No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• edited April 2017 Posts: 4,325
    Baz isn't saying anything different to anyone else - all the reports are claiming that Craig may be returning, or is close to deciding to return.

The Page Six report says that Barbara Broccoli has just about persuaded him to return. Not that he is in fact returning.
    Well we need to hear something soon surely that is official from EON?
  • tanaka123 wrote: »
    Baz isn't saying anything different to anyone else - all the reports are claiming that Craig may be returning, or is close to deciding to return.

The Page Six report says that Barbara Broccoli has just about persuaded him to return. Not that he is in fact returning.

Right. And the British tabloids are rewriting the New York Post (they all cite it) but they rewrite it to make it sign like it's a done deal, happening right now.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Barbara Broccoli has been announced as the new president of the National Youth Theatre.

“I’m delighted to be working with the National Youth Theatre in developing and celebrating the most talented and diverse young people that the UK has to offer.”
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Barbara is far and away one of the coolest ex-pats ever.
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 4,325
    tanaka123 wrote: »

Right. And the British tabloids are rewriting the New York Post (they all cite it) but they rewrite it to make it sign like it's a done deal, happening right now.

Of course, so that you read the story. But if you actually read it, it's not a done deal. Baz and Page Six are saying the same thing.
  • tanaka123 wrote: »

Of course, so that you read the story. But if you actually read it, it's not a done deal. Baz and Page Six are saying the same thing.

I was referring to the Mirror, Evening Standard, et al, rather than Bamigboye.
  • peter wrote: »

Reading between the lines, assuming Deadline is correct, Purvis and Wade are pretty far along on this project. There's a line about how the producers want the script finalized before it gets sent to actors.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    The article definitely does read as if they're close to finishing the script for that movie already.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @Alexander,it sound like they're doing the final pass on the script before attaching talent; which makes me wonder how deep they could actually be on Bond 25 (I imagine they're not too far along).
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited April 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Very interesting. So MGM now has a tv distribution channel at least.

They will have to develop content for it, and EON could facilitate that. A young Bond or Jinx spinoff for tv is now a distinct possibility!

I jest of course, but this isn't bad news for MGM.
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    Great news! No doubt there able to afford this with the help of Skyfall and spectre
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    peter wrote: »
    @Alexander,it sound like they're doing the final pass on the script before attaching talent; which makes me wonder how deep they could actually be on Bond 25 (I imagine they're not too far along).

@peter, if past reports are true, P&W at least had a rough treatment for Bond 25 they could now be back to polishing.

I was referring to the Mirror, Evening Standard, et al, rather than Bamigboye.

Yes, and ...
    Creasy47 wrote: »

So they can raise a Billion dollars for this deal? But not finance a Bond film? How does that work?!!!! :-?
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    Imagine the euphoria if Craig was back, and Martin Campbell had agreed to direct the last movie of his tenure, with David Arnold back on soundtrack :x
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Imagine the euphoria if Craig was back, and Martin Campbell had agreed to direct the last movie of his tenure, with David Arnold back on soundtrack :x

Yes, Yes and Yes!

Dream team.
    The writers strike looks set to happen if there is no acceptable deal by May 1st:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/writers-guild-promises-strike-may-2-no-deal-is-reached-991578

I don't know if this will have significant bearing on Bond 25 but May 1st isn't that far away. :-O
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    fanbond123 wrote: »
    The writers strike looks set to happen if there is no acceptable deal by May 1st:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/writers-guild-promises-strike-may-2-no-deal-is-reached-991578

I don't know if this will have significant bearing on Bond 25 but May 1st isn't that far away. :-O

They represent 17,000 writers, so it depends if Purvis and Wade are in their Union.
    It would affect P&W, yes. Of course, you could always ask Daniel Craig to do the writing honors -- because it went so well with QOS. Or not.
    writer5150 wrote: »
    It would affect P&W, yes. Of course, you could always ask Daniel Craig to do the writing honors -- because it went so well with QOS. Or not.

Let's do it. It's got some of the best dialogue in the series.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/04/writers-strike-wga-letter

I would not be surprised if this finally closed the door on Craig returning. Every few years now, something comes along that scuppers development on the next Bond film, with startling regularity. I do not think Craig would commit on an unfinished script, and the timing of this seems almost spooky.
    We've cracked it. IT'S ALL A BIG CONSPIRACY.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Seems that way. :))
    With our boy Mendes holding up his hopes. :(|)

He didn't understand yet, that DC leaving doesn 't naturally mean, Turner will get the job. Far from it.

Germanlady wrote: »

@Germanlady, you're lying to yourself if you think all this wasn't a clear plan on behalf of MGM and EON to give Turner the role on a silver plate. Dan's a hack, he's always been a hack, and his time as Bond might as well be done.

(OBVIOUS-but necessary-SARCASM WARNING)
    Seems that way. :))

@ClarkDevlin, you laugh, but you clearly just lack the insider knowledge to make the genius predictions of the above. I can feel your jealousy pulsating through my computer screen.

(ANOTHER OBVIOUS-but still necessary-SARCASM WARNING)