The Horror Thread II: The Return

Comments

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    I hope Danielle will be in it. They practically promised she would be at the end of VC.

Yeah, it looks like it would take more than impaling her on a tree branch to put her down.

Indeed. :)

I know it's all sugar with more syrup poured over it, but whenever our stalker-killer receives his own personal hero-nemesis, I'm game. :p Like Andy in the Chucky films? (Although Andy may very well be the only thing I didn't like about Cult.)

Especially if that nemesis just happens to look like Danielle Harris. ;)

Danielle-Harris4.jpg?resize=210%2C294
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Look, I've had a crush on her since childhood me saw her as Jamie in Halloween 4. She's my age so it was allowed. ;-)
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Look, I've had a crush on her since childhood me saw her as Jamie in Halloween 4. She's my age so it was allowed. ;-)

Ok, that reminds me of something I stumbled across on youtube. Now, I'm going to put a disclaimer with this.

If you ever want to watch Halloween 4 & 5 again, DON'T watch, otherwise, go ahead.

This was weirdly arousing. :D
  • Any ideas why Suspiria is being released just after Halloween??
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    mondo-suspiria.jpeg?resize=768%2C1152&ssl=1
    edited September 2018 Posts: 40,470

First look from the Child's Play remake:

chucky-new.png?resize=768%2C1134&ssl=1
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    chucky-new.png?resize=768%2C1134&ssl=1

Oh god... what is that? More to the point, why is this even happening, especially when the latest two have been the best in the series (imo).
    It's the laziest, slightest tweak of the original model, but it looks much more "safe" and non-threatening now. Couple that with the doll not being voiced by Brad Dourif and I'm not expecting much with this at all.
    It's the laziest, slightest tweak of the original model, but it looks much more "safe" and non-threatening now. Couple that with the doll not being voiced by Brad Dourif and I'm not expecting much with this at all.

While they are at it, they better remove the knife, because knives in horror films = death, and death might upset people. I hope the remake sinks without trace.
    edited September 2018 Posts: 40,470
    I will have to applaud it if they don't go the cheap CGI route for Chucky, but I'm not optimistic. Even if they do, I'm really not expecting anything special - I figure I'll have to see it eventually out of morbid curiosity.

So wait, if this one is meant to be the remake, then that means Brad Dourif and co. are working on an official TV series, yeah?
    I'm not really sure. There is this remake, the tv series which Mancini is working on, and I believe at least one other film in the original series. Going off the ending of Cult Of Chucky, there has to be another film in the pipeline.
    I don't want a Child's Play remake, I want a continuation of Cult!!

I'd be surprised if anyone does! Particularly while they're working on a TV series (and as the Major said, possibly another film).

I'd be surprised if anyone does! Particularly while they're working on a TV series (and as the Major said, possibly another film).

I think there definitely will be another film. Or I did, before Mancini set his sights on a tv series. Would it not be better to wrap up the film series first?
    Oh wow, Englund has returned (albeit in a cameo for a TV comedy series, of all things) as Freddy Krueger!

goldbergs-freddy-krueger-tv.png?resize=757%2C1024&ssl=1
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible

I think there definitely will be another film. Or I did, before Mancini set his sights on a tv series. Would it not be better to wrap up the film series first?

Well, Mancini did say he'll make the series as well as more films. And his plans don't appear to be affected by the remake.
    Oh wow, Englund has returned (albeit in a cameo for a TV comedy series, of all things) as Freddy Krueger!

goldbergs-freddy-krueger-tv.png?resize=757%2C1024&ssl=1

If only it would be real and we'd get another Freddy... I so wish.
    If Robert England could wear the jumper for one last film, maybe we could have a proper Freddy vs Jason, with Kane Hodder as Jason.
    If Robert England could wear the jumper for one last film, maybe we could have a proper Freddy vs Jason, with Kane Hodder as Jason.

Would that be your choice if you could only have one more appearance of Englund as Freddy? I'm not sure if I'd opt for that or another straight-forward ANOES installment.

Would that be your choice if you could only have one more appearance of Englund as Freddy? I'm not sure if I'd opt for that or another straight-forward ANOES installment.

I think that would be, yes. I know Kane Hodder could still put the hockey mask on. If Englund could play Freddy one last time, yeah... i'd want it to be for a FvJ remake. Make it the last appearance of both actors in the roles, and go all out with the film. Get as many surviving characters from both series, and and really go for it.
    I feel like having all this time pass with no new films from either series, a mash-up remake of FvJ out of the blue starring both veteran actors would rake in some proper money. I'd be there day one, that's for damn sure.

BUT, knowing that's likely a pipe dream, I'd take one last solo appearance from either actor in their respective series...or a new installment featuring a new actor, just something after all this time. It's been too damn long.
    It is doubtful that they would remake FvJ since that one was one of the more profitable entries in either series.

I'm not saying I wouldn't want it, though.

I crave more Freddy like I crave more p--- uh, Galore.
  • edited September 2018 Posts: 3,333
    This has probably been posted here already, but I'm really stoked for Gareth Evans new horror movie, which is coming straight to Netflix, next month, October 12th to be precise, and staring future James Bond candidate Dan Stevens. You can keep your lanky men in rubber masks, this looks like a proper horror movie, done well.

Here's the full trailer to remind you horror gore fans to check-in when it appears on 12th October.

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    The zombie flick Overlord is getting extremely positive buzz/reactions after its premiere this weekend at the Fantastic Fest.

• edited October 2018 Posts: 4,813
    (edit) Ooops, wrong thread, sorry
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    A new zombie film from South Korea:

edited October 2018 Posts: 23,544
    Hit off our annual horror month with the following:

10/1: The Ring (Verbinski's film--because it's been a while)
    10/2: Halloween (Carpenter's original--because the girlfriend hadn't seen it before)
    10/3: The Witch (Awesome film!)
    10/4: Hold The Dark (Not sure if it truly qualifies as horror but good stuff nevertheless.)
    10/5: Hereditary (Surprisingly good film though the "people are fainting" hype is tremendously exaggerated.)
    10/6: Murder Party (Saulnier's first film, ultra-low budget but rather funny.)
    World War Z 2 confirmed to start production in June 2019, with David Fincher directing and Brad Pitt reprising the lead role.

https://screenrant.com/world-war-z-2-production-start-2019/
    Fincher directing? Wow... Let's see if it really happens. Fincher is known for getting attached to a project and walking away a little later.