No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

I predict press conference for December or January and filming starting January

If the Craig articles from last week are true I'll especially lean towards your prediction. Then the film would be aimed for a November 2018 release. No point in him agreeing to return for B25 now if filming isn't expected to start, say, January of 2019. That's another year and 9 months away.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Hmm. There is nothing to say that Bond 25 won't come out in 2018 and star Daniel Craig, however with each passing day there comes less reason to believe that that will be the case. It's reaching the point where we can actually begin to doubt whether it will happen in that time frame. All it takes is for something to hold things up for a few weeks and the window will be gone. They won't release Bond in January, that's for sure. My guess is they are cutting it close as it is. There could still be a writers strike, for one thing. Craig still hasn't committed - those articles were connecting the dots prematurely. And not only that, but we still have no distributor and only one producer currently (I don't think MGW will be healthy enough at his age). It's really not a question of get Dan on board and away we go, like the media is portraying. Until we actually hear something concrete regarding any of these points, then hoping for a 2018 release is frankly a very optimistic outlook.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Eon will be producing a historical war drama in late 2017, so 2018 is all but completely out of the question.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited April 2017 Posts: 16,331
    Wouldn't be great of this "historical war drama" Was just one big red herring and it's really just Bond25 to keep the snoopers away. That would be one epic bit of trolling.
    jake24 wrote: »
    Eon will be producing a historical war drama in late 2017, so 2018 is all but completely out of the question.

Ah, OK. Clears that up.

In that case, I'm beginning to question these articles saying Craig is close to returning.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Murdock wrote: »
    Wouldn't be great of this "historical war drama" Was just one big red herring and it's really just Bond25 to keep the snoopers away. That would be one epic bit of trolling.
    That'd be the ultimate strike.
    Bit tired of Craigs prevarication. As if he's got a better offer on the table...
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    jake24 wrote: »

Ah, OK. Clears that up.

In that case, I'm beginning to question these articles saying Craig is close to returning.

It's always a good idea to approach everything posted on here with a grain of salt.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.

You do have a great point there it is kind of weird for them to pivot on what they were using for from bond 25 to nothing bond related and they have been sneaky since spectre
    007Blofeld wrote: »

You do have a great point there it is kind of weird for them to pivot on what they were using for from bond 25 to nothing bond related and they have been sneaky since spectre
    Just wishful thinking, mate.
    They have to be too. Especially if they want to avoid any more leaks.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans

"Blue Harvest" ! ;)

doesn't surprise me, from them.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I've had a suspicion this might be what's going on as well. I've probably seen too many spy films though. I see deception and misdirection everywhere!
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    I'm done with speculation.

If it is P+W again, then be it.
    If Bond 25 happens in 2019 (or 2020) then be it.
    If Craig does not return, then be it.

I'm more worried about the Scooby-Gang and the composer.
    I desperately want the Scooby-Gang back, including Tanner even.
    But hell no to another non-Bond score from ignorant Newman.
    If you want to avoid the corporate espionage you've got to go undercover. ;)
    I'd rather they keep the Scooby-Gang where they belong. And it's obvious when Craig departs, the rest of the crew will go with him as they can't keep a tight continuity with the current timeline Bond who's already aged and cast a younger actor to replace him, depicting the character as younger than that "old man" age.

And I also rather the entire MI-6 recurring characters are recast with as much as unknown (but talented) actors and actresses as they get, so they'll only be minor characters as always intended. M, Q, Moneypenny, Tanner. And since Goodnight has already been elevated to major Bond Girl previously, and as the film series likes to not bring one-off characters back from the old films, I'd like an on-screen introduction for Loelia Ponsonby. It's time she appeared in the film series.
    I'd rather they keep the Scooby-Gang where they belong. And it's obvious when Craig departs, the rest of the crew will go with him as they can't keep a tight continuity with the current timeline Bond who's already aged and cast a younger actor to replace him, depicting the character as younger than that "old man" age.

And I also rather the entire MI-6 recurring characters are recast with as much as unknown (but talented) actors and actresses as they get, so they'll only be minor characters as always intended. M, Q, Moneypenny, Tanner. And since Goodnight has already been elevated to major Bond Girl previously, and as the film series likes to not bring one-off characters back from the old films, I'd like an on-screen introduction for Loelia Ponsonby. It's time she appeared in the film series.

I think the fans care a lot more about Q than they do about either M or Moneypenny. I would recast both M and Moneypenny, and keep Ben Whishaw as the connecting link, like they did with the old films.

If they work with workmanlike directors again, hire someone lower profile to play Bond, and hire talented, unknown actors to fill out the cast, and focus mainly on one central location, they could virtually cut the budgets in half.

I think the fans care a lot more about Q than they do about either M or Moneypenny. I would recast both M and Moneypenny, and keep Ben Whishaw as the connecting link, like they did with the old films.

If they work with workmanlike directors again, hire someone lower profile to play Bond, and hire talented, unknown actors to fill out the cast, and focus mainly on one central location, they could virtually cut the budgets in half.
    I'm very much dissatisfied with Q, so I'd recast him without losing a moment. And preferably not making him some geeky nerd know-it-all who keeps getting outsmarted by his adversaries (Silva, for instance). I'd definitely resort to the Major Boothroyd types.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I'm ok if the entire Scooby is thrown out with a soft reboot. They are rather subpar imho.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited April 2017 Posts: 5,979

P&W did try to bring Loelia on...I forget for which film. They do go back to Fleming often; they're the best hope we have for a true YOLT adaptation with Craig.
    echo wrote: »

P&W did try to bring Loelia on...I forget for which film. They do go back to Fleming often; they're the best hope we have for a true YOLT adaptation with Craig.
    I believe it was Michael France who tried that, first. With the very first draft of GoldenEye where Loelia replaced Moneypenny.
    I'd keep Fiennes as M, albeit on the condition that he stays more or less back at MI6 and doesn't jet out into the field or become a major focus of the story.

Q and Moneypenny, I'd be perfectly fine with a recast.
    If the Craig era is over, clear slate.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Where does Blofeld fit in all this after the Craig era they surely are going to use him after Craig's done
    Where does Blofeld fit in all this after the Craig era they surely are going to use him after Craig's done

They'll continue using the name Blofeld by introducing a character that is Bloferhauser's son. He becomes enraged as a teen when he discovers that James Bond was the man responsible for his father's death and sets out to create a huge criminal organization, just like his father, spending many years setting it up, recruiting operatives and conducting global operations, a process that lasts into his 40s, all with the end goal of killing James Bond, a man who miraculously does not age a day during this entire process.

Don't worry, EON and P&W have this covered. :lol: :tongue:
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    edited April 2017 Posts: 13,032
    Or
    daughter.
    9780857820464-us-300.jpg
    One of the positives of starting an entirely new era is that there is an opportunity to develop, slowly, with menace and mystery the character of Blofeld; keep him in the shadows for a few films.
  • talos7 wrote: »
    One of the positives of starting an entirely new era is that there is an opportunity to develop, slowly, with menace and mystery the character of Blofeld; keep him in the shadows for a few films.

That's actually something I hope they do. Part of the reason I loved the original Blofeld was because he was in the shadows. He was almost a sort of God like figure in a room, that's also part of the reason the actual reveal was somewhat a let down. I hope that if everything does go into reboot again after Craig (which I personally feel it should), then establish an unknown Blofed for 3-4 films before using him, and I hope that payoff to his reveal would be worth it.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Here is a good explanation of the possible writers strike;