The Westworld Thread

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited December 2016 Posts: 11,139
    My thoughts in spoiler tags
    The finale was fantastic! I called William being the MiB ages ago and the reveal was pretty awesome. This show overall is amazing; my only gripe is there are a few illogical moments to get from A to B that dampens an otherwise excellent series. The acting is forever on point. The finale was just absolutely great. Ed Harris was amazing, the look on his face when he finally gets what he wanted was priceless, the twist with Hopkins' Ford and the Wyatt reveal (although I saw that coming from 2 episodes ago) and the post credits scene were all highlights.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Spoilers please. Not seen the finale. ;)
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited December 2016 Posts: 4,554
    doubleoego wrote: »
    My thoughts in spoiler tags
    The finale was fantastic! I called William being the MiB ages ago and the reveal was pretty awesome. This show overall is amazing; my only gripe is there are a few illogical moments to get from A to B that dampens an otherwise excellent series. The acting is forever on point. The finale was just absolutely great. Ed Harris was amazing, the look on his face when he finally gets what he wanted was priceless, the twist with Hopkins' Ford and the Wyatt reveal (although I saw that coming from 2 episodes ago) and the post credits scene were all highlights.

I agree. I will admit, though...
    I didn't want to believe the William-MiB connection that many fans were predicting.

This is a show that forces you to go back and watch episodes, because there are clues throughout that you don't necessarily see first time around.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Yeah, the show's full of clues and hints. Will definitely give the series a rematch soon and try to pick up on them as much as possible.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Great show, can't wait for the new series.
    Great show, can't wait for the new series.

we're all going to be waiting, Season 2 is set to premiere in 2018....
    8-| 8-|
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Waiting for Bond ...... Waiting for Westworld ! :(
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

At least we know when we're getting one of them.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Creasy47 wrote: »

At least we know when we're getting one of them.
    James Bond Will Return.
  • Just watched the Finale bloody brilliant, the bar has been set very high by Westworld now.
    edited December 2016 Posts: 4,554
    Some time ago, I floated the idea of Jonathan Nolan or Alex Garland being a terrific choice to pen Bond 25. While both may traffic in sci fi, I think they also have their finger on the pulse of technology's impact on us. Both Robert Ford and Nathan Bateman have the presence of a classic Bond villain.
  • edited December 2016 Posts: 6,432
    @Creasy47 and anyone who has seen the finale

Warning immediate major spoiler
    @fire_and_ice, that's the exact same video (along with another one he did) that kickstarted my interest in rewatching the series again so soon. Wanted to catch everything I missed.
  • Creasy47 wrote: »
    @fire_and_ice, that's the exact same video (along with another one he did) that kickstarted my interest in rewatching the series again so soon. Wanted to catch everything I missed.
    Never come across that YouTube channel previously, it was a good breakdown of the show. I think I questioned William before the reveal, I kept thinking Ed Harris does not have any moles on his face. It's definitely a show alot of things run through your mind whilst watching. Westworld is available on Sky for a few more weeks, debating whether to binge watch or wait to buy the box set.
  • For fans of the 1973 movie, a retrospective review of Westworld there is some interesting content.

TripAces wrote: »

I knew that the scope was going to get even larger for the second season, but I had no clue it would be shaping up as an all-out war like the trailer lets on. Some gorgeous looking shots, and what's even more impressive is that it was put together in time for Comic-Con, even though they've only been shooting for one week now. Not a bit of that footage was leftover from the first season, apparently.
    This came out on 4K Tuesday, and damn, is it beautiful. Much better than the HBO streaming.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    This came out on 4K Tuesday, and damn, is it beautiful. Much better than the HBO streaming.

It's an incredibly well shot TV show I will be tempted to buy it
    edited November 2017 Posts: 40,467

Comes in Dolby Vision, and I know how you like your setup, so it comes highly recommended from me. The black detail in the picture is terrific.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Comes in Dolby Vision, and I know how you like your setup, so it comes highly recommended from me. The black detail in the picture is terrific.

I can imagine I have only watched the first season once as I was going to buy it on Bluray at some point, the show itself is cinema standard. I am interested to see how they will mix it up in season two, and whether we will get parks like Future World.
    edited January 2018 Posts: 40,467
    Season 2 has finished filming, and it seems the VFX team is also done:

That April premiere rumor seems more and more likely.
  • This April??? Weren’t they talking about not releasing the next season for another two years?
    This April??? Weren’t they talking about not releasing the next season for another two years?

It's been two years in terms of calendar years. First season premiered in November of 2016, and season two will (likely) premiere April 2018, or at least "Spring 2018".
  • Creasy47 wrote: »
    This April??? Weren’t they talking about not releasing the next season for another two years?

It's been two years in terms of calendar years. First season premiered in November of 2016, and season two will (likely) premiere April 2018, or at least "Spring 2018".

Wow. Time has flown. It feels like just yesterday Westworld was released. Jonathan Nolan must be writing my life.
    I will have to rewatch season one looking forward to season 2, I wonder if new world's will feature.

Wow. Time has flown. It feels like just yesterday Westworld was released. Jonathan Nolan must be writing my life.

Threw me off when I realized it debuted in 2016, too. Doesn't feel anywhere near that long ago.