Feedback and Suggestions V2

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    mattjoes wrote: »
    mattjoes wrote: »
    Edit: well, I'd actually posted this twice, as a joke, but the second post vanished for some reason. :S
    The site must've rejected a Thomas Newman imitation.
    Top marks, Clark! :))
    Thank you, sir! :))
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Sorry, what was the original question?
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    QBranch wrote: »
    How come I can't access the 'Technical How-to Guide' on the left side. It says I don't have permission.
    I’ll check it out
    Cheers @NicNac, much appreciated.
    Bear with - I need to get through another World Cup game or two
    Cheers @NicNac, much appreciated.

The thread appears to be redundant, and although there is a link, the thread itself has been removed.

I don't know the reasoning at this stage, but it has gone. Is there anything specific you wanted to know? You can always PM a mod.
    edited July 2018 Posts: 13,879
    Hi mate, it's all good, I was just after the HTML code to change text colour, but I found it elsewhere, cheers.

e.g.

this text is red
    Good stuff

;)
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    edited July 2018 Posts: 1,400
    Site has been rendering like this for a week in Chrome and Firefox. Cleared cache, cookies, etc. Looks that way on my wife's Chrome as well.
    QvuXBtE.jpg
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Been switching back and forth between its normal format and whatever that is. Might be some maintenance.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited July 2018 Posts: 40,368
    Could definitely be maintenance; sometimes, on the most random occasions, I'll visit and get a virus warning of some sort. Happens once in 50-100 times, for some odd reason, then won't again for days or weeks at a time.

Hopefully the admins can get you squared away.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    That’s weird. I use Chrome on my laptop and I’ve never seen that.
    not extensions or adblock could be the cause either since it happens on multiple browsers and computing platforms. looked just now, no change.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Well, I have no idea how to add color or even search for the thread that would tell me. I would like color as I am colorful. Besides, then I could dazzle you with my purple prose. So where are the instructions for this, please? :)
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Purple prose. Funny.
    I check in every day with Firefox and haven't had any issues. I guess it just comes down to whether you're a lucky person or not.

To change the text colour, you can quote either my, or NicNac's post above if you like - but please be aware that I will charge you for the quote.
    Ok then, never mind. I give up.
    Ok then, never mind. I give up.

Hi. [ color=red] text [/color ]

I have left gaps after the first bracket and last bracket. Close those and the text will be the chosen colour.
    edited July 2018 Posts: 13,879
    And what's a Bond forum without the option to write with invisible ink?!
    And what's a Bond forum without the option to write with invisible ink?!

very good ;)
    Thanks, Nic. :)
    Thanks, Nic. :)

Now say it again in purple ;)
    all this is off topic and well and good, the fact remains the site is still (for me) borked. Just checked, still a mostly white page. Can this be fixed?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    =bg= wrote: »
    all this is off topic and well and good, the fact remains the site is still (for me) borked. Just checked, still a mostly white page. Can this be fixed?

Again, have you messaged an admin for assistance? Try @MI6, he should be able to get you squared away.
  • MI6MI6 Administrator
    =bg= wrote: »

Hi bg, thanks for letting us know. If you have any future challenges please say "hi" via https://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/support/ as the right people don't always look in the forums thread to resolve main site issues.

I've asked our technical guys to look at this and they've apparently traced a problem that could affect users intermittently.

Hopefully in the next day or so we will have you (and a few others no doubt!) back up and running.
  • MI6MI6 Administrator
    Hi mate, it's all good, I was just after the HTML code to change text colour, but I found it elsewhere, cheers.

e.g.

this text is red

@NicNac @QBranch about a year ago the forum software began supporting the more standard user-friendly BBCode that other boards do. We didn't need to teach our readers screens of HTML so someone on the team obviously removed the page from public.

Perhaps in the future we could rewrite a similar page that teaches the community BBCode!
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    I know this has been asked before but nothing has come of it, but wondered about a “Mark all as read” button? I struggle to get on during a work day so something like that would be handy to ensure I can keep up. Plus, I may not be on my own, there are some threads that I don’t generally read.

Just a thought anyway but I know other boards have these. Cheers.
    MI6 wrote: »

e.g.

this text is red

@NicNac @QBranch about a year ago the forum software began supporting the more standard user-friendly BBCode that other boards do. We didn't need to teach our readers screens of HTML so someone on the team obviously removed the page from public.

Perhaps in the future we could rewrite a similar page that teaches the community BBCode!

okey dokey
    Thank you, @MI6!