Feedback and Suggestions V2

Comments

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited July 2018 Posts: 17,792
    I've long felt that @MI6 is MI6! :)
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    If @QBranch is Q does that make me R? ;)
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    QBranch wrote: »

It all make sense now!
    tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Murdock wrote: »

It all make sense now!
    orig

His anguished face and overdramatic gestures are priceless!
    mattjoes wrote: »
    Murdock wrote: »

It all make sense now!
    orig

His anguished face and overdramatic gestures are priceless!

It's one of my all time favorite gifs. :))
    Birdleson wrote: »
    If we're MI6, then you're my Moneypenny @Dragonpol .

As long as I'm the Lois Maxwell iteration I'm fine with that. ;)
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Birdleson wrote: »
    If we're MI6, then you're my Moneypenny @Dragonpol .

As long as I'm the Lois Maxwell iteration I'm fine with that. ;)

On yoghurt and lemon juice ? I can hardly wait !
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I updated from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 and the double-triple-quadruple post/quote troubles are rarely there now.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Something I just noticed about linking photos:
    After being burned by Photobucket starting to charge for image sharing, I switched to Imgur to post my own photos to this site, but since their recent update there's a few issues. They've made copying the proper link for embedding here difficult; clicking "copy" or "embed" doesn't work, you must right click the actual image and "copy image address". There is also no longer a way to select image size when copying the link. Imgur has a nasty habit of posting images in massive size on this site unless you select otherwise, and that option is gone. I now recommend Pinterest for image hosting.
    I used to link from Photobucket, but it turned out to be crap, and there are too many restrictions. The site makes it difficult for me to save other people's images to my computer. I can't just drag the image straight into my folder, I have to open photoshop and drag it into there, then save manually. Now imagine wanting to save several photos...

I currently use Flickr - had no problems with it so far, and I can link different sizes.
    I used to link from Photobucket, but it turned out to be crap, and there are too many restrictions. The site makes it difficult for me to save other people's images to my computer. I can't just drag the image straight into my folder, I have to open photoshop and drag it into there, then save manually. Now imagine wanting to save several photos...

I currently use Flickr - had no problems with it so far, and I can link different sizes.

Hmm...I'll have to give Flickr a shot.
    And give the others the flick?
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    Will this website get a night mode choice?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

That's a fantastic idea, wouldn't mind seeing that myself. I wonder how easy (or hard) it'd be to create and implement. I know I spend many a late night on here so a Night Mode would be more than appreciated.
    What is a night mode chaps ?
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I think it changes the colours to be easier on the eyes at night time.
    Yes, it's just a switch of the base colors, so the background would be black and the text would be white, or a different lighter color. Makes it easier on the eyes when scrolling around in the dark, versus having a beaming white background at all times.
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    Creasy47 wrote: »

That's a fantastic idea, wouldn't mind seeing that myself. I wonder how easy (or hard) it'd be to create and implement. I know I spend many a late night on here so a Night Mode would be more than appreciated.

Yeah, it's excessively bright during the night. Been using the night mode feature on almost all sites that offer it and I find myself spending more time on them too. Was just an idea.
    That's a great idea,shouldnt be too difficult to implement ?
    A little mock-up I made of night mode for the mobile version of our site:
    69ab0528c7774772fb456276cfdc93ad.jpg
    Much better !!
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Much better !!

I think CBn used to have this mode, on the old site, back when I was a member. You could change it from black to white I seem to recall.
  • JeffreyJeffrey The Netherlands
    It's one thing to change some colors with a CSS stylesheet, there are also a couple of icons on this site (like the account-icons) that would have to be created to be applicable to a dark background. And then of course the option for users to switch theme's needs to be added.

I don't know on which system this message board runs, but whether it's easy or quick to implement, heavily depends on stuff like that.
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    an improvement on the search engine would be nice. I find a story, I search to see if it's been posted, results are negative, so then I post it and the same mod immediately closes the thread since there is already a thread about the subject. Not the same story, mind you, but the same general subject. I'm sorry, but I don't have comprehensive knowledge of all threads here. Makes one not want to post any longer, knowing someone is just waiting to nail it.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    =bg= wrote: »
    an improvement on the search engine would be nice. I find a story, I search to see if it's been posted, results are negative, so then I post it and the same mod immediately closes the thread since there is already a thread about the subject. Not the same story, mind you, but the same general subject. I'm sorry, but I don't have comprehensive knowledge of all threads here. Makes one not want to post any longer, knowing someone is just waiting to nail it.

I know, you just can't trust some of these search engines. I recommend you use Google. Try typing this (without the quotes): "site:www.mi6community.com [your search]".
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Night mode would be appreciated, yes.
    Since my last Windows update my computer drives me mad by auto-correcting a lot of first letters into capital letters. It happens only on this site. I think it has happened to me before, but I can´t remember how I solved it. Can anyone help me please?
    edited September 2018 Posts: 40,461

I have noticed you posting a good bit of duplicate threads over the years so I always surmised you must have some issues with searching for threads. All you need to do (and I'd love to have this stickied somewhere) is just Google search a particular bit of the thread you want to make plus MI6Community, and you should find any threads that exist.

So if I want to do a thread on, for example, the Oscars the Bond movies have won, I'd check by Googling 'James Bond movie Oscar awards MI6Community' or 'Bond Oscar awards MI6community'. Usually by that point, if I've received no hits, then it's fair to assume no thread exists.

Hope this helps.
  • JeffreyJeffrey The Netherlands
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I have noticed you posting a good bit of duplicate threads over the years so I always surmised you must have some issues with searching for threads. All you need to do (and I'd love to have this stickied somewhere) is just Google search a particular bit of the thread you want to make plus MI6Community, and you should find any threads that exist.

So if I want to do a thread on, for example, the Oscars the Bond movies have won, I'd check by Googling 'James Bond movie Oscar awards MI6Community' or 'Bond Oscar awards MI6community'. Usually by that point, if I've received no hits, then it's fair to assume no thread exists.

Hope this helps.

You can go one step further and limit the results to one specific site, to do this Google: 'site:mi6community.com your search term'