Feedback and Suggestions V2

Comments

The Dr loves to dominate a tool....
  • edited May 2017 Posts: 19,339
    Yep....Will,the English pirate,as is Jack Sparrow,but you know what i mean.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I dominate the whole internet.

Back on topic, please.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I dominate the whole internet.

Back on topic, please.
    Big Brother's Finger. ;)
    The reason why @Dragonpol changes to the same avatar four times in a row, is that it always says "the file failed to upload". But it really doesn t.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    The reason why @Dragonpol changes to the same avatar four times in a row, is that it always says "the file failed to upload". But it really doesn t.

Yes, I thought that it was just me! It doesn't attach the picture file to the Upload box for some reason!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Dragonpol wrote: »

Yes, I thought that it was just me! It doesn't attach the picture file to the Upload box for some reason!

Could the image size be too large?

Could the image size be too large?

No, it just doesn't add it in first time around. It's my current man and cat one. Then on the second attempt to upload it, it works just fine. Think I'm stick with my most famous avatar now anyway.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @Dragonpol, that's always been my favorite one. It reminds me of a bizarro Blofeld with a full set of hair and a black cat instead of a white one. A sort of alternate reality Ernst from a universe where he never had hair troubles or got a nasty scar. ;)
    @Dragonpol, that's always been my favorite one. It reminds me of a bizarro Blofeld with a full set of hair and a black cat instead of a white one. A sort of alternate reality Ernst from a universe where he never had hair troubles or got a nasty scar. ;)

Yes, I think it's the most "me" of the lot which is why I always return to it in the end as my default avatar position. It kind of looks like me a bit in real life too, plus it's kind of how I visualise Gardner's David Dragonpol, my namesake, only he had (like the literary Felix Leiter) straw coloured hair in Never Send Flowers (1993). It's actually from the cover art of a German novel of the 1920s.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited May 2017 Posts: 15,423
    By the way. Whatever happened to the MI6 Instagram page?
    I am impressed with how you mods keep calm, level headed and on topic all the time with all these idiots posting regularly. What is the secret?

Drugs? Or do you moditate daily?
  • They organize. They have a department to cover "Thunderfinger" and a department for "Various." ;)
    That makes Some_Kind_Of_Sense.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Is anybody else getting logged out randomly? It keeps happening when it hit the back arrow on my iPhone; not every time, but frequently.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Is anybody else getting logged out randomly? It keeps happening when it hit the back arrow on my iPhone; not every time, but frequently.
    Happens to me a couple times a month.
    By the way. Whatever happened to the MI6 Instagram page?
    I'm also curious about this.
    I'm still not getting emojis....any idea when they are coming back ?
    barryt007 wrote: »

They all still work, you just have to have their keystrokes committed to memory. ;)
    barryt007 wrote: »

They all still work, you just have to have their keystrokes committed to memory. ;)

thats me buggered ,i only know about 3 hahaha !!
    jake24 wrote: »
    Happens to me a couple times a month.

That's strange. It just started today for me and it keeps happening.
    I randomly stumble on a emoji :))
    edited May 2017 Posts: 3,000

I think I made a new one. 007-""

Ah, good one there!

Ah, good one there!

Thanks! I just wish there was a way to force the quotation marks to appear above the dash so there was no gap. With all the tech we have, it's strange the things that you can't make text do.
    Why is it that every time I log in, my number of "visits" goes up with four?

Also, I don t have 325 discussions. 324 tops, and most of those glorious topics have been censored by the government.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    'Coz you are four times the user dear @Thunderfinger
    I never thought of that, humble as I am, but it makes sense. Thanks.
    Hope I'm in the right place. Sometimes I check the forum while logged out and there is no way to get straight away to the last post of a discussion, as far as I can tell. I'd like to suggest that, if possible, such a link was added for the benefit of those of us who lurk in the shadows from time to time.
    mattjoes wrote: »
    Hope I'm in the right place. Sometimes I check the forum while logged out and there is no way to get straight away to the last post of a discussion, as far as I can tell. I'd like to suggest that, if possible, such a link was added for the benefit of those of us who lurk in the shadows from time to time.

Well, I think that'd be hard to work around. The only way the site would know you'd read all the recent posts in a thread is if you were active on your account, and without that account active while offline it has no way of tracking what threads you view to bump you to the last page every time. The only way around it would be for every thread to take you to the last page available no matter what, but that makes no sense because some people who don't visit threads daily should be able to catch up on what they've missed in the last few pages before being put on the last page, losing a sense of what the last thing was that they'd read.

It's easy to go on a thread, scroll down and travel to the last page number available (which is always listed), and that gets you what you want with seconds of work.
    edited July 2017 Posts: 17,816
    I never thought of that, humble as I am, but it makes sense. Thanks.

If you flag a topic as spam etc. that actually counts as a discussion under the forum software.

Don't know about the other issue.