Feedback and Suggestions V2

Comments

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    mattjoes wrote: »
    Can someone tell me how the hell they got into our system?!

I suspect that they are either ex-Quantum or SPECTRE agents.
    SHHHH.

SMERSHHHH!

I did not dare to speak their name.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Yikes, this took on a life of its own. It appears that only @jake24 was aware I was having a little late April Fool's day fun, and was a good enough sport to even play along and make it seem like the mods had edited his post for speaking out. A nice touch.

I honestly didn't think anything about any of this would fool anyone, as the first image with the alert box is garishly edited to appear genuine but has an overall fake look. I think I did a better job faking a conversation with Benny, so maybe that was what stumped some.

To let this thing rest, and to save the mods some hair-pulling or confusion, there's no conspiracy and Benny and I never talked, it was all just a little prank that got out of hand. And @Thunderfinger is not in any danger (I just quoted him, to prove it ;) ) and is still here. Whether you treat the latter fact as a positive or negative is entirely up to you. ;)

Apologies.
    Gosh, I had no idea it was a hoax!
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Yikes, this took on a life of its own. It appears that only @jake24 was aware I was having a little late April Fool's day fun, and was a good enough sport to even play along and make it seem like the mods had edited his post for speaking out. A nice touch.

I honestly didn't think anything about any of this would fool anyone, as the first image with the alert box is garishly edited to appear genuine but has an overall fake look. I think I did a better job faking a conversation with Benny, so maybe that was what stumped some.

To let this thing rest, and to save the mods some hair-pulling or confusion, there's no conspiracy and Benny and I never talked, it was all just a little prank that got out of hand. And @Thunderfinger is not in any danger (I just quoted him, to prove it ;) ) and is still here. Whether you treat the latter fact as a positive or negative is entirely up to you. ;)

Apologies.

Damn, what did they threaten you with to make you write this??
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    ...or is it? I suspect a coverup is possible.
    ...or is it? I suspect a coverup is possible.

Yeah, maybe they-- THERE IS NO COVERUP, EVERYTHING IS ALRIGHT
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    This sounds like Roswell all over again. ;-)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    mattjoes wrote: »

Apologies.

Damn, what did they threaten you with to make you write this??

We've reached one of the main stages of a conspiracy: the hypothesis of the cover-up.

I wonder where the UFOs and aliens will come into play, or old Squatch too.
    edited September 2017 Posts: 17,808
    Maybe a ghost is responsible? Ghosts in the machine as it were.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Well to be fair we knew it was a hoax, we just hadn't figured who was responsible. Until yesterday when it became apparent.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    People really are too gullible. Which is great for some.
    I for one am in awe of the mind/minds that executed such a marvelous hoax.
    Bravo !!!! Reminds me of another famous hoax, a certain radio broadcast....
    WELLES.jpg
    NicNac wrote: »
    Well to be fair we knew it was a hoax, we just hadn't figured who was responsible. Until yesterday when it became apparent.

Well, happy to hear it was obvious to some. On the second count, however, how could the hoaxer be anyone but the person that posted the screencaps of the images?

I'm utterly offended that I appear to be too trustworthy to even be considered a worthwhile suspect on first glance. I wouldn't have even made it into the damn police line-up, by the sound of it.
    Licence to hoax, you could say.
    Licence to hoax, you could say.

It was a sasquatch who gave me the idea.

I shouldn't have said that...
    Just a shame @Benny got the backlash from it,it seems....so much so that he is going on hiatus for a while.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Just a shame @Benny got the backlash from it,it seems....so much so that he is going on hiatus for a while.

Yes, that is very unfortunate.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    @Benny, mate, don't let the idiocy of people online put you off! Anyway, good luck with the stress at work and home. Remember, it can't be all that important if there's no lives lost if you make a mistake. If there are, keep calm and do your job, we trust in you!

@0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 it goes to show your talents are greater then you'd expect. I must say I found it a funny prank, executed very well! But as you can see, a bit too well..
    @BradyMOBondfanatic is a Visionary ....
    ..... Like me. ;-)
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Brady THINK ON YOUR SINS , but seriously you might want to apologise to the Benster .
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited September 2017 Posts: 10,588
    Mrcoggins wrote: »
    Brady THINK ON YOUR SINS , but seriously you might want to apologise to the Benster .
    Why should Brady apologize? The people who fell for what was obviously a joke should be the ones apologizing to Benny as they're the ones who made him feel guilty.

Have done, a few times now. That's what PMs are for.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited September 2017 Posts: 23,883
    jake24 wrote: »
    Why should Brady apologize? The people who fell for what was obviously a joke should be the ones apologizing to Benny as they're the ones who made him feel guilty.
    Perhaps the issue here is that it actually wasn't obvious. When I went back over the whole thing after reading about it I certainly found it reasonably credible, and I used to be an auditor. Credible in the sense that it looked like the system had been hacked by an outsider who was posing as a mod, rather than that the mod was communicating in that manner. I still thought it was a joke, but a darn good one.

Bottom line, best not to involve Mods going forward in pranks. That's the lesson I would take from it.
    I took it at face value, didn't think it was a prank. It was a damn good one though.
    bondjames wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »
    Bottom line, best not to involve Mods going forward in pranks. That's the lesson I would take from it.

Yeah.
    Rest assured, the relevant parties have and will be dealing with the aftermath of the situation in the days/weeks to come. Any lessons to learn have been learnt, so no further coddling is needed, nor suggestions about how to go ahead. All is clear, and things will be dealt with amongst those it actually concerns, and this time not in a public manner.

I killed the horse in the first place, so I and others should feel empowered to quit flogging it.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    1e496bff363cded15a94ca971684e33e--comic-strips-fun-stuff.jpg
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Can a search option be made available for subject title text only?
    That could allow targeted and quicker verification for whether a "new" subject already exists. And finding a discussion of interest that's drifted to pages past.
    Can a search option be made available for subject title text only?
    That could allow targeted and quicker verification for whether a "new" subject already exists. And finding a discussion of interest that's drifted to pages past.

@RichardTheBruce, the general rule of thumb for searching for threads (and honestly the easiest way) is to go to Google and search for "mi6 community" followed by the general title of the thread you are looking for, including some keywords you'd expect to find in the thread to narrow the search.

The search function here isn't advanced enough to search that much, and usually only keeps track of how recently certain searched words have been typed by posters.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @RichardTheBruce

What almost always works is to google "mi6community + X" with X the topic you're searching for. Say you want to find threads about Roger Moore. You can first google "mi6community + Roger Moore" and then for example "mi6community + RM". This will give you most if not all of the threads about Roger practically immediately.

Hope that helps. :)
    I felt you telepathically having the same thoughts as me there, @DarthDimi.