The Horror Thread II: The Return

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I heard rumors circulated a few weeks back that Clive Barker was going to return to write/possibly direct a reboot, but I suppose it wasn't meant to be.

That's probably true about the recent installment, but not saying too much, either, as the previous installment was bad with a capital B.
    @MajorDSmythe, so the more I read the article, the more it sounds as if Mancini will press on alongside Brad Dourif to do the TV series...but this new movie (which begins filming in September) may feature a completely different Good Guy doll? Something to do with some rights issues, so it'll be a reboot with a new doll is my guess. Confusing, but I guess we'll see how it pans out.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    So if there will be a tv series, I take it that means there won't be another sequel film? I'm not sure if I like that.
    So if there will be a tv series, I take it that means there won't be another sequel film? I'm not sure if I like that.

That's my guess. I'm not sure how well a TV series will work anyway, they really should've stuck to these recent installments that weren't all that bad.
    This new Indian Netflix series could be good:

This is the Michael Myers mannequin in my office. Which looks better in your opinion? The left is H2 and the right is H6

ul6sMir.jpg
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    This is the Michael Myers mannequin in my office. Which looks better in your opinion? The left is H2 and the right is H6

ul6sMir.jpg

I like the hair on H6, but the face on H2.
    H6 is better I think.
    MGM has the rights to the first Child's Play, so they can remake it. It's not certain that they're even going to stick with the voodoo possession angle. I think if they didn't, that would make branding the film as related to the original Child's Play utterly pointless from a story point of view, though obviously not from a brand recognition standpoint.

Anyway, the other films' rights belong to Universal. They're pressing ahead with their TV series, but Don Mancini has also said more films are planned, not just the show.
    michael-myers.png?resize=768%2C1152&ssl=1
  • Ahem. By the way, Happy Friday the 13th, everybody. May your run-ins with machetes, knives, and assorted garden tools be few today.
    Ahem. By the way, Happy Friday the 13th, everybody. May your run-ins with machetes, knives, and assorted garden tools be few today.

Or plenty, if you're one of our famous and masked killing friends.
    Ahem. By the way, Happy Friday the 13th, everybody. May your run-ins with machetes, knives, and assorted garden tools be few today.

I had such a rubbish week last week, I think I'd rather have faced Jason.
  • edited July 2018 Posts: 6,844
    Ludovico wrote: »

I had such a rubbish week last week, I think I'd rather have faced Jason.

Sorry to hear. At least Jason has the decency to put you out of your misery swiftly however painful it may be (thinking of you, guy who gets perforated through the groin with a harpoon gun).
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    pi8mu9sncqa11.png
    Please let this movie be good. I wasn't necessarily blown away by the teaser trailer but it does look like a lot of fun.
    Interesting- looks more like a comic book cover than a movie poster!
    I like it though!
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Please let this movie be good. I wasn't necessarily blown away by the teaser trailer but it does look like a lot of fun.

I thought it looked great. So happy they ignore all the sequels.
    edited July 2018 Posts: 40,372
    DiZs11KVMAEkzbI.jpg
    Me: 'I'll probably never buy another collectible- I've got enough.'

NECA: 'But wait!!! There's More!'

SDCC-2018-NECA-Horror-and-Sci-Fi-012-928x483.jpg
    Neca-Michael-Myers-Halloween-2018-figure-03.jpg
    Neca-Michael-Myers-Halloween-2018-figure-02.jpg?fit=1140%2C502
    Is that a Dr Herbert West figure next to Father Christmas?
    I think so! Lots of cool stuff coming out
    Of course, it's the one with real fabric clothing. A molded look would be better, fabric at that scale always looks too bulky.
    NECA has been on top form with releasing figurines as of late. Saw some Alien 3 ones they were working on earlier, too (though I can only surmise the market for that is incredibly niche).
    Their Jason figures have left me lukewarn. As opposed to the more sylised look of the Mezco figures, NECA are screen accurate, but they are also prone to loose joints. Both my PT 3 & Pt 4 Jasons had loose joints shortly after taking them out of the box and displaying them.
    Anybody here seen the obscure 80's horror flick Hell Night? Been one of my favorites since I was a kid, just upgraded my DVD version to that Scream Factory blu-ray, can't wait to give it a rewatch.
    edited July 2018 Posts: 13,882
    Hell Night.... doesn't that star Linda Blair? No, I don't think i've seen it.

EDIT: Yes, it does star Linda Blair.
    Hell Night.... doesn't that star Linda Blair? No, I don't think i've seen it.

EDIT: Yes, it does star Linda Blair.

Give it a go some time! Never talked to anyone else who has also seen it, I don't believe. Think of it as Friday the 13th meets a haunted, dilapidated mansion.
    @MajorDSmythe you might be happy to hear that they’re finally making Roy!

This teaser was on Neca’s page:

NECA-New-Beginning-Jason-Teaser.jpg

More of Michael:

neca-2018.png?w=399&ssl=1
    michael.jpg?resize=768%2C1154&ssl=1

They even got the eyeball! Great attention to detail!

myers.jpg?w=928&ssl=1