Feedback and Suggestions V2

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    One doesn t exclude the other.
  • Andi1996RueggAndi1996Ruegg Hello. It's me, Evelyn Tremble.
    Thank you @NicNac

It seems at least part of January 30th has disappeared. I was reading posts yesterday that are now definitely gone.
    Was going to reply to some of them and whoosh....gone.

Could be I accidentally pushed the red button at my desk....oops...sorry.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Am I crazy or are we missing a whole days worth of posts?

No, you're not crazy. We are missing a whole day of posts. I posted a new thread on tea yesterday. It's gone too. Must be some glitch on the system?
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    It's a bit troubling to see this happen. What I'm curious to know is if it was on account of human error or an automated flaw.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    It's a case of

burn-after-reading-grunge-rubber-stamp-vector-illustration_gg65476002.jpg

I'm sure you understand. ;)
    bondjames wrote: »
    It's a bit troubling to see this happen. What I'm curious to know is if it was on account of human error or an automated flaw.

It is indeed.
    If we can lose one day,what happens if a bigger version of the same thing arises and we end up losing weeks,months,everything ?
    edited January 2018 Posts: 17,727
    barryt007 wrote: »

It is indeed.
    If we can lose one day,what happens if a bigger version of the same thing arises and we end up losing weeks,months,everything ?

Sort of a repeat of March 2011? That was before my time here, but EEK!
    So all this isn't deliberate? The servers have experienced a malfunction?
    Beware the cloud folks.
    297.png
    Now it all makes sense!
    The Simpsons have regularly been ahead of the curve.
    pull_the_plug.jpg?x=1200&y=794
    :))
    297.png
    Now it all makes sense!

He thought it was a UFO. Simple as that!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Must've been a glitch hiccup of some sort. Why would we have wiped a majority of posts from yesterday out of the blue? Unless it was @Thunderfinger's doing, since he's Putin.
    I refuse to confirm that. Talk to Lavrov.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Must've been a glitch hiccup of some sort. Why would we have wiped a majority of posts from yesterday out of the blue? Unless it was @Thunderfinger's doing, since he's Putin.

I'm sure those pesky Russians had a hand in it somewhere.
    Let me tell you what really happened. I threw a party for all the mods involving a bag of drugs. They decided to make me a mod. Unfortunately I found every single post made during my first day at work offensive, so I deleted them.

I really thought they would appreciate my enthusiasm and keep me on the team for more than a couple hours. I consider the removal of my mod status enemy action. Prepare yourselves, western decadents.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Let me tell you what really happened. I threw a party for all the mods involving a bag of drugs. They decided to make me a mod. Unfortunately I found every single post made during my first day at work offensive, so I deleted them.

I really thought they would appreciate my enthusiasm and keep me on the team for more than a couple hours. I consider the removal of my mod status enemy action. Prepare yourselves, western decadents.

giphy.gif
    Dragonpol wrote: »

It is indeed.

What happened in 2011? Tell us more!
    I do hate when that happens. Tea sure is offensive!
    Posts have just appeared in this thread talking about Craig appearing on the Colbert show promoting Logan Lucky,but saying it was posted at 09:59/10:06 this morning ?!
    :D
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    mattjoes wrote: »
    Dragonpol wrote: »

It is indeed.

What happened in 2011? Tell us more!

That was the end of the original forum, Keeping the British End Up. I wasn't around, but from what I understand it was a sudden and unceremonious end.
    Why was the original one closed down?
  • MI6MI6 Administrator
    Sorry folks. Yep. We had to restore from last night's backup. Sadly there's only a limit to the number of backups you can take and daily is it! Best case restore from a worst case scenario.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Why was the original one closed down?

I've always wondered that too. The only clue I have is that the original url for KTBEU, mi6forums.com, now redirects to CommanderBond.net. However, if you search the old url in the Internet Wayback Machine, you can see an archive of the old site.
    Again, for the first time since I don t remember when, the name of @ClarkDevlin shows up in my text while typing, completely random. This was often a problem a while ago as well. What is up with that?
    Again, for the first time since I don t remember when, the name of @ClarkDevlin shows up in my text while typing, completely random. This was often a problem a while ago as well. What is up with that?
    The forum loves me.

I know. It should be @Dragonpol that appears when everyone goes to type something on here. That's what I paid for. I'll have to have a chat with my PR man. This is definitely not on!
    You are Putin us on.