The Horror Thread II: The Return

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited September 2018 Posts: 40,477
    Here's a snippet of Thom Yorke's soundtrack from Suspiria:

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/trailers/976265-hear-suspiria-soundtrack-sample

Dl872h0U8AElxHj.jpg
    halloween-poster-2018-379x600.jpg
    Oh goodie, goodie, goodie.
  • A brand new trailer coming tomorrow too!

I really want to wait until the movie is out, but I know I won’t be able to, lol
    A brand new trailer coming tomorrow too!

I really want to wait until the movie is out, but I know I won’t be able to, lol

It's not too long to go! You know this new trailer is inevitably going to reveal a new scare or two and a new death or two. I'm not sure if I'll get the chance to see it in theaters, but that first trailer was enough for me.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I've gotten myself really excited about the Suspiria trailer. Really looking forward to that one.
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    I've gotten myself really excited about the Suspiria trailer. Really looking forward to that one.

You and I both. I love that it seems real faithful to the original, while simultaneously looking like a completely different film - I'm hoping to be among those that loves it, seems to be another divisive entry in the horror genre.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

You and I both. I love that it seems real faithful to the original, while simultaneously looking like a completely different film - I'm hoping to be among those that loves it, seems to be another divisive entry in the horror genre.

I'm generally a Chloe Moretz fan, so I might go in with a positive attitude.

The trailers make me fear for the fate of her character, but I'm a fan of hers as well. Luca amassed quite a great cast for this one, and it's nice seeing some faces from the original appear for this, too.
  • Halloween will have a runtime of an hour & 45 minutes, I just read
    Halloween will have a runtime of an hour & 45 minutes, I just read

Should be succinct enough - not too short, but doesn't overstay its welcome either.

The trailers make me fear for the fate of her character, but I'm a fan of hers as well. Luca amassed quite a great cast for this one, and it's nice seeing some faces from the original appear for this, too.

True! Between Moretz, Swinton and Harper, other interesting names grace the cast list.
    Halloween will have a runtime of an hour & 45 minutes, I just read

Should be succinct enough - not too short, but doesn't overstay its welcome either.

Correct again.

H20 had great potential but ended up being several minutes too short. Obviously I don't need my slasher to run well over 2 hours either. 105 minutes makes great sense.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited September 2018 Posts: 15,690

----

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Halloween looks excellent.
    International trailer showcases more footage from Halloween apparently:

Halloween looks excellent.

I’m really looking forward to it. So glad they decided to ignore all the sequels.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited September 2018 Posts: 15,690
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Great news.
    edited September 2018 Posts: 40,477
    Very nice! I do hope it stays around that number (it's up to eight reviews total now), this series deserves another good installment that a lot of people love after all of these years.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Total Film magazine from the UK were a tad disappointed...
    https://www.gamesradar.com/halloween-2018-movie-review/

That should make us forget that stupid Rob Zombie's desecration.
    Let’s hope so. The Zombie Halloween films were completely terrible with the exception of some decent music (and, of course, Malcolm McDowell).
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Let’s hope so. The Zombie Halloween films were completely terrible with the exception of some decent music (and, of course, Malcolm McDowell).

I disagree about the first film. Compared to most of the other inevitable remakes of that decade, I would argue that HALLOWEEN holds up pretty well. It's violent and maniacal but its two halves, the "new" and the "old" stuff, both work for me. H2 is where Zombie jumped the shark more than once.
    https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3520657/documentary-memory-origins-alien-will-tell-untold-stories-ridley-scotts-alien/

Sign me up. Says it's coming early 2019, would love to see this as a special feature on the Alien 4K coming in April 2019, I believe.

We've been getting some real nice horror documentaries lately; I still need to check out the one for the 1990 IT miniseries.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    More Victor Crowley on the way:

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3521403/adam-green-says-victory-crowley-will-return-future-hatchet-sequels/

I love the films for what they are, gloriously ott throwbacks to 80's slashers. I recently watched the latest film, Victor Crowley and quite didn't enjoy it quite as much as the previous 3 films. Though all four films prove that had the last 17 years been different, Kane Hodder could still be Jason in 2018, at age 64.... 64!
    I hope Danielle will be in it. They practically promised she would be at the end of VC.
    The one thing I dislike about the new Halloween (2018) movie title is that it dares to simply call itself “Halloween”. If it’s meant to be a proper sequel to the original then it needs a different title, surely? I know some of these writers and big studio heads lack imagination but it’s just lazy to steal the original movie title, much like the recent The Predator does.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I hope Danielle will be in it. They practically promised she would be at the end of VC.

Yeah, it looks like it would take more than impaling her on a tree branch to put her down.

Yeah, it looks like it would take more than impaling her on a tree branch to put her down.

Indeed. :)

I know it's all sugar with more syrup poured over it, but whenever our stalker-killer receives his own personal hero-nemesis, I'm game. :p Like Andy in the Chucky films? (Although Andy may very well be the only thing I didn't like about Cult.)