No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Stunt company that worked in Bond 25 in Norway: https://www.instagram.com/stuntandsfx.no/

Charlotte Williams also worked as a stunt. She's only 4'10. You know what that could mean... https://www.instagram.com/chazatronic/

https://www.facebook.com/Chazatronic/
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    QBranch wrote: »
    Lana's a perfect fit, but I would want her song to be a tad more upbeat than her usual ballads.

Bond's going to Norway, so why not nab a Norwegian artist like Susanne Sundfør, whose music can sound intense, bright and dark at the same time, and has orchestral elements integrated in some tracks.
    She's even better live!
    Så sjalu akkurat nå!

Haha, hva faen?
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    RC7 wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »
    I have no doubt that the production is now finally on track. At the same time, it is frustrating not knowing when we will finally get some offical news. If EON announced today that the presser will be held at the beginning of May, I would have no problem with that, but the complete radio silence is very frustrating.
    Every time you use the word ‘presser’ EON delay the announcement by 2 days. Barbara told me.
    I don't get it? What's wrong with it? It seems to me it's perfectly valid to use "presser" instead of "press conference". https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/presser
    Bit wanky. In the same way things are ‘dropped’ rather than ‘released’ these days. Babs not a fan.
    Add Benny and myself to the list of people who can confirm it's totally wanky.

Anyway, who's looking forward to the P-Conf?

That actually induced a migraine.
    Lana's a perfect fit, but I would want her song to be a tad more upbeat than her usual ballads.

Bond's going to Norway, so why not nab a Norwegian artist like Susanne Sundfør, whose music can sound intense, bright and dark at the same time, and has orchestral elements integrated in some tracks.

She's even better live!

She has a whopper set of lungs on her.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    ggl007 wrote: »
    Stunt company that worked in Bond 25 in Norway: https://www.instagram.com/stuntandsfx.no/

Charlotte Williams also worked as a stunt. She's only 4'10. You know what that could mean... https://www.instagram.com/chazatronic/

https://www.facebook.com/Chazatronic/

curious what kind of stunt work
    the girl on set would have to do.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited April 2019 Posts: 13,972
    Thanks, ggl!
    She's only 4'10. You know what that could mean...
    She's doubling for Craig.
    Haha, hva faen?
    Norge Jeg kan snakke ditt språk uten google oversetter!
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 17,301

She's even better live!
    Så sjalu akkurat nå!

Haha!
    She's played in my hometown twice. Only saw her the first time she was there, which must have been back in 2012 or something – and before she did the vocals on one of the tracks from the Oblivion soundtrack. Great live performance.
    Thanks, ggl!

:))

She might have done some…
    underwater stuff.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    TR007 wrote: »
    peter wrote: »
    You guys should check the dates that those pics were snapped.
    When were they snapped?

Given their outfits it looks like it was during winter in New York, possibly Jan or Feb? The weather there would be so much warmer in April.

I believe those were taken at the time (or perhaps even ON THE DAY) of the benefit NYTW reading on March 10.

Thanks, ggl!
    Haha, hva faen?
    Norge Jeg kan snakke ditt språk uten google oversetter!

Dinky-dum, mate.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited April 2019 Posts: 13,972
    Add Benny and myself to the list of people who can confirm it's totally wanky.

Anyway, who's looking forward to the P-Conf?
    That actually induced a migraine.
    I have pills for everything. Some make you ignore wanky comments. One bottle per page.
    She has a whopper set of lungs on her.
    Agreed, her voice commands attention. It would be a very inspired choice to get her, or (someone of her ilk) for the theme.
    She's played in my hometown twice. Only saw her the first time she was there, which must have been back in 2012 or something – and before she did the vocals on one of the tracks from the Oblivion soundtrack. Great live performance.
    I need to listen to more of her stuff. Ten Love Songs was(/were?) amazing.
    underwater stuff.
    Could be. I take it you mean she's
    doubling for the young girl.
    Dinky-dum, mate.
    Dinky-bum:
    Goldfinger-096.jpg

Goldfinger-096.jpg
    Check out that alligeiter smile!
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 17,301
    I need to listen to more of her stuff. Ten Love Songs was(/were?) amazing.

It's a great album for sure. "Delirious" has the great dramatic orchestral elements you'd want in a Bond theme:

underwater stuff.
    Could be. I take it you mean she's
    doubling for the young girl.
    Don't know the height of the young girl, but maybe? Depending on what the character goes through on screen, they might need a stunt double for certain shots.
  • Univex wrote: »

Land Rover and Jaguar were in Die Another Day (when the brands were owned by Ford Motor Co.) Ford sold the brands to India's Tata Motors in 2008. Both brands were in Skyfall and SPECTRE.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    They will do it on Star Wars Day. May the 4th we'll be with you.

*runsforthedoor*
  • DaltonforyouDaltonforyou The Daltonator
    edited April 2019 Posts: 308
    8-B9932-FF-6-DD5-4-EAB-849-E-4-A4-CC04-B27-F4.jpg From the Norwegian stunt company Instagram
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Ice Fishin'.
    For adventure!
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Did anyone find out when those photos of Daniel & Rachel were taken? Hard to imagine he’s still in NYC if filming supposedly started today...
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Did anyone find out when those photos of Daniel & Rachel were taken? Hard to imagine he’s still in NYC if filming supposedly started today...

@DonnyDB5 I am pretty certain they were taken in early March when DC did the NYTW reading.
    One was loathe to actually sign up having been happily lurking in the shadows, so to speak, for far too many years, but ironically it is the sheer amount of negativity that has lured me in to pass what will unfortunately or not go down as my first comment.

There is of course no denying the fact that production of Bond 25 has rather been put through the mill. Yes there has been delays, rumours swirling about scripts, the change in director... Of that nobody can deny. But with each issue that has emerged a fix has been announced not long after. Be it the renewed release date rather than a to be confirmed, The employment of a temporary script doctor to see what could be tweaked or the swift hire of a very intriquing and, dare I say, artistic choice of director - all suggesting that those in command are well aware of the issues they have faced and are prepared to engage in actions to fix that which they perceive to be is broken. And being in charge, they are the ones best to perceive. Not those relying on the false or bitter musings of anonymous social media based "sources"

Having quite happily observed these forums for numerous years I've noticed during this pre production a level of almost... Entitlement has set in amongst some. The idea that we, as fans, deserve answers. Deserve communication. Deserve a press conference even. The fact is, we don't. Eon are a company that make the Bond films. That, as recent filming evidence shows, is exactly what they are doing.

It's not that a lack of clarity is even without precedent either. One wonders how this place would have reacted had it been around between the licence to kill and goldeneye years. Problems occur. The trick is celebrating as they are resolved. Rather than dwell on why they were made. It'd not even without precedent in the Bond universe either. Look no further than Star Wars and their recent supporting films. Overseen by the the entity that is Disney. Have they also not had script issues? Director issues? Delays? Did they take to twitter to announce every gory detail about what had went wrong. Or did they, with their undoubtedly huge marketing department, merely acknowledge, as Eon have done, what the next steps going forwards are. All without a press conference. Or clapperboards.

So I'm not denying there has been problems. There clearly has. That is evidenced by the solutions that have been and are being worked on. The film is after all, still in pre production. It may not even have a title - quantum didn't until the night before the press event as story would have it. They might not have a script - think it's gwneral consensus that tomorrow never dies never had a set one throughout. They may not even have the cast set in stone - be it through the lack of finalised script or, as it may seem, the filing commitments some of the rumoured cast seem to have. All of which dissuade official announcements. All of which deter a press event.

I'm not for one moment criticising people's passion for the series. Even passion that is developing, it seems, into a constant dawn of pessimism. But the fact is we're not entitled to anything. As Die Another Day proved (subjectively) we're not even entitled to a good film. (though it is my genuine belief that a good movie goes exist behind the cgi and quips). We're all here because we're fans of a franchise that no matter what has been thrown at is, no matter the plaudits or critics, has endured for nigh on 60 years. Problems or otherwise, I think in that time Eon may have just perhaps learnt a thing or two about making a bond film. Even if it doesn't always go smoothly. And they don't always tell the fans every little detail, positive or negative, that goes on behind the scenes. I can fully understand why this can get people's backs up, why people go into panic mode and why in turn that incenses other people into creating this semi poisonous atmosphere that seems to have taken hold. Only to briefly lift and descend again with more aggresive "I told you so" bitterness. Criticise where criticism is due. Praise what ought to be praised. But for goodness sake, please try and rememeber that we're all fans here before descending into the keyboard warrior like villainy that I myself have seemingly been forced to engage in to try and offer my opinionated reason.

The movie is being made. To paraphrase a controversial figure: its been a long time, but finally, here we are.

And as a post script. Apologies for the lengthy post and possible bad grammar and spelling. It seems typing your first post on a mobile whilst at work and not being too certain of the forum you're using rather leads to errors. Hopefully I'm not judged too harshly for that, nor for attempting to get my point across. Debate after all is healthy, just try and note that diatribe is tiresome.

Respect to you all

Props to anyone who actually read this.

Try to be be more concise.

Anyway.....Jodie Comer's involvement is looking very very unlikely. She started filming 'Fll Guy' with Ryan Reynolds last week and her show, 'Killing Eve' is back this weekend. This story is just the tabloids having a slow news day.

She's unavailable.

Plus, whilst I think she's great as the mischievous Villanelle. I just think she's a little bit of a plain and boring white girl. Does little for me.

Cormer would have been good for the MI6 agent role. Another choice of mine is Perdita Weeks but perhaps the role is too close to Juliet Higgins in the Magnum reboot.

Don't think she'd be good as a MI6 agent, but with that dress she'd be a great Bond girl.
    What if this radio silence is a test? What if EON is testing us, and only when they see that we really want a press conference will they hold one? :)
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    April is going to be a crazy month. B25 press conference, GoT Final Season, Avengers Endgame, Star Wars IX trailer and title reveal. Perhaps they’re waiting the end of the month to reveal the title etc etc in order to gain more attention after all this blockbuster crazy month... BTW the only thing that matters now is that production is started and hopefully next week we’ll get some news and scoop...
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    edited April 2019 Posts: 3,497
    What if this radio silence is a test? What if EON is testing us, and only when they see that we really want a press conference will they hold one? :)

They are testing you, but you weren't supposed find out.

Now that their cover has been blown, I say... bring on the press conference next Wednesday.

Seriously? Eon, up to their neck in production, are testing "us"? With respect, get real.

They're building up the hype and getting down to business while they're at it. Good for them.

Frustrating of us. But worth it, let's hope.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    I'll say it again and possibly and another point later but all this situation of knowing practically next to nothing is so much more inviting than all the leakage we had with SPECTRE.

EON are doing a top job this time round keeping us all guessing, I hope that I go into the cinema next April with as little knowledge as I can.

I won't be able to stop myself following the production and watching the trailers but I'm hoping I keep away from spoilers.

The footage we've seen of Norway doesn't really tell me anything.

I think possibly Cary F is going to deliver the best Bond film since CR.
    Where did that filming date (5th April) come from? We had that quote from Ben Whishaw via this Italian fan but nothing that confirmed this really is supposed to be start of filming, if I'm not mistaken.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Couldn't agree more @Shardlake.
    I'd be more than happy if we got a teaser trailer, theatrical trailer and little else. Just like the old days.
    Disney have kept the next Star Wars film largely quiet, be nice if EON could keep the worlds most famous secret agent,
    Secret
    Speaking of Star Wars, I love that the movie will be with us in less than 8 months and we know absolutely nothing about it. That is so cool! Especially this day and age.
    I’m quite enjoying that it’s the same with Bond. Don’t get me wrong, I would love a press conference but truthfully EON don’t need to do one. As Bond fans we will all be in the cinema on the opening night in support of EON and Dan, whether or not we know anything about the movie at all.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 2,598
    What is it that's exciting about the press conference? Basically, they'll just reveal the film's title and maybe show us the car won't they? Won't the cast members just give the usual spiel about how they're privileged to work on a Bond film and have been fans of the franchise since they were children, bla, bla, bla..? If they haven't casted the Bond girl yet (excluding Madeline) then I don't think they'll have the conference until this happens. With what was mentioned that's happening this month, if I were Eon, I'd wait until the end of May.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 4,619
    @Bounine To answer your first question: learning the title, the official cast & crew list AND the short synopsis. Maybe these things don’t excite you, but they definitely do excite me.
    ColonelSun wrote: »

Seriously? Eon, up to their neck in production, are testing "us"? With respect, get real.
    Your inability to detect tongue in cheek comments disappoints me. I even ended my comment with a smiley!