No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

Looks like Q branch mastered making people invisible too!

Or are they monkeys?
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself

Babs isn’t there because she’s too busy producing some art crap
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @JamesBondKenya, love ya kid, but a film producer CAN and SHOULD produce other films and tell stories that they want to tell outside of what they're known for. If not, then what's the point?

You don't hafta like those films, but they want and need to tell them; the sign of a story-teller.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    RC7 wrote: »
    doubleoego wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »

'Fulfil their mandate to make good fims’, you say it like that isn’t their aim. Forgive me, but this comes across more as a petulant rant, because you’re not getting what you want, rather than a indictment of the producers.

Petulant rant? Nah. I think whatever my displeasure with EoN and criticisms of the current state of things RE: Bond is valid. Most businesses dont aim to do their jobs or whatever they're tasked to do in an inferior way; but it happens. EoN are OGs in the industry and given their years of experience I'm not happy nor impressed with what they've been doing. I feel they're falling short and at the very basic level too. They need to do better.

The talk of ‘putting Bond back on the map’, is also ill considered. Bond was firmly back on the map just two films ago, in a huge way.

2 films ago was more than half a decade ago. My daughter was born that year and now she's doing gymnastics and horseback riding. A lot has changed since then and when tge media isnt making their obtuse pronouncements about casting a new Bond, Bond just feels like an after thought only carried by the weight of his past, hence the terrible and failed attempts at call backs to a by gone era. This is less absence makes the heart grow fonder and more out of sight out of mind.
    The decision was to try and capture that magic again by assembling an equally strong team, many of whom delivered the first time around. It didn’t work out, but I can’t criticise them for hiring a team that, on paper, should have delivered. They move on. It’s a lot harder to produce on the ground, than it is from behind a computer screen in your pyjamas.

The 2 biggest problems for me is the writing and the mismanagement of duties from the producers. They've been slacking and that's what I'm aware of; and they need to stop that mess and start coming correct with a firmer grip on their situation.
    After the reception of SP I expect them to adjust accordingly.

That would be fantastic and IF they do, hopefully they can maintain a level of consistency instead of their tired routine of moving forward and then backsliding, rinse and repeat. We all hope for the best but we'll see.

From a position of experience I’m just putting forward a case to be positive. They haven’t made two brilliant films in a row since the 60s, so the oscillation in quality is nothing new. The issue appears to be larger gaps, causing heightened exasperation - any mistakes they make take longer to rectify, which appears to magnify them in the minds of some fans. Is that true of the general audience? I don’t believe so.

Bingo. Thank you.
    I agree, Peter. Thoughts other then pure negativity might not be welcome here anymore.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    You're always welcome.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited March 2018 Posts: 4,554
    Germanlady wrote: »
    I agree, Peter. Thoughts other then pure negativity might not be welcome here anymore.

It sure seems that way.

It's been five years since Arctic Monkeys released an album. Shall we complain about Alex Turner's wasted time on art crap like The Last Shadow Puppets?
    Harsh but quite funny and seemingly not entirely unjustified.

The second chair on the left is rigged to blow.
    kinky
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Germanlady wrote: »

Everyone's thoughts are welcome no matter what their opinion unless I missed something and an EON led putsch took over the government so criticism of them is punishable by death?

After SP EON have a lot to make up for so any positivity has to be earned from now on not blindly given for free like in the past.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited March 2018 Posts: 15,423
    Was that tweet from the MI6 twitter meant to have a jab at the production process? or is it an actual image?
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 1,031
    Was that tweet from the MI6 twitter meant to have a jab at the production process? or is it an actual image?

I think it's disrespectful.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Looking back at the production timeline thread for Spectre we were definitely ahead of where we are now (in March 2014), but not that much ahead.
    Mendes was on board, but the first draft of the script was only just complete, and Broccoli was stating they were hoping to secure their actor for the villain role 'in a couple of months'.

https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/5144/spectre-production-timeline
  • RC7RC7

It’s just a google image. Nowhere in Pinewood or EON looks like that.
    edited March 2018 Posts: 9,117
    I think the poster might have been exaggerating for comic effect. Are people really feeling that starved of info they thought this was serious?
    edited March 2018 Posts: 8,079
    NicNac wrote: »
    Looking back at the production timeline thread for Spectre we were definitely ahead of where we are now (in March 2014), but not that much ahead.
    Mendes was on board, but the first draft of the script was only just complete, and Broccoli was stating they were hoping to secure their actor for the villain role 'in a couple of months'.

https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/5144/spectre-production-timeline

But they had an extra year this time compared with SPECTRE, and they have the benefit of learning from that experience and making sure not to repeat the same mistakes. Nonetheless, here we are...
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    I guess all we can hope for is that Eon have become very good at stopping leaks getting out, and in reality have a script and are in deep discussions with their chosen director.

Yea I know...
  • RC7RC7
    I think the poster might have been exaggerating for comic effect. Are people really feeling that starved of info they thought this was serious?

Let’s hope not.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    edited March 2018 Posts: 6,716
    They also released this poster:

5VvYN8N.jpg

Exciting stuff.
    mattjoes wrote: »

5VvYN8N.jpg

Exciting stuff.

Great stuff.
    edited March 2018 Posts: 9,117

5VvYN8N.jpg

Exciting stuff.

Is that for real?

Ironically it's not much worse than most of the posters of the past 10 years.

5VvYN8N.jpg

Exciting stuff.

That must have taken someone what, all of 2 minutes to create. The posters for the Craig films have been rather dull affairs.
    Dennison wrote: »

5VvYN8N.jpg

Exciting stuff.

That must have taken someone what, all of 2 minutes to create. The posters for the Craig films have been rather dull affairs.

That's a whole minute longer than the SP posters.
    Dennison wrote: »

5VvYN8N.jpg

Exciting stuff.

That's a whole minute longer than the SP posters.

True!
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I'd love to know how some members would've coped before the Internet gave us rolling info.
    Yes it's annoying that we have a lack of info for Bond 25.
    But EON aren't obligated to tell us anything. We have no right to information because we're 'James Bond fans'
    I'll admit some of their recent efforts have been up and down for me, but I still believe the Brocolli/ Wilson family can and will deliver a Bond film.
    In some ways the surprise element makes it a little exciting. Maybe as in the old days, it would be good to see a trailer, then a few months later see the finished film.
    Benny wrote: »
    I'd love to know how some members would've coped before the Internet gave us rolling info.
    But EON aren't obligated to tell us anything. We have no right to information because we're 'James Bond fans'
    I'll admit some of their recent efforts have been up and down for me, but I still believe the Brocolli/ Wilson family can and will deliver a Bond film.
    In some ways the surprise element makes it a little exciting. Maybe as in the old days, it would be good to see a trailer, then a few months later see the finished film.

Thank you, couldn't agree more. Also wasn't Apted only signed in the summer of 1998 for TWINE? They haven't even started pre-production proper yet either.

Very true.

How some of the people on here would have survived 89-95 God knows. Absolutely nothing apart from 007 magazine approx once a year during that hiatus.

Very true.

How some of the people on here would have survived 89-95 God knows. Absolutely nothing apart from 007 magazine approx once a year during that hiatus.

In those days communication was verbal/telephone or letter wasn't it ?

Nowadays,threads like these can cause mass hysteria !!