No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• True, plus not all mods seem to be on the same page re: spoilers, as DarthDimi posted the title many times on the previous page.
    Spoilertags should only be used regarding plot details, excluding the official tagline.
    Pattinson as Bond is what I would call
    — ——- C O M P L E T E
    - — B U L L O C K S
    - ——- — —- 7
    Music composed by Burt Bacharach, and performed by Herb Alpert and The Tijuana Brass

I know it was meant as a joke, but that's some quality musicians right there!
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    — ——- C O M P L E T E
    - — B U L L O C K S
    - ——- — —- 7

qv70z947tan21.png

Starring Sandra Bullock as the first female James Bond and Idris Elba as the first male Moneypenny.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited March 2019 Posts: 15,423
    — ——- C O M P L E T E
    - — B U L L O C K S
    - ——- — —- 7
    Music composed by Burt Bacharach, and performed by Herb Alpert and The Tijuana Brass
    Indeed they are! :D

Big Herb Alpert fan myself!
    Maybe this is considered off topic, but Eva Green had some very kind words for Babs in her latest interview for Dumbo.
    It was such a big movie — a big machine. I was new and very nervous. I very much remember the love of producer Barbara Broccoli, actually. She’s one of the best I’ve worked with, I have to say. She has so much heart and she really took me under her wing and protected me. Of course, she’s at the head of a big machine, but what I love about her is she cares. It’s not just money; she’s quite rare. Due to that love, it was very wonderful — and of course, all the traveling. My first scene was in the Bahamas so I had to pinch myself. Then Venice and Prague. It was big in a beautiful way.
    She says she initially turned down Vesper Lynd...
    I said, “Ugh, a Bond girl? What kind of prissy girl is that?” They also kept the script secret. So it wasn’t until they gave me the script that I realized it was a meaty role. I didn't see her as a Bond girl. She’s a strong character; she’s got cracks. I liked her, so of course I’ll go and audition.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited March 2019 Posts: 13,930
    — ——- C O M P L E T E
    - — B U L L O C K S
    - ——- — —- 7

qv70z947tan21.png
    That can't be the title, simply because the abbreviation is CB. It would drive the Carte Blanche fans *nuts*.
    Fascinating interview, and a lot of us may not see exactly eye to eye with Barbara's perspective on the character, but I've always loved the fact she was always a caring person and treated the cast and crew like family.

However, why is it every time someone hears "Bond Girl" is immediately triggered, taking it as if it means "Bond's harem of bimbo women"? It certainly is not.
    Exactly, Clark. It's a mystery, and very annoying. I can't think of one Bond girl who is unintelligent.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 6,677
    However, why is it every time someone hears "Bond Girl" is immediately triggered, taking it as if it means "Bond's harem of bimbo women"? It certainly is not.

No idea ;)
    https://images.app.goo.gl/kHLvKFNsXK81ZRgS7
    https://images.app.goo.gl/mHms17ndbW6Tsg1B6

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited March 2019 Posts: 23,547
    True, plus not all mods seem to be on the same page re: spoilers, as DarthDimi posted the title many times on the previous page.

I don't think a rumoured title counts as a spoiler. It's not story material, is it? So what if the sun or moon gets blocked from our view?
    @ShakenNotStirred has a point though. It was already established by other moderators that whether someone thinks it's a spoiler or not, it must still be tagged.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited March 2019 Posts: 5,185
    QBranch wrote: »
    Exactly, Clark. It's a mystery, and very annoying. I can't think of one Bond girl who is unintelligent.

Well, to be fair, every new Bond girl does a pretty good job of calling all her predecessors dumb bimbos lol
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    00Agent wrote: »
    QBranch wrote: »

Well, to be fair, every new Bond girl does a pretty good job of calling her predecessors dumb bimbos lol

Even Talisa Soto.
    — ——- C O M P L E T E
    - — B U L L O C K S
    - ——- — —- 7
    Indeed they are! :D

Big Herb Alpert fan myself!

Don't mind a bit of Herb Alpert music myself either. I often listen to Herb Alpert while cooking dinner. Great music to cook by!
    Univex wrote: »
    No idea ;)
    https://images.app.goo.gl/kHLvKFNsXK81ZRgS7
    https://images.app.goo.gl/mHms17ndbW6Tsg1B6
    That just means he's good in bed. And women love him for it. ;)
    — ——- C O M P L E T E
    - — B U L L O C K S
    - ——- — —- 7

qv70z947tan21.png

Hahaha
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited March 2019 Posts: 1,756
    Fascinating interview, and a lot of us may not see exactly eye to eye with Barbara's perspective on the character, but I've always loved the fact she was always a caring person and treated the cast and crew like family.

I can't really think of many Bond girls who are actually good characters. I can count on one hand ones that actually have an ounce of depth and are interesting outside of their connection to Bond.

If I were a serious actress, and someone told me about the role of a Bond girl, just simply implies I wouldn't really be a character but just an ego inflater.

However, it's kind of hard to get past the Bond girl notion whichever way you slice it.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 9,770
    RC7 wrote: »

. is way to short of a title

What do you think Barbara’s perspective on the character is?
    I think, presumably on my part, she goes for "more humane" and "less Roger Moore" as she demonstrated with the Craig era of Bond films (Well, a bit too much for my tastes) that makes him too vulnerable for every tragic turnout. That's how I see it in a nutshell.

I think, presumably on my part, she goes for "more humane" and "less Roger Moore" as she demonstrated with the Craig era of Bond films (Well, a bit too much for my tastes) that makes him too vulnerable for every tragic turnout. That's how I see it in a nutshell.

I agree. Personally I found Sir Roger's performances quite humane in subtle ways, therefore more effective than some of the emotional turmoil of Craig's Bond.
    For instance, Bond finding Vijay's corpse. The emotion and regret is all there in Roger's performance, but it's subtle.
    ToTheRight wrote: »

I agree. Personally I found Sir Roger's performances quite humane in subtle ways, therefore more effective than some of the emotional turmoil of Craig's Bond.
    For instance, Bond finding Vijay's corpse. The emotion and regret is all there in Roger's performance, but it's subtle.
    +1
    They way Roger delivers "Did he say anything?' he's almost holding back tears, but is able to compose himself and get back to business with Q.
    That's an important element in Bond's character, IMO. As a trained assassin, and Royal Navy commander he should be able to handle any situation that comes his way regardless of how it affects him emotionally, and stay focused on the assignment at hand. We don't really need to see Bond sobbing whenever someone he cares for is killed. To me it's more effective to see a brief glimpse of emotion, then him quickly compose himself and get it together. Connery is great at that acting skill in GF with Jill Masterson.
    "And that's for 009" is another great bit in Octopussy.
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    They way Roger delivers "Did he say anything?' he's almost holding back tears, but is able to compose himself and get back to business with Q.
    That's an important element in Bond's character, IMO. As a trained assassin, and Royal Navy commander he should be able to handle any situation that comes his way regardless of how it affects him emotionally, and stay focused on the assignment at hand. We don't really need to see Bond sobbing whenever someone he cares for is killed. To me it's more effective to see a brief glimpse of emotion, then him quickly compose himself and get it together. Connery is great at that acting skill in GF with Jill Masterson.
    +1. I couldn't have said it any better. Well said, sir.
    MooreFun wrote: »
    "And that's for 009" is another great bit in Octopussy.
    Agreed. The 00s do avenge one another.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 9,770
    shobair wrote: »
    The user on Mandy.com ( Berth Herd ) is lack of attention and just put some unofficial title to his profile to be attention by the news

wait what so
    Eclipse

Was a hoax?
    Filming begins in 5 days.
  • DaltonforyouDaltonforyou The Daltonator
    Filming begins in 5 days.
    Yes, that is a factual statement.

RogueAgent wrote: »
    I am holding out for an unused Fleming title.

If the title actually is Eclipse, somebody will dig through the Fleming stories, find an instance where he used the word eclipse and proclaim it a Fleming title.

Lol! That would be farcical. Would not rule that out though!
    — ——- C O M P L E T E
    - — B U L L O C K S
    - ——- — —- 7

qv70z947tan21.png

Love it! Logo included too! Lol!
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires

You can see in one of the DAD behind the scenes videos how she hurries down to cover Halle Berry in a blanket after she shot a scene in bikini during a cold day in Cádiz (scene where she escapes Dr. Álvarez's guards).

Indeed, she took after his father on that one. Cubby cared a lot for his actors and actresses and made everything possible to make them feel comfortable on the set.