Feedback and Suggestions V2

Comments

• NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    =bg= wrote: »
    an improvement on the search engine would be nice. I find a story, I search to see if it's been posted, results are negative, so then I post it and the same mod immediately closes the thread since there is already a thread about the subject. Not the same story, mind you, but the same general subject. I'm sorry, but I don't have comprehensive knowledge of all threads here. Makes one not want to post any longer, knowing someone is just waiting to nail it.

I have noticed you posting a good bit of duplicate threads over the years so I always surmised you must have some issues with searching for threads. All you need to do (and I'd love to have this stickied somewhere) is just Google search a particular bit of the thread you want to make plus MI6Community, and you should find any threads that exist.

So if I want to do a thread on, for example, the Oscars the Bond movies have won, I'd check by Googling 'James Bond movie Oscar awards MI6Community' or 'Bond Oscar awards MI6community'. Usually by that point, if I've received no hits, then it's fair to assume no thread exists.

Hope this helps.

We can sticky certain threads.
    NicNac wrote: »
    an improvement on the search engine would be nice. I find a story, I search to see if it's been posted, results are negative, so then I post it and the same mod immediately closes the thread since there is already a thread about the subject. Not the same story, mind you, but the same general subject. I'm sorry, but I don't have comprehensive knowledge of all threads here. Makes one not want to post any longer, knowing someone is just waiting to nail it.

I have noticed you posting a good bit of duplicate threads over the years so I always surmised you must have some issues with searching for threads. All you need to do (and I'd love to have this stickied somewhere) is just Google search a particular bit of the thread you want to make plus MI6Community, and you should find any threads that exist.

So if I want to do a thread on, for example, the Oscars the Bond movies have won, I'd check by Googling 'James Bond movie Oscar awards MI6Community' or 'Bond Oscar awards MI6community'. Usually by that point, if I've received no hits, then it's fair to assume no thread exists.

Hope this helps.

Kinky.....
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Jeffrey, even better option, thank you.

@NicNac, I think about doing it for this anytime it's mentioned, but considering it's only an issue at rare moments, I never pull the trigger. Good to have it brought up again, anyway.

@barryt007, we aim to please!
    barryt007 wrote: »

Hope this helps.

Kinky.....

It’s not me, it’s Creasy. He’s the weird one.

Hope this helps.

Kinky.....

I did wonder about that over the years,thanks for the heads up ,Nackers. ;)

Hope this helps.

Kinky.....

When Nackers is right, he's right.

Hope this helps.

Kinky.....

But I do want it on record that my impersonation of a teapot absolutely thrashed Creasy into second place at the MI6 Mod Christmas party (2016). Talent is a blessing

Hope this helps.

Kinky.....

But I do want it on record that my impersonation of a teapot absolutely thrashed Creasy into second place at the MI6 Mod Christmas party (2016). Talent is a blessing

Well I would like a wildcard invitation to that this year , I deserve it after saving KTBEU’s threads back in 2011 in my massive transfer marathon panic before we lost the site.

A bloody Kara, I mean bloody Mary at least !
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible

Hope this helps.

Kinky.....

Kinky47, then? ;)
    mattjoes wrote: »

Hope this helps.

Kinky.....

Kinky47, then? ;)

I can work with this. I'll wear the title with honor and glee.

Hope this helps.

Kinky.....

Kinky47, then? ;)

Honour.......not honor....its James Bond not Jimmy Bond Creasy he he he ..

Hope this helps.

Kinky.....

Kinky47, then? ;)

Consider me Leiter then, I'll leave the Bond role (and the extra letters) to you boys across the pond!
  • edited September 2018 Posts: 19,339

Hope this helps.

Kinky.....

Kinky47, then? ;)

Consider me Leiter then, I'll leave the Bond role (and the extra letters) to you boys across the pond!

Hahaha..touche...well played Creasy,i would expect no less from you !
    edited September 2018 Posts: 40,459

Hope this helps.

Kinky.....

Kinky47, then? ;)

Hahaha..touche...well played Creasy,i would expect no less from you !

Same to you, good sir! Always nice getting to talk with you.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Is the site undergoing maintenance right now? As of 20 minutes ago I've been experiencing a hard slow down.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    From the East Coast US, me too.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    I had that too. Although, last load was loads better.
    No maintenance as far as I know, but keep us updated on any issues.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Everything is working normal now.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Must have been the Wind.
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Must have been the Wind.

Indeed...that curry had loads of chickpeas and lentils in it...phooarr.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Must have been the Wind.

Well I hope you put a toilet roll in the fridge. ;)
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Must have been the Wind.

Well, we know where his dinner went.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    This topic of conversation is indeed of a very rare breed... it definitely stinks.
  • jetsetwilly007jetsetwilly007 Petersfield
    I’ve been trying these past few months to login as I normally do with Facebook which doesn’t work anymore. My login is jetsetwilly

I’ve had to create a new login just to let you know it isn’t working

Please can you fix it so I can log back in again

Thanks
    I will refer it on for you jetset. Hopefully someone will get back to you from the admin team.
  • jetsetwilly007jetsetwilly007 Petersfield
    I will refer it on for you jetset. Hopefully someone will get back to you from the admin team.

Thanks Nic
    Is there any way that a poll attachment could be added to the site ?

I find it spices things up and you can learn a lot from them as members vote .

Just curious.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.

Just curious.

I would like that as well. You could use Pollmaker as I have for my “MI6 Community Statistics” thread, but not having each vote attached to a member logon here led to fraudulent voting as I discussed in said thread.
  • edited November 2018 Posts: 19,339

Just curious.

I would like that as well. You could use Pollmaker as I have for my “MI6 Community Statistics” thread, but not having each vote attached to a member logon here led to fraudulent voting as I discussed in said thread.

That's a shame,as there are a lot of conversations on here from members with different viewpoint, that a poll could make it interesting to see the opinions properly,and also from members who don't like to converse and just read the forum,gives them a chance to contribute.