No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited July 2017 Posts: 15,690
    The only news I can find on google are of Craig's casting in June 2016 and some articles that say Purity won't interfere with Bond 25. The 4 or 5 articles from 2017 that mention Purity make no mention of any other actor apart from Craig, or at most they say 'casting TBA'.
  • Red_Snow wrote: »
    fanbond123 wrote: »
    I reckon there will have to be a gap between Purity and Bond 25 with Craig. That's likely to mean a 2019 release date. Having said that, Purity may not happen. The filming start date hasn't been confirmed.

Purity is not happening anytime soon. I doubt there'll be any problem with Craig's schedule concerning Bond 25 and the Showtime TV show.

When Purity was originally announced, Showtime said 10 episodes would be telecast in 2017 and the other 10 in 2018.

Has this changed?

'Purity' was never announced as airing in 2017. It will film in 2017, and air over two years starting in 2018.

I stand corrected.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    edited July 2017 Posts: 3,277
    Regarding all this bulls**t in the media lately, here's a quick video from last year, when I had the opportunity to talk with Maryam D'Abo during the 'James Bond til Oslo' event. I asked her opinion on Bond being played by a woman or by a black actor. Check it out...

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Maryam said it better than I could have.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I love her. I want to marry her. I want to kneel before her and make myself her slave. She said it. Exactly right!
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    And that... is why I want the Bond franchise to be a family business.
    Maryam is great. Looking as lovely as ever.
    I love that she points out that it's all media created and that it's essentially publicity for Bond.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Ahh some good old common sense. Very refreshing.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    @barryt007 will love this. ;)
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited July 2017 Posts: 11,139
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Maryam is great. Looking as lovely as ever.
    I love that she points out that it's all media created and that it's essentially publicity for Bond.

Precisely. She's 100% on point. However, the sad thing to me is, D'abo is pointing out the painfully obvious; and you'd think many die hard fans would understand and see this with the same perspective instead of getting overly pressed and feeling aggressively salty whenever the topic is brought up. That being said, it's ironic that whereas Bond can't even get its next movie off the ground for whatever numerous reasons and after 2 years of knowing zilch about what's going on other than the Bond producers are moving forward with a female led spy film, we're getting films and TV shows that are breaking new ground that are being legitimately positively mega-hyped and being recieved really well, featuring the sort of people Fleming didn't intend for Bond to be. They're operating and thriving there and its there they'll remain without infringing on Bond. Bond isn't going to stop being what he's ALWAYS been and will CONTINUE to be. That's a fact that one would expect more Bond fans to be confidently secure in.
    Regarding all this bulls**t in the media lately, here's a quick video from last year, when I had the opportunity to talk with Maryam D'Abo during the 'James Bond til Oslo' event. I asked her opinion on Bond being played by a woman or by a black actor. Check it out...

First bit of real common sense I have seen on here for a very long time. And from someone who has been in that environment and knows the producers. Nice one and thanks for reposting Marketto!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

Wow, she's aged incredibly well. Agreed with the rest of you, she said it better than I could have, couldn't agree more.

Thanks for that, @marketto007, don't believe I saw that video last year.
    http://www.menshealth.com/guy-wisdom/chris-hemsworth-wants-charlize-theron-play-james-bond

I have now decided every time there is a stupid bond rumor I am doing 10 pushups

figured I would be jacked by bond 25 comes up
    Because if there's one person I need Bond input from, it's Chris Hemsworth.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Because if there's one person I need Bond input from, it's Chris Hemsworth.

Exactly. Endorsing Charlize as James Bond would be like endorsing him to give up Thor to play Wonder Woman.
    And he's endorsing her AFTER she's set to release an impressive-looking, fun, and most importantly, ORIGINAL action film that stars her. This is why I don't want a female Bond - because if people take the effort and time to make a thrilling original film, they can find their own success. I could easily see it spawning a new franchise, or at least a trilogy.

The world doesn't need Jane Bond. It needs originality.
  • edited July 2017 Posts: 4,400
    MGM want Cara Delevingne to star in Bond 25
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/film-bosses-eye-very-famous-10832217
    cara-delevingne-at-valerian-and-the-city-of-a-thousand-planets-premiere-in-los-angeles-03-27-2017_1.jpg

Yawn - though it does come from the Mirror who started the whole Craig rumour last week that sent the internet wild.

Also, the internet is getting into a bit of a state at the moment over thepossibilty of casting a woman as Bond. I reckon you could sorta get away with it - especially now I've seen this photo of Charlize Theron.
    https://www.wmagazine.com/story/why-charlize-theron-is-the-james-bond-we-need-now
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    edited July 2017 Posts: 1,187
    And here's to wonder if this year is going to be another desert, devoid of any solid information reg
    cara-delevingne-at-valerian-and-the-city-of-a-thousand-planets-premiere-in-los-angeles-03-27-2017_1.jpg

Yawn - though it does come from the Mirror who started the whole Craig rumour last week that sent the internet wild.

Also, the internet is getting into a bit of a state at the moment over thepossibilty of casting a woman as Bond. I reckon you could sorta get away with it - especially now I've seen this photo of Charlize Theron.
    https://www.wmagazine.com/story/why-charlize-theron-is-the-james-bond-we-need-now
    Would prefer an older actress for Craig. This could be his daughter!
  • And so she joins the legions of actresses/models/socialites who have been rumored for Bond girl. She's the flavor of the month with Valerian coming out...nothing more of substance to this "story."

I wasn't impressed by Delevingne's acting in Suicide Squad. She is hot though. Denise Richards is no big shakes in the acting department and I think she's great in TWINE just the same. There is room for the Goodnights of the world.

Just so long as they don't expect her to be the next Tracy...

86c2197de2ab8662fa0b7a826caf83d3.jpg

Rei-KawakuboComme-des-Garcons-Art-Of-The-In-Between-Costume-Institute-Gala-Arrivals.jpg
    Likely false, but if it wasn't, I definitely don't want her anywhere near a Bond film.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited July 2017 Posts: 9,117
    This is beyond a non story.

Before long people are going to start posting links to Sunday Sport articles.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    That would mean for sure they're recasting Bond... as a thirteen year old.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited July 2017 Posts: 10,588
    edited July 2017 Posts: 10,588

It's from the Mirror, mate.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    IF this is true it would mean a new Bond; but that's a big if.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Likely false, but if it wasn't, I definitely don't want her anywhere near a Bond film.

Why not @Creasy47
    I've never found her attractive; she often has a "heroin chic ", strung out,at times tom-boyish look. Bond can do better.
    talos7 wrote: »
    I've never found her attractive; she often has a "heroin chic ", strung out,at times tom-boyish look. Bond can do better.

Sexism. Sorry, but can we also focus a bit on acting skills??
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited July 2017 Posts: 15,423
    And here's to wonder if this year is going to be another desert, devoid of any solid information reg

Would prefer an older actress for Craig. This could be his daughter!
    Think you misquoted me, mate.
    Agreed. I never found myself drawn to her at all. Bond can do a lot better than her. Heck, if they want "a model" to star as the Bond Girl, there's Irina Shayk, who expressed her love and desire for a Bond Girl role a few years back.

Sexism. Sorry, but can we also focus a bit on acting skills??

Sexism? Not in the least ; Daniel Craig's appearance , as well as the appearance of every actor who has played Bond or is being considered as a future Bond, has been discussed. It comes with territory.

Your accusation is off base, and inappropriate.