The Westworld Thread

14567810»

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    So I watched season one for the second time a couple of weeks ago in prep for season two, then I watched the first three second season eps over 3 days, then the next day watched the remaining seven in one sitting. One thing this series is not, and that's boring. Shogun World was a blast. I saw Teddy's end before it happened- almost made me cry. Teddy, Maeve & Bernard are like, the only good guys....
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited September 2023 Posts: 40,473
    ShogunWorld was great. I loved the various tastes and sprinklings of the other parks available, along with how there were only so many scripts written that they sort of blended and copied one another in each subsequent park.

I also wish we saw more of The Raj (especially our dear friend Edmund Slate from QoS, whose appearance was suave yet over too quickly).
    I also just found out that they cut some scenes out of the original 1973 movie most notably a moment when a guest was put on the rack by a host during the 'revolt' and his arms popped their sockets and he was screaming.... gotta keep that PG rating... :-S
    Damn, I didn't realize the 1973 film had a PG rating. They sure could get away with a lot under that rating before the PG-13 option came along in the '80s. I don't remember the film being gratuitous like the HBO series but I faintly recall a couple moments that were certainly violent enough.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Damn, I didn't realize the 1973 film had a PG rating. They sure could get away with a lot under that rating before the PG-13 option came along in the '80s. I don't remember the film being gratuitous like the HBO series but I faintly recall a couple moments that were certainly violent enough.

The blood puddling under James Broilin after Brenner shot him was pretty gruesome. But then James Franciscus got machine gunned to death in Beneath the Planet Of The Apes and a naked woman rode a motorcycle in Vanishing Point both in 1971. What a great time to be an 11 year old....
    Just saw Vanishing Point for the first time on Tuesday (thought it was a brilliant action film) and I know 11 year old me would've been a very big fan of that scene when Kowalski stops and meets the nude biker chick.
    Just saw Vanishing Point for the first time on Tuesday (thought it was a brilliant action film) and I know 11 year old me would've been a very big fan of that scene when Kowalski stops and meets the nude biker chick.

So funny... back then bare breasts & butts & blood were okay for older kids, but the 'F' word was strictly 'R' territory. And male genitalia (see: Man Who Fell To Earth).
    chrisisall wrote: »

So funny... back then bare breasts & butts & blood were okay for older kids, but the 'F' word was strictly 'R' territory. And male genitalia (see: Man Who Fell To Earth).

It's funny how that works. Now you have today, where you can get away with certain things more easily yet smoking can earn you a PG-13 rating.