No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    peter wrote: »
    @QuantumOrganization -- does this still include a two-pic conclusion??
    ?

• MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    Murdock wrote: »
    Don't give Purvis and Wade any ideas. Do we need another Blofeld in drag? =))

Blofeld will be revealed to be Bond's first transgender super villain.
    Sandy wrote: »
    TripAces wrote: »
    //action to mask a story that he considered a bit sparse (see below for an interesting interview he gave last year):

http://collider.com/marc-forster-quantum-of-solace/#poster//

I remember that interview. It reminds me of The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance. "When the legend becomes fact, print the legend."

It overlooks that a writer (Joshua Zetumer) *brought on by Forster when the strike ended* did do rewriting during filming. Apparently the interviewer didn't research deeply enough and Forster declined to volunteer that information.

Again, not saying the strike didn't affect the movie. But it was more complicated than that, especially the emphasis on wind-earth-fire-water.

Forster had much to offer. Some fans didn't like the way he edited his action sequences, with so many jump cuts. It's all a matter of taste, but I liked it -- I would NOT like it if every Bond film were like that. But QoS had a different pace and flavor to it, and it fits well in between CR and SF. I thought the Bond/Mitchell chase and the Opera house shootout were excellent. And the Bond-Slate fight is one of the best ever, because of its brutality and brevity. It's Bond's greatest badass moment.

The water motif was especially effective.

That's exactly what I think about QoS! It's his own beast, and to be honest one of my favourite entries. I love how brutal it is and that's part of its charm. Now that I think about it, I think I first signed up for this forum (or its previous incarnation maybe) with the sole purpose of defending QoS, those were crazy days.

Wonderful to see all of this QoS love. It trades places for me with CR as my favorite of Craig's, but has been winning for some time and is currently my series #4. There is so much right about QoS, I'm easily able to overlook the hyper-editing (which honestly only becomes problematic for me during the Palio chase—apart from that, I love it).

So seeing love for SP is less wonderful ☺️?
  • Thunderball007Thunderball007 United States
    edited August 2017 Posts: 306
    Murdock wrote: »
    Don't give Purvis and Wade any ideas. Do we need another Blofeld in drag? =))

Good evening, Mr. Bond. :p

@Murdock

Another idea. Blofeld had gene therapy. Lol!
    ?

Think he means when you said expect 2 more Craig movies... you have been quite accurate as of late
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    echo wrote: »

Blofeld is Tracy.

Now, that would be a twist.

keanu.gif?resize=280%2C200

So Draco would be Blofeld's father, then? :O
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    jake24 wrote: »
    Here's your news rundown for July. Quite an eventful month:

Official (statements from EON/MGM directly related to B25): ***
    Confirmed (fact-based items/statements from trusted sources): ***
    Uncertain (items from uncertain sources and/or with uncertain results): ***
    Debunked (items proven incorrect): ***

July 2017
    ->While talking to Playboy, Christopher Nolan reaffirms his desire to helm a Bond film, but stresses that "it has to need reinvention, it has to need you."
    ->Eon Productions announce that they will soon begin work on The Rhythm Section, a non-007 spy thriller based on the four novel series by Mark Burnell. American actress Blake Lively is set to star as the film's protagonist
    ->The 25th James Bond film is officially confirmed for a US release on November 8th, 2019, with international dates as well as the cast & director to be announced at a later date
    ->This leaves only an untiled Disney live-action film as direct box office competition, although sequels to both Frozen and Wonder Woman are expected to provide B25 with stiff competition during the latter two months of '19
    ->Logan Lucky earns praise from critics and will soon begin its theatrical run.
    ->With Craig about to embark on his press tour, he will undoubtedly be faced with lingering questions regarding his future (or lack thereof) with the 007 franchise
    ->The New York Times reports that Craig's return is a done deal based on sources close to production
    ->Both BirthMoviesDeath and MI6-HQ stress the possibility of Broccoli and Wilson selling the franchise off post-B25, based on an unknown source close to production
    ->Deadline reports that Yann Demange (71), Denis Villeneuve (Prisoners, Sicario, Arrival, Blade Runner 2049), and David Mackenzie (Hell or High Water) are on the shortlist to helm the next film in the series, and have all allegedly had meetings with Broccoli and Wilson. Villeneuve may be out of the race due to scheduling conflicts having recently signed onto Dune
    ->According to Variety, Demange is the frontrunner and claims Warner Bros. is the closest to landing a distribution deal with MGM for B25
    ->Surprisingly, Logan Lucky will not have a press junket (despite numerous high profile actors appearing in the film) meaning that Craig will likely stay silent on the matter until his next film, Kings, premiers at the Toronto International Film Festival in September
    ->Craig will star in two episodes of a new Amazon Prime series, Comrade Detective, to air later this year. Interestingly, no developments have been made on Craig's other TV series, Purity, since the show was greenlit by Showtime last year
    ->James Bond Downunder reports that Yann Demange was spotted at EON House in London; comments from fans asking about Bond on Demange's Instagram are promptly deleted
    ->Mirror claims the next Bond film will be titled "Shatterhand" and will be an adaptation of Raymond Benson's continuation novel, Never Dream of Dying
    ->Benson denies ever speaking to journalists at Mirror; says the article is nothing more than a fabrication

Excellent summary, it was indeed an eventful month!
    edited August 2017 Posts: 1,575
    MV5BMTc4Mzc2OTE0N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzQ5MTQ5MjI@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,1499,1000_AL_.jpg

James Bond with his B25 Director ?
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Hardy looks like Conor McGregor in the above photo
  • peterpeter Toronto
    ohmss42 wrote: »
    ?

Think he means when you said expect 2 more Craig movies... you have been quite accurate as of late

yes @QuantumOrganization, you said in the past you heard what may be unfolding is a two picture deal?
    They both would be my odds-on favourites for it.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    Hardy looks like Conor McGregor in the above photo

Ha, you're right, he certainly does. As if I needed another reason for him not to be Bond, but there it is.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I'd put money on Hardy and Nolan not doing Bond 25.
    Just a hunch.
    001 wrote: »
    James Bond with his B25 Director ?
    Nah. Craig's successor will be someone younger than Hardy, and Nolan is doing Bond 26.

?

?

yes @QuantumOrganization, you said in the past you heard what may be unfolding is a two picture deal?
    Correct, I'm not sure what you mean by a conclusion, however?

Where has anyone heard that Craig is doing a 2 picture deal ?
    He hasn't even signed on for 1 yet has he ?
  • peterpeter Toronto
    ?

?

I meant a two pic deal to end Craig's run. So you heard it's a two pic deal? I would guess, if this pans out, it'd hafta be the Blofeld trilogy then?...

?

?

I meant a two pic deal to end Craig's run. So you heard it's a two pic deal? I would guess, if this pans out, it'd hafta be the Blofeld trilogy then?...
    Judging from the past, I would never say never about more after that

• peterpeter Toronto
    If he does two with at least three years between each he will be mid 50s... I can't imagine Craig wanting to do anything other than one more (if that)?
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    If he does two with at least three years between each he will be mid 50s... I can't imagine Craig wanting to do anything other than one more (if that)?

Which would add a bit of credibility to the rumor of shooting two films back to back, with portions simultaneously.
    talos7 wrote: »

Which would add a bit of credibility to the rumor of shooting two films back to back, with portions simultaneously.

That's the only way it would work...Craig has always said that when he cant do some of the stunts and fight scenes himself then that would be it.

He has been pretty busted up over the 4 films.

There are many sequences for two films that could be shot with the same set-ups; M's office, Q's lab just to name two.
    If planned properly two films can be shot back to back, and/or simultaneously, very efficiently.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    I can't see Craig doing back-to-back, Spectre in itself was almost too much for him.
    I agree and think they will want to move on after 25
    A good night out with Tom Cruise (55) would probably motivate Daniel Craig (49) to give it two more times!
    Or leave him depressed! ;)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    If SP tired Craig out, I'll be quite surprised if he has two back-to-back schedules within him, but it would certainly be interesting to see something like that after all these years.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited August 2017 Posts: 15,690
    I hope to god that back-to-back shooting never happens. No, I am not talking about Craig's age, because I'd still refuse this if he and EON had been willing to do this for CR/QOS. I just do not want to go watch the latest Bond film knowing it was filmed 1, 2 or whatever years ago. Yes, I'm a 90's kid so I discovered the Moore/Connery films decades after they were made, but I know that DN is 1962, OHMSS is 1969, TSWLM is 1977 and so on. A big part of the Bond magic would be lost to me if I had to watch a random outing and wonder what year it was made. The short time between filming and theater release is not the most ideal, I admit, but I really enjoy that the new Bond films feel very 'fresh' upon release as they were in production only a few months before.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    A good night out with Tom Cruise (55) would probably motivate Daniel Craig (49) to give it two more times!
    Or persuade him to join Scientology.
  • I hope to god that back-to-back shooting never happens. No, I am not talking about Craig's age, because I'd still refuse this if he and EON had been willing to do this for CR/QOS. I just do not want to go watch the latest Bond film knowing it was filmed 1, 2 or whatever years ago. Yes, I'm a 90's kid so I discovered the Moore/Connery films decades after they were made, but I know that DN is 1962, OHMSS is 1969, TSWLM is 1977 and so on. A big part of the Bond magic would be lost to me if I had to watch a random outing and wonder what year it was made. The short time between filming and theater release is not the most ideal, I admit, but I really enjoy that the new Bond films feel very 'fresh' upon release as they were in production only a few months before.

Presumably the two films would be released 6 months or so apart. That's often (though not always) what happens when sequels are filmed back-to-back.