The Horror Thread II: The Return

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    nick-castle-halloween.png?resize=768%2C768&ssl=1
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    The Suspiria remake gets a 2 hours & 32 minutes runtime.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator

I fear that will be to its detriment.
    This is for you, @DarthDimi: the first trailer for Shane Carruth's new film:

Looks like fun. :)
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    DarthDimi wrote: »

I fear that will be to its detriment.

I'm baffled as to how they managed to increase the runtime by 45 minutes compared to the original. I know they're not the same film etc. but it doesn't exactly instil a lot of confidence in the approach. We'll see.
    Can't link the actual audio, but this article contains Carpenter's theme for the new Halloween installment:

http://collider.com/halloween-2018-theme-john-carpenter/#images
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Can't link the actual audio, but this article contains Carpenter's theme for the new Halloween installment:

Will check this as soon as I can.
    It's very cool that we're only a couple of months away from a new John Carpenter HALLOWEEN score. Who'd have ever thought that would happen again? Very excited to hear what updates he gives to his older themes. That main title piece is as eerie as ever. So damn effective.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GDTZ2N2

I just ordered a pair of these- hopefully they’ll arrive in time.
    For anyone wondering what Michael definitely wears in the new movie, they’re ‘Workrite’ flame resistant overalls in charcoal gray. Just as sure as the originals were Big Macs in spruce green.
    b8qktwsngaf11.jpg
    b8qktwsngaf11.jpg

Great pic.
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 4,813
    Not only that:

64hvXeV.jpg

*edit: also, rumor has it JLC accepted payment of only $14,000 for coming back as Laurie.

When you consider she’s been on record having done H2O ‘for the money’, I’d say we’re getting something very special come October
    I love her so much.
    edited August 2018 Posts: 15,690
    Director Yeon Sang-ho is currently writing the script for Train to Busan 2, which will go into production next year.

Trailer for the 1st installment from 2016:

Director Yeon-Sang-ho is currently writing the script for Train to Busan 2, which will go into production next year.

Trailer for the 1st installment from 2016:

Great film. Some extremely clever uses of location in it.
    Can’t recall whether anyone has a posted a link for The Witch: Part 1. The Subversion (2018). 2h 5min movie by Hoon-jung Park who wrote I Saw The Devil? It looks pretty good.

I feel bad for whoever runs into Michael at this point:

halloween-michael-myers-2018.jpg?resize=768%2C768&ssl=1
    Sometimes I come across profiles of particular actors/directors/what have you that I enjoy the work of, and I'll shoot them a message sharing my appreciation. Sure enough, I heard back from Tom DeSimone today - he directed a lot of B-level horror fare in the 70's and 80's, and was also the director of something I've praised endlessly over the years here, Hell Night. Such a gentleman, was great to actually hear from him and read some of his thoughts on the film and his career. Always a blast hearing from particular actors and directors like that; also talked to Ezra Buzzington a little while back, who was one of the mutants in The Hills Have Eyes remake - so cool.
    Still wish the film had a sub title but meh
    I'm curious about SUSPIRIA. Huge fan of the original.
    edited September 2018 Posts: 15,690
    @Creasy47 @bondjames @DarthDimi

First reactions to Suspiria:

Capture_d_e_cran_2018_09_01_a_11_58_52.png
    I have high hopes.
    It'll also have a mid-credits scene you'll want to stick around for, apparently.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach

Got tickets to see John Carpenter in concert in London on 17th October....cannot frickin wait!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Carpenter wrote a couple Treehouse of Horror episodes for The Simpsons. Here are a couple of clips. The beginning of each.