Agent_99 there is definitly excitement and challenge that comes with a new job.
    In my case i have also relocated to another country just two month ago and it only just started to feel like i'm setteling in. Thankfully the company i work for is pretty nice.

From which countries did you leave/arrive ?

From Hamburg (TND) to Vienna (TLD) :)
    I just needed a change... i guess a slightly bigger one.
    Thanks, all! The new job is in the Civil Service. My boyfriend is already telling everyone I'm a spy.

Well remembered, @Major_Boothroyd - not the book trade as such (I write and edit website content) but I had an unsuccessful interview at a publisher last year.

And good stuff, @QBranch; a short commute and nice colleagues are what I look for in a job, too.
    Good luck, guys! A new job means a fresh start, new opportunities and the excitement of "settling in". I wish you the very best!

From Hamburg (TND) to Vienna (TLD) :)
    I just needed a change... i guess a slightly bigger one.

Very nice too !
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited August 2019 Posts: 13,924
    Thanks all!
    Forklift....but...but...you're Q !!!

Well how do you think I got the jet up there? ;)

48528353681_b1be5310c2_z.jpg

Does it have a secret button that turns it into an invisible,inflatable,armour plated,champagne holding,flying car ?
    Lol no, but it's an old forklift, so when I put my foot down it activates the smokescreen.

Thank you, mate. I really miss my last job from just a few weeks back, I had a blast working with mostly young women all day haha, but sadly the place is closing down due to lack of profit. That's life though, and I'm excited to see what this new phase will bring!

Congrats on moving to Vienna, that must be amazing! I bet you keep asking yourself whether it's real or just a dream. I take it you've been to Prater park? I have a postcard from there - the same one a certain blonde cellist bought there.
    edited August 2019 Posts: 5,185
    QBranch wrote: »
    Thank you, mate. I really miss my last job from just a few weeks back, I had a blast working with mostly young women all day haha, but sadly the place is closing down due to lack of profit. That's life though, and I'm excited to see what this new phase will bring!

I bet lol.
    Yeah i had a dream job in Hamburg too, traveling all around the world to Bond locations, but my company didn't make any money after a while (and me burning a ton of money for travel expenses probably didn't help either :-? )
    Congrats on moving to Vienna, that must be amazing! I bet you keep asking yourself whether it's real or just a dream. I take it you've been to Prater park? I have a postcard from there - the same one a certain blonde cellist bought there.

I still have moments where i walk outside the door and go like "oh damn, i'm in Vienna!?" Yeah it happens. The Opera house where the sniper scene was shot is in my neighbourhood, 3 minutes from my apartment. Crazy stuff.

I'll start working as a TLD travel guide, so if anyone is in town, just let me know :))
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Happy to hear of the positive news, all.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Congratulations on the new job @Agent_99
    I've got a new job!

Congratulations Agent_99! I wish you well on your new venture!! :-bd
    Many thanks for the good wishes, everyone!

@Birdleson, he likes Bond but he's not as into the whole thing as I am. Luckily he's OK with being dragged to Bond locations, on Bond-themed London walks, etc.
    Many thanks for the good wishes, everyone!

@Birdleson, he likes Bond but he's not as into the whole thing as I am. Luckily he's OK with being dragged to Bond locations, on Bond-themed London walks, etc.

Keep hold of him, sounds like a good one! :)) :-bd
    Ha! Yeah, I guess I'll keep him. (He also recently donated me a gold Corgi Aston Martin that belonged to his big brother when they were kids.)
  • conradhankersconradhankers Underground
    New here, not many friends, if at all, but I'll share. Gave up my job to look after my lovely wife undergoing cancer treatment and out of the economic need I'm starting my own businesses.

One is going to be a handmade hankerchief business and one is going to be selling Japanese Sando (Sandwiches) in my home town.

And that's where I need your help. Bond has had two or three visits to Japan I believe and I'd love to do a Bond Sando. Meat or Veggie I don't mind but what I'd like is can you come up with some names for this Bond inspired Sando? This Sando will be 100% made and I'll credit the member on the website when it's sold.

Looking forward to your reply and thank you.
    New here, not many friends, if at all, but I'll share. Gave up my job to look after my lovely wife undergoing cancer treatment and out of the economic need I'm starting my own businesses.

One is going to be a handmade hankerchief business and one is going to be selling Japanese Sando (Sandwiches) in my home town.

And that's where I need your help. Bond has had two or three visits to Japan I believe and I'd love to do a Bond Sando. Meat or Veggie I don't mind but what I'd like is can you come up with some names for this Bond inspired Sando? This Sando will be 100% made and I'll credit the member on the website when it's sold.

Looking forward to your reply and thank you.

First of all, @conradhankers, I admire that you are willing to take good care of your wife to the point of giving up your job. It means you are a loving and dedicated husband. From the bottom of my heart, I hope she's making good progress. I also hope your businesses will supply you with what is needed and provide some professional satisfaction as well, of course.

I'm not a terribly creative person, but since the Japanese were the ones to nickname Bond "Mr Kiss Kiss Bang Bang", I believe, how about a "Kiss Kiss Ham Ham"? I bet a "Little Nellie" can be used for pretty much everything. A "Hollowed-Out Volcano" for a really spicey sandwich perhaps? :) I dunno... Like I said, not a very creative person. ;-)