No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Good. Good.
    Baz on the Page Six story: Craig hasn't decided yet.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Figures.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    BBC and Evening Standard are reliable outlets.

This answer your question if this reliable here is the evening standard http://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/celebrity-news/daniel-craig-set-for-one-more-james-bond-film-as-producers-finally-persuade-him-to-return-a3506481.html
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    The plot thickens. Rumours abound. Fake news? Let's see. EON are the only ones I'll believe at this point.
    bondjames wrote: »
    The plot thickens. Rumours abound. Fake news? Let's see. EON are the only ones I'll believe at this point.
    Do you believe if p and w are writing the script?
    edited April 2017 Posts: 23,883
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    That's a good question. Quite frankly, I'm not really sure of that either, given the stuff they said prior to supposedly getting the gig again.

Having said that, they are the most likely choice, given they're well known to the producers. If EON needs to get a script together in short order, these two are likely the right persons for the job, as I can imagine that everyone wants to avoid the tangents that got them into a mess last time.
  • 007Blofeld wrote: »
    BBC and Evening Standard are reliable outlets.

This answer your question if this reliable here is the evening standard http://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/celebrity-news/daniel-craig-set-for-one-more-james-bond-film-as-producers-finally-persuade-him-to-return-a3506481.html

Evening Standard, like the other UK papers, is rewriting the New York Post.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I get ridiculously excited anytime I see Mendes' name attached to a new project that isn't 'Bond 25.' A man can dream.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited April 2017 Posts: 8,087
    That's a good question. Quite frankly, I'm not really sure of that either, given the stuff they said prior to supposedly getting the gig again.

Having said that, they are the most likely choice, given they're well known to the producers. If EON needs to get a script together in short order, these two are likely the right persons for the job, as I can imagine that everyone wants to avoid the tangents that got them into a mess last time.

The difficulty is, they can't retrofit an existing script to accommodate a new actor like they could in the past. A fifth Craig film would look nothing like the first in a fresh continuity. It's difficult to see how they could be writing a script at the moment.

The difficulty is, they can't retrofit an existing script to accommodate a new actor like they could in the past. A fifth Craig film would look nothing like the first in a fresh continuity. It's difficult to see how they could be writing a script at the moment.

I've pondered the same thing for a while now; figured if they truly are writing a script at this point, then they have to be pretty damn sure of Craig's return (or departure).
  • //EON are the only ones I'll believe at this point.//

Same Eon that denied John Logan had been hired (when he had)?

Sam Eon that denied Ben Whishaw was playing Q (when he was)?

I can appreciate being skeptical of media reports. But given Eon's own track record, that skepticism should perhaps be extended to the producers as well.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    I was actually happy on April 1st when I saw the tweet, Daniel Craig has quit, I'm happy now too that he has signed on but not as much
    edited April 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I've pondered the same thing for a while now; figured if they truly are writing a script at this point, then they have to be pretty damn sure of Craig's return (or departure).
    That is a good point.
    //EON are the only ones I'll believe at this point.//

Same Eon that denied John Logan had been hired (when he had)?

Sam Eon that denied Ben Whishaw was playing Q (when he was)?

I can appreciate being skeptical of media reports. But given Eon's own track record, that skepticism should perhaps be extended to the producers as well.
    That's true. I should have said positive confirmation (as opposed to denial of media rumours) from EON is all I'll believe at this point. The rest is conjecture, which could be accurate, or then again might be fake news.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    So, we shouldn't believe anything until after seeing the film itself? Might as well not follow the production timeline.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited April 2017 Posts: 8,087

Just a thought, but generally you can be more certain of departing than you are of returning. Because if you plan on returning, there is still unforeseen circumstance which can get in the way. Whereas departing is (usually) definitive. Like I say, just a thought.
    So, we shouldn't believe anything until after seeing the film itself? Might as well not follow the production timeline.

We needn't get that crazy, but awaiting official confirmations doesn't hurt, either.
    I get ridiculously excited anytime I see Mendes' name attached to a new project that isn't 'Bond 25.' A man can dream.
    Me too
    edited April 2017 Posts: 3,126
    The only problem is MGM and being able to fund bond 25 and future bond films you can have everything on board in the production side but as long as they can't find a way to fund the film they can't do anything what we really need to hear is how are they going to distribute it and its been a long time since they were supposed to have a deal done back in February of 2016 and all MGM is focused on and excited about is tomb raider whoop de do da no body cares I mean come on MGM work something out :-w :-?? :-? (:| :|
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    The only problem is MGM and being able to fund bond 25 and future bond films you can have everything on board in the production side but as long as they can't find a way to fund the film they can't do anything what we really need to hear is how are they going to distribute it and its been a long time since they were supposed to have a deal done back in February of 2016 and all MGM is focused on and excited about is tomb raider whoop de do da no body cares I mean come on MGM work something out :-w :-?? :-? (:| :|

Well in that case lets call Professor Joe and have a telethon.
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 2,598
    I just heard it on the radio. Obviously radio DJ's have got it wrong before but is it true that the script is finished and Broccolli managed to get Craig on board again and that he's ready to sign on the dotted line? Broccoli also apparently said that she thinks that Tom Hiddleston is too smug for the role. Haven't looked on the internet yet. Are the websites that have reported this reliable ones?

I liked that comment that Pierce Brosnan made in terms of Daniel having it in him to go well in to his fifties but obviously there will come a time when enough is enough.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    I certainly hope this "news" is true, because it would be nice to have news that things are moving forward, but who knows?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    It's important not to swallow the first thing that's shoved in your mouth. These people are merely selling stories, and little else.
    I wonder if Craig is indeed interested in giving it one more go. We need some official news!
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    It's important not to swallow the first thing that's shoved in your mouth. These people are merely selling stories, and little else.

Oh, I'm well aware. I'm taking it all in with extreme suspicion, but I'm still hoping.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    FoxRox wrote: »
    I wonder if Craig is indeed interested in giving it one more go. We need some official news!

It'll happen, just not when the journalistic nuts above proclaim it.
    It's really been a painful wait. It's only been a little over a year since SP, but it feels like at least 2 years. I'm still unsure myself whether Craig coming back is the best thing, but it certainly sounds a lot more appealing to me than some of the other names I've heard thrown around.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    It's really been a painful wait. It's only been a little over a year since SP, but it feels like at least 2 years. I'm still unsure myself whether Craig coming back is the best thing, but it certainly sounds a lot more appealing to me than some of the other names I've heard thrown around.

I certainly don't envy Barbara whenever another Bond must be cast. The selection sample is disastrously meek. Too many boys, far too few men.
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    I take what Baz says with a grain of salt. He's been out of the Bond loop since 2014. His recent article about Bond seemed like a one time thing he overheard. At this point, I give more credibility to Page six. They were right on the Chinese buyer story and a whole lot others.
    I take what Baz says with a grain of salt. He's been out of the Bond loop since 2014. His recent article about Bond seemed like a one time thing he overheard. At this point, I give more credibility to Page six. They were right on the Chinese buyer story and a whole lot others.

I respect that Baz has to get clicks, but I agree. I miss the days in journalism, even in entertainment journalism, where writers just reported what was going on in clear, undramatic ways. The advent of Twitter has unfortunately made us suffer through all these writers teasing a bunch of bullshit rumors for attention.

With Baz all you hear is, "It's not happening...YET (cackling in background)," or "Stay tuned, I've got some BIG NEWS!" We get it Baz, you're a super important person. But please, don't speak until you've got something to say.