No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Wai Lin is a competent character, though. And definitely isn't an arrogant character like Dr. Jones and Jinx... or Camille... or Dr. Swann...
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Dr. Swann and Camille arrogant? Oh, hell no.

[rolls up sleeves]
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Camille is also competent, but she's arrogant, you can't ignore that.

Dr. Swann and Jinx on the other hand both display great kind of arrogance but pretend to be something they're not: Competent.

And Dr. Jones is... well... the 'I don't need no man' type. ;)

Wai Lin's attempt to attack Carver was justified though. Not only he insulted her culture but is also trying to takeover her country and abuse it big time.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Would be nice if this were actually true.

in-cyprus.com/cyprus-expected-to-feature-in-new-james-bond-film/
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Camille is also competent, but she's arrogant, you can't ignore that.

Dr. Swann and Jinx on the other hand both display great kind of arrogance but pretend to be something they're not: Competent.

And Dr. Jones is... well... the 'I don't need no man' type. ;)

Wai Lin's attempt to attack Carver was justified though. Not only he insulted her culture but is also trying to takeover her country and abuse it big time.

@ClarkDevlin, I'm very impartial, but I for the life of me can't think of one arrogant thing Camille or Swann do. But if we're going to debate, my friend, I'd rather take it here to avoid off topic stuff:

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/2689/controversial-opinions-about-bond-films/p307

I would like to hear your perspective, though it's a bit heated over there at the moment...
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    I don't think this is necessarily an April fool's thing, unless there is something that contradicts that? Would be great if true.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Croatia and Cyprus will make for great locations. I am all for another Mediterranean Bond.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    jake24 wrote: »
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    I don't think this is necessarily an April fool's thing, unless there is something that contradicts that? Would be great if true.

This is why I hate April Fool's.

If it's legit, Craig did spend time in Cyprus for his role as a UN Ambassador. Maybe he suggested some locations?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Here is the news rundown for March, 2017:

March 2017
    ->Reliable Daily Mail columnist Baz Bamigboye reports that six-time Bond scribes Neil Purvis & Robert Wade have been commissioned to pen the script for B25, while Daniel Craig remains undecided. It is likely that he will wait on a script prior to making a final decision
    ->Bamigboye also surmises that cameras won't start rolling on the forthcoming adventure until 'next autumn' at the earliest; also hints that the script (or lack thereof) isn't the only factor holding Craig back
    ->MI6-HQ confirms that the vintage helicopter recently acquired by Eon Productions will not be used for B25, but for a historical war film that Broccoli and Wilson will co-produce in late 2017. This would effectively rule out a Nov/Dec. 2017 start date
    ->Eyewitnesses spot Daniel Craig with Barbara Broccoli at the opening of her new production "The Kid Stays in the Picture," prompting speculation of his return
    ->The Writers Guild of America seeks authorization for a strike which, if negotiations are reached, is likely to hamper B25 development
    ->Officials at Aston Martin hint that a new model will feature in the next spy thriller, but do not specify as to which one
  • @Thunderfinger, you are a god.
    bondjames wrote: »
    When you think of it, there are some intelligent question of what a movie about with Jinx in the lead role could or couldn't do. First : did Micheal Madsen, the boss of Jinx, is agreed to reprise his role ? Did she will appear in a gunbarell ? Did we replace the traditional nude girl in the opening credit by nude men (since Jinx is a girl) ? Can we use the James Bond Theme meanwhile the carracter is not JB ?
    Interesting questions. I think they should have made a Bond heroine flick and dumped them all in one film to get it over with. Just the good ones though, like Jinx, Dr (ahem) Jones and Wai Lin. All the macho chicks. They could have ended up killing themselves accidentally and then we'd be done with this continuing idea once and for all!

The Expendababes?
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    April's Fool indeed, but I still wouldn't mind a Jinx movie. (Leaps into cover)

At this point, it'd still be better than no Bond film at all.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    We need a Felix Leiter movie.
    Too many franchises do needless and stupid spin-offs, Bond should be the usual exception to that trend.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Too many franchises do needless and stupid spin-offs, Bond should be the usual exception to that trend.

I wholeheartedly disagree. I, for one, would love to see the subway couple from Skyfall get their own spinoff.

I wholeheartedly disagree. I, for one, would love to see the subway couple from Skyfall get their own spinoff.
    And I thought I was the only one.
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    We need a return to Greece!
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Apparently the Cyprus thing was a hoax
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    Apparently the Cyprus thing was a hoax
    It would seem that way. Where did you hear that?
    Perhaps the title can be amended now that you have clarity?
    Perhaps the title can be amended now that you have clarity?
    Done.

@dominicgreene, you jest, but somewhere on this very forum I posted a random plot line for that spin-off as a lark, where I detailed how the couple met and what their movie would be about. I should try to find it...
    Hardly credible.
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 199
    The Evening Standard online just quoted Page Six today saying Craig is set to sign on for 1 more Bond. Anyone else seen this?
    I think Dan will certainly sign on for one more, but I don't think that announcement will be coming so soon. P&W just got back to scripting for all we know, and I think Dan would want to see more before he decided anything. We don't know how far the script is along, but I think it's still being put together in earlier stages, and P&W could be building it from an earlier idea they presented to EON, who then told then to alter it a bit.

So I think Dan will be back for one more (at least), like I always have, I just think this news is very premature. I'm interested to know why this "Dan is back" news is coming into the fold again at this time, with so many click-bait articles focusing on it.
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 3,164
    Again, I wonder if everything moves at a quick enough pace (Craig committing, Purvis and Wade getting a completed draft by the summer which can then be refined), that they can start production this Nov/Dec for an Oct/Nov 2018 release window - and potentially push back that "historical war movie" project in favour of getting B25 done (unless B25 is that project and the museum with the helicopter was feeding misinformation from EON?) It all depends on how fast things are moving on B25/the war movie (Remote Control?)
  • peterpeter Toronto
    That picture of Hiddles in the above article is just terrible. It looks like he's been using the same spray tan as Trump. Just horrible.

And whether this article is real or no, I agree that Hiddles lacks the ruggedness of a paid assassin for the British government.
    I have a gut feeling we will start to hear real news on B25 very soon, especial as Cannes is around the corner as well. My money is on the article being correct. I think Craig is agreeing to do one more - but only one more.
    edited April 2017 Posts: 1,187
    delete

Pierce looks so good there I think someone should back him to play Bond in his '60's.
    Actually I'd love Daniel to stick around and have at least one Bond film in his 50's. He'd be the only other Bond than Sean to have played the role in his '30's, '40's and '50's.
    That's unless you count that Bond skit Roger did in 1964 :)