The Horror Thread II: The Return

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Seems like any legal claims regarding the Friday the 13th franchise have now branched off to the game, with the DLC future looking quite unsure and dire:

http://bloody-disgusting.com/video-games/3503558/legal-claim-brings-indefinite-end-new-friday-13th-game-content/
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Seems like any legal claims regarding the Friday the 13th franchise have now branched off to the game, with the DLC future looking quite unsure and dire:

http://bloody-disgusting.com/video-games/3503558/legal-claim-brings-indefinite-end-new-friday-13th-game-content/

Doesn't bode well. Especially since the devs need to clear up the mess left by the latest "patch". Every patch, it's 2 steps forward, 3 steps back.

Doesn't bode well. Especially since the devs need to clear up the mess left by the latest "patch". Every patch, it's 2 steps forward, 3 steps back.

This was one of my big worries with this being a Kickstarter title: lack of communication or lack of timely patches, leading the game to go through periods of limbo where it's unplayable or simply filled with way too many bugs that needlessly complicate the fun factor.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited June 2018 Posts: 13,894

This was one of my big worries with this being a Kickstarter title: lack of communication or lack of timely patches, leading the game to go through periods of limbo where it's unplayable or simply filled with way too many bugs that needlessly complicate the fun factor.

Not only this, but the devs are creating bugs. I've been complaining a lot about this game, but that is only because I love the films, and when the game works, it can be a really fun experience. When you are working with other players, communicating, formulating an escape plan. That is when the game is at it's best. But the devs are either too small a team, or too inexperienced. The latest patch has caused 2 major problems: 1) any escapees by car are randomly counted as suicides, and 2) matches end prematurely.
    I've seen a lot of developers do that same thing, particularly DICE and Blizzard. When I was into Overwatch for a while, literally every single solitary update would fix some minor issue/bug that the previous patch created...while simultaneously making a BRAND new problem. It made my blood boil because it seemed like stuff that could be patched instantaneously, but they took ages to get around to it while making more and more problems for themselves unnecessarily.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    First trailer for The Nun:

Seeing pics like this always makes it look like Michael is just a mischievous prankster!
    ‘LoL got you!’ :))

EKMQkYu.jpg
    Well that seems to settle it:

http://bloody-disgusting.com/video-games/3505629/will-friday-13th-game-ever-get-new-content-news-bad/

Somebody needs to get this entire franchise back on track, and soon.
    I haven't been on it in over a week. I have had it on good authority that at present, the game a shower of sh... you can guess what. How is it possible to mess the game up more with each patch/update? No new content will be the death of this game. Even a map editor would stretch out its lifespan, but it sounds like they can't even do that.
    The article states that they're apparently not allowed to add absolutely ANYTHING to the game now, even unique maps not from the series whatsoever, which is odd. Since that's the case, they have no excuse to not get the game in a better state than it's currently in.
    That doesn't fill me with much hope for the future of the game. It's hard to be optimistic having seen what the devs have done over the last few updates.
    All I know is these licensing issues couldn't have been more ill-timed with the release of this game; five years before or after and it might not have been an ordeal at all.
    I never did get around to getting it- guess since I waited this long, it could be in the bargain bin soon?

*Roy Burns did come out before this legal nonsense right?
    I never did get around to getting it- guess since I waited this long, it could be in the bargain bin soon?

*Roy Burns did come out before this legal nonsense right?

Yes, Roy was inducted into the game a few updates back. Though i only used him once, I play(ed) as pt VII Jason, so playing as any other Jason or Roy, just didn't feel right. Pt VII may be slow to start with, but once shift is available, and his destruction, he becomes an absolute beast. 3 hits and even a fortified door is no more.
    Can I surmise then that they've unveiled content that's simply not going to get a release now? That had to be a big, upsetting tease for the fans.
    Can I surmise then that they've unveiled content that's simply not going to get a release now? That had to be a big, upsetting tease for the fans.

I think the only content that was known to be on the way, was Uber Jason + the Grendel map. I was looking forward to the Grendel map, in the hope of possible narrow corridors forcing counselors to be less cocky.
    Damn, just checked it out and it does look pretty unique against the rest of the maps in the game. What a shame that is.
    Holy shit, these pics are from the new Halloween and they are BRUTAL!! I think I know where the teeth come from, lol
    35943713_10160325988315447_5670841867202199552_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&_nc_eui2=AeFDFBevDHNz5rPpGGKts1DKXOQg_OJjRco8jqjaAVTPN1gqz35gTKNrsofObOseGelIwJHXvWkUvMSahbThkwjbqZBY9mZjPORbRXnPOSjQSQ&oh=8e4015eac81e1d625fb908065bc52d3e&oe=5BB97B8C
    35847089_10160325988325447_8462938009694633984_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&_nc_eui2=AeFfbX8J8wsYptpOt-8Up1fCaHhdlAR7t3zb68Lqz8E4KZuOk-5s9AEKVml7LNvOwen5LY1SOMCGkfKmied972dytvkwyc-F-3-e5SWmEtoV-A&oh=88a6b9342116c4bb373a9e1f6124c03a&oe=5B9F0A56
    35955096_10160325988350447_1617639805007429632_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&_nc_eui2=AeH6TmFg-0Yp13MKz1rdL6sn-8M14m4pu8jZKN2fxxJkk5_EG9tt08FavFtIyVHDMviPJUiLRgT4XbBo68pfOeyhGePVA0f7S2wi7V7PsTOm9A&oh=1245943728d165c651902da36f71937b&oe=5BBD787C
    Damn, just checked it out and it does look pretty unique against the rest of the maps in the game. What a shame that is.

Yeah, the brief look we had of the map in the virtual cabin, it looks like the Grendel would have forced players to avoid engaging Jason in a fight unless necessary (it should be like that anyway).

I'm getting Victor Crowley vibe from those images.
    edited June 2018 Posts: 40,478
    That second picture: that guy's jaw is not having a good day, it is so twisted to hell. Looks like the brutality factor will be amped.

EDIT: A Creighton Duke spinoff after all this time? Why? Ahh hell, I'd absolutely watch it:

http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3505964/jason-goes-hell-director-adam-marcus-developing-creighton-duke-spinoff-film/

Though I wonder, given that it'll be an original story since it's a spin-off, if it won't see the light of day for a while due to the rights issues.
    edited June 2018 Posts: 13,894
    That second picture: that guy's jaw is not having a good day, it is so twisted to hell. Looks like the brutality factor will be amped.

EDIT: A Creighton Duke spinoff after all this time? Why? Ahh hell, I'd absolutely watch it:

http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3505964/jason-goes-hell-director-adam-marcus-developing-creighton-duke-spinoff-film/

Though I wonder, given that it'll be an original story since it's a spin-off, if it won't see the light of day for a while due to the rights issues.

With Steven Williams as Duke? Oh hell yes, i'm up for that. Steven Williams has one of those voices... even if he were narrating the history of streetlamps, it would be engrossing.

Ah, read the article, that's how Marcus will circumnavigate the rights issue. It will be obvious to the audience that it is Duke, but he won't actually be named Creighton Duke. I'm still interested. Killing Duke off was a mistake. On saying that, it isn't as if there was much continuity between the films under New Line.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    IT: Chapter 2 has started filming on June 19th.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Anyone excited about THE NUN? I am...
    The first teaser trailer for M. Night Shyamalan's Glass, starring James McAvoy, Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson and Anya Taylor-Joy, could be coming next week alongside the North American release of The First Purge.
    The first teaser trailer for M. Night Shyamalan's Glass, starring James McAvoy, Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson and Anya Taylor-Joy, could be coming next week alongside the North American release of The First Purge.

Finally. Been waiting so long for that.
    edited June 2018 Posts: 15,690
    mlhc1es2wx611.jpg
    Surprised to see this announced given we had yet another new installment not too long ago.

http://collider.com/childs-play-reboot-lars-klevberg-mgm-orion-it-producers/
    They had to do it, didn't they? Shame, as the Childs Play series has been in better shape no, with CURSE and CULT, than ever. It had managed to avoid being remade (not even going to bother calling it a reboot, in the context of films, it's the same damn thing).

Hang on, Mancini still has (at least) one more film planned, so how will this work?
    They had to do it, didn't they? Shame, as the Childs Play series has been in better shape no, with CURSE and CULT, than ever. It had managed to avoid being remade (not even going to bother calling it a reboot, in the context of films, it's the same damn thing).

Hang on, Mancini still has (at least) one more film planned, so how will this work?

For the series pressing on as long as it has, I too thought it was in fairly good shape.

Maybe the Mancini film drops, followed by the reboot at some point? What bugs me is that this series didn't need a reboot yet...but Hellraiser has needed one for a good decade now, yet still has those cringe-worthy, horrendous installments getting spit out time and time again.

For the series pressing on as long as it has, I too thought it was in fairly good shape.

Maybe the Mancini film drops, followed by the reboot at some point? What bugs me is that this series didn't need a reboot yet...but Hellraiser has needed one for a good decade now, yet still has those cringe-worthy, horrendous installments getting spit out time and time again.

Oh god yes, if ever there were a series in desperate need of restarting, it's Hellraiser. I still have not seen the recent two. Though I have heard that the most recent one is slightly less awful than its predecessor.