No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• I don't get what "no clear ideas" means at all to be honest. DAD is stupid but it's coherent, the story is easy to follow and there are loads of memorable concepts there.
  • edited November 2017 Posts: 11,119
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I personally think DAD is a Bond film for dumb-asses :-).

Maybe you shouldn't think in the first place. So?

Maybe you should have properly edited your remark @Creasy47. You are indeed right that you never talked bad about those liking SP. But to be very honest, you are not the kind of moderator who, at times at least, shows some empathy for those who want to change the course of the forum a bit. In a way that's a bit more positive-spirited for all, and a bit more welcoming for those who have been here much longer and who, sometimes, represent a slight minority voice here. If I would have said "I personally think SP is a Bond film for dumb-asses", not many would have opposed that, regardless of your so called 'neutral' attitude here.

I have asked tens of times to change certain things on this forum. And to you I was most of the time closest, regardless of certain differences of opinion. Whether it was a proposal to create a more streamlined posting norm for topics about new movies or new TV series, or looking more at the overal conventional content of posts, without blindly staring at the "ff-word", basically triggering warnings at my address. Not to mention all those personal unanswered greetings to you (If you can spend so much time here, then by all means don't talk so much nonsense about being so busy), or all those lengthy posts from me that by many are seen as 'empty shite', So sorry for sounding 'negative' at times, but there comes a time that I don't care so much anymore. Especially not after that trashed out topic about the petition I made. I topic I spent so much time at.

In my humble opinion, I can name of a few forummembers in here that deserve more warnings than my occasional "ff-word" being taken out of context completely.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited November 2017 Posts: 40,473
    You and Wiz are getting the quotes messed up, as you've both quoted something that wasn't part of my remarks at all.

I do find it a bit funny that so many are self made experts on moderating all of a sudden. And there you go again, spouting off about positivity and having a positive mind, while getting negative and personal. Quit trying to drag private conversarions into a public forum, especially when you've gotten on people's asses for doing the same thing in the past. I've asked you before not to do it.

Consistency goes a long way. And if you had made that statement in any regard about any movie, I would've reacted with the exact same statement. Surely you can admit the hypocrisy in preaching positivity while simultaneously calling people dumbasses and simple minded because they like a certain film?
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    Dan really should have at least tried to ski before the idea was scrapped.

He said in an interview that he doesn't know how to ski.
    Was it the one with Charlie Rose, @Red_Snow?

I don't recall off the top of my head, sorry.

I thought I read it in print, but it might have been an article about that appearance.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited November 2017 Posts: 9,117
    You and Wiz are getting the quotes messed up, as you've both quoted something that wasn't part of my remarks at all.

I do apologise old chap. That of course was one of Gustav's nuanced and positive spirited gems. Fixed it.

I do apologise old chap. That of course was one of Gustav's nuanced and positive spirited gems. Fixed it.

No worries, thanks for the fix!
  • Creasy47 wrote: »

I do find it a bit funny that so many are self made experts on moderating all of a sudden. And there you go again, spouting off about positivity and having a positive mind, while getting negative and personal. Quit trying to drag private conversarions into a public forum, especially when you've gotten on people's asses for doing the same thing in the past. I've asked you before not to do it.

Consistency goes a long way. And if you had made that statement in any regard about any movie, I would've reacted with the exact same statement. Surely you can admit the hypocrisy in preaching positivity while simultaneously calling people dumbasses and simple minded because they like a certain film?

You make it sound like I'm some kind of retard, like I'm schizofrenic or something. Well, in a way I'm certainly not an easy person to handle. But also you understand that positivity and negativity don't happen at the same time. And that one thing follows the other, that one thing is the result of something else.

In all honesty, I was very positive all up to the moment people fell over my "dumb-ass"-comment. But what do you expect, if in here there's quite a large majority who just keep bashing one filmover and over again. Even I don't do that with DAD. I prefer talking about the films I love, instead of a constant pool of negativity that's not even constructive.

Consistency goes indeed a long way. But you are a moderator and I am not. And I think, for the sake of peace, you as a moderator are not able to maintain a balance between free speech and a positive, constructive attitude. You have certain instruments to steer a forum in more joyful waters, I am not. That's why I have been calling upon you to do something about it. Call it "being preachy" or whatever you want. I tried at least to think with moderators, and offer them some help. Not for the sake of offering myself as a moderator, but to better the atmosphere on this forum.....especially in this topic.

So forgive me, but if you ridicule my like that, then you facilitate negativity. And while I can expect that from rather new forummembers or any other forummember for that sake, I would have expected more from you. And I know some of your moderator-colleagues have my respect to that respect; they keep being nice and diplomatic ( @DarthDimi ).

I also think that being personal on a forum is not Always by default bad...like you make it to be. I for instance was Always interested in your work, your studies. I was worried about you getting a job, when you felt rather negative. I even offered some help! Obviously it's your choice to do whatever you like to do with such a helping hand......but do not call me a negative nitwit then. That's a prime example of being both personal and empathic.friendly/positive!
    Any chance of somebody changing the channel? It seems to have got stuck on tedious self pitying sanctimony.
    Channel changing is more than needed. Back on topic everybody.
  • Any chance of somebody changing the channel? It seems to have got stuck on tedious self pitying sanctimony.

It is you...who at times should get an official warning from moderators. If I irritate so many people, then people should read your cynism. At times it works, and it even brings a happy note in here. But on so many occasions it falls on deaf ears, or is plain insulting.

Not to mention the fact that @Creasy47 is ignoring me like I'm some kind of parasite.
  • SeanCraigSeanCraig Germany
    DAD may be more entertaining than SP (I actually like the first half quite much) but SP is way more beautifully photographed. SP has the better Q scenes but the plot of DAD is still better than fosterbrothergate.

SP‘s first half is very much ok - same with DAD. Both movies crash totally collapse at a certain point (SP right after L‘americain, DAD after or at the clinic scenes).

Both movies have one more thing in common: They don‘t suit Craig‘s interpretation of the James Bond character. That‘s the most critical thing I hope the writers realize - that they have to change the tone back to what worked well with Craig.
    SeanCraig wrote: »
    DAD may be more entertaining than SP (I actually like the first half quite much) but SP is way more beautifully photographed. SP has the better Q scenes but the plot of DAD is still better than fosterbrothergate.

SP‘s first half is very much ok - same with DAD. Both movies crash totally collapse at a certain point (SP right after L‘americain, DAD after or at the clinic scenes).

Both movies have one more thing in common: They don‘t suit Craig‘s interpretation of the James Bond character. That‘s the most critical thing I hope the writers realize - that they have to change the tone back to what worked well with Craig.

Shouldn't this community rant maybe be moved to the Ranting thread I created...that's what I created it for,so threads like this wouldn't be damaged.

Members obviously have problems here so take it to the Ranting thread peeps/
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    "Also regarding the previous comment the idea SP is comparable to DAD is laughable."

It certainly is. Simply because DAD is so much better to watch. Say what you want about it( and you're probably true with much of it )but one thing it is not guilty off. It is not boring. It takes you on a ride from the first minute to the last without anyone ever getting dour in it. It also never pretends to be more than a Bond movie. Oh God, I miss these days!
    Let me also add that back in 2002 I met many that made jokes about that tsunami scene, but no one said it was a bad - let alone boring - movie. Just the opposite in fact. Everybody felt greatly entertained.

oh it takes you for a ride alright. ;) lol
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    i'm sorry, but this was my reaction reading through those 3 or 4 pages...

jackson-im-just-here-to-read-the-comments-14.jpg

@Gustav_Graves .... i think you really need to chill and eat a Snickers - because you are not yourself... seriously tho, you need to watch how you word what you say.. if your intention wasn't to piss anyone off, then saying "DAD is a film for dumbasses." isn't going to illicit the response you want to get - which it didn't, and people were justifiably insulted - just like you would get if someone turned around and said "SF and SP are films for dumbasses." .....personally, I don't care for DAD - but i am not going to insult or ridicule those who do.. i might call into question their taste in movies, in jest... but i am not going to insult or denigrate their opinion, because it doesn't fall in line with mine..... but, if you were aiming to kick the hornet's nest, then congrats, mission accomplished on your part...

... and calling out mods is never a bright idea.. @Creasy47 has always been a straight forward and fair individual since I joined these forums back in 2009.... and you've been here for how long now?.. you know @TheWizardOfIce loves to take the piss.. he's done it to us all.. if you are going to let it get you so badly, I suggest coming back with a little thicker skin..
    HASEROT wrote: »
    if you are going to let it get you so badly, I suggest coming back with a little thicker skin..

If we're all so awful and constantly spouting negativity @Gustav you could always leave here and sign up for the Greg Beam forum where they make it a maxim to only deal with nice people.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    if you are going to let it get you so badly, I suggest coming back with a little thicker skin..

If we're all so awful and constantly spouting negativity @Gustav you could always leave here and sign up for the Greg Beam forum where they make it a maxim to only deal with nice people.

:))
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    1199 Bond films?
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Bond 1199 Production Diary:

"Bond 1198 is awful, it's in my bottom 200. I asked around in my galaxy to make sure everyone else hates it and they do. At least back in the day, Spectre didn't try to be intelligent, ambitious or sombre. It was quite unpretentious."

"Bond 1198 is the worst Bond film ever! I wish David Broccoli-Nolan, Jr., Jr. would take a hike. Making Moneypenny the cousin of the brother of Gareth Mallory's first girlfriend? How could he approve such an idea? And what's with Ray Kinnear-Taubman? He is so wooden he is almost a frickin' robot. Oh, he actually is one."

"Come on, guys, let's not be so negative. The attitude toward the Bond films wasn't like this 8,000 years ago, I'm sure!"

"I think Bond 1198 is good. Yeah, that Moneypenny twist was ugly, but the rest was good."
  • There is no way they will have reached Bond #1,199 eight thousand years from now.
    There is no way they will have reached Bond #1,199 eight thousand years from now.

Never say never (again).

Of course by then Moonraker will look like a documentary.
    Revelator wrote: »

you mean a period piece lol.
  • Revelator wrote: »
    There is no way they will have reached Bond #1,199 eight thousand years from now.

Never say never (again).

I shudder to think of a future filled with double-taking pigeons.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Revelator wrote: »

Never say never (again).

This is the future we're talking about. Dream big. Triple-taking pigeons.
  • Revelator wrote: »

Never say never (again).

This is the future we're talking about. Dream big. Triple-taking pigeons.

Forget dream big. That's nightmare big.
    mattjoes wrote: »

"Bond 1198 is awful, it's in my bottom 200. I asked around in my galaxy to make sure everyone else hates it and they do. At least back in the day, Spectre didn't try to be intelligent, ambitious or sombre. It was quite unpretentious."

"Bond 1198 is the worst Bond film ever! I wish David Broccoli-Nolan, Jr., Jr. would take a hike. Making Moneypenny the cousin of the brother of Gareth Mallory's first girlfriend? How could he approve such an idea? And what's with Ray Kinnear-Taubman? He is so wooden he is almost a frickin' robot. Oh, he actually is one."

"Come on, guys, let's not be so negative. The attitude toward the Bond films wasn't like this 8,000 years ago, I'm sure!"

"I think Bond 1198 is good. Yeah, that Moneypenny twist was ugly, but the rest was good."
    mattjoes wrote: »

Loving Ray Kinnear-Taubman!
    Getafix wrote: »
    Ottofuse8 wrote: »
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Getafix wrote: »
    echo wrote: »
    FoxRox wrote: »
    I predict the next actor does 2.

Agreed. Craig and CR will be a tough act to follow.
    Earlier: where @TripAces says the buck stops with the producers (as responsible for the creative decisions that make it on screen): I believe it means the buck stops with the producers (they're responsible).
    And I totally agree.

Ah right having read it again I think you're correct. It was just with the general anti negativity theme of his post I got it into my head he was trying to defend them. But absolutely - I agree too. The shoddily written buck does indeed stop with them.

It's really unclear to me why Babs and MGW (1) didn't nix Stepbrothergate (2) didn't see the lack of chemistry between Craig and Seydoux in the casting process and (3) didn't complain about the reused score in the pretitles, for God's sake! Even on the rare occasion when Barry would reuse a track it was around 2/3 of the way through the film.

My guess? They ceded too much creative control to Craig and Mendes, which is why I'd prefer that that duo be split up for Bond 25.

If any one from EON does ever check out these pages they will no doubt be having a good chuckle.

They've just had two of the most commercially successful entries in the series and every other post on here is saying how wrong they got it.

DAD was commercially successful and look what happened - Devoid of any creative competence, the removal of their very popular leading man and a 4 year hiatus.

EoN aren't going to hear anything negative about SF. It was s huge critical and commercial success. SP OTOH was a messy joke. They F'd up in a very colossal and pronounced way. For all the goodwill and hard work CR re-established SO what all over it in the most careless and worse way possible. Urgh.
    Have to agree. Sorry but I do consider SP a complete failure, one of 4 actually bad bond films. Sure there is a good film somewhere within it, some great scenes (pts, train fight, etc) but the film as a whole doesnt work. Its let down by bad pacing, unjustified drama, bad plot developments such as brothergate (notice that this isbt listed first), campiness, bad villain, and even disappointing action with a few exceptions. So yes I do consider SP to be a failure, contrary to some claims that one can't do so. I like sf by the way. Yes sp was commercially successful, relatively, but I don't care about commercial sucess except insofar as it influences the next film. Spectre did not deserve either its commercial or critical reception, and I hope bond 25 is more in the vein of cr and sf.

"Complete failure"? This is just hyperbole that undercuts any valid points you are making.

Also regarding the previous comment the idea SP is comparable to DAD is laughable.

It just underlines what I said previously which is that valid criticism of SP has turned into an echo chamber of alternative facts where SP is amongst the worst in the series and a total failure.

"Also regarding the previous comment the idea SP is comparable to DAD is laughable."

It certainly is. Simply because DAD is so much better to watch. Say what you want about it( and you're probably true with much of it )but one thing it is not guilty off. It is not boring. It takes you on a ride from the first minute to the last without anyone ever getting dour in it. It also never pretends to be more than a Bond movie. Oh God, I miss these days!
    Let me also add that back in 2002 I met many that made jokes about that tsunami scene, but no one said it was a bad - let alone boring - movie. Just the opposite in fact. Everybody felt greatly entertained.

There is an element of truth to this. In a way, DAD is perhaps the least boring of all the Brosnan films. That's why I always put TWINE at the absolute bottom of my rankings - a total snore fest from start to finish. I know what you mean about SP but there's enough in there to elevate it above DAD. That's my view any way.
    1199 Bond films?

We will be lucky to get 30 films at this rate,CD ...

• HASEROT wrote: »

I'm sorry, but I don't get the joke. Blame my English for it. Would you care to explain it to me?
    edited November 2017 Posts: 4,399

I'm sorry, but I don't get the joke. Blame my English for it. Would you care to explain it to me?

to "take someone for a ride", means to deceive or cheat someone.
  • HASEROT wrote: »

to "take someone for a ride", means to deceive or cheat someone.

Oh, I see. Thanks a lot.