No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Come on!! A random character in GI Joe vs the &#%& TITLE of a Twilight movie.

Well, there are several other films called Eclipse, including an Antonioni and Méliès one, so it's not like 'Eclipse' is uniquely tied to Twilight.

And even if it were, it's not like we are intellectually incapable of watching a new film with a title that was used before. Bad Boys, Avengers, even Twilight itself are examples.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    AgentM72 wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »
    DJCLE84 wrote: »
    Denbigh wrote: »
    DJCLE84 wrote: »
    do we seriously need to keep spoiler tagging this new "rumored" title... i mean logically - that would mean that any new rumor - regardless of how credible or not it is - would have to be spoiler tagged.. the discussion board would look like one giant spoiler thread when it's really all nothing but conjecture...

... i say we move on from abusing the spoiler tag - unless it is something that is a legit spoiler - like the outcome of the plot for Bond 25 - things like that... because seriously - what is title (real or not) really spoiling anyway??
    I see your point but I personally believe it should stay in the tags. I'm sure there are some members who quite happily visit this page to see how the film's doing, but would like the title to be a big reveal at the conference. Let's not be selfish just because people can't be bothered to put a word in a box.

Yes, its a rumour but rumours can end up being true, as much as I would like this one not to be. To me, like other members, a James Bond title should be unique and have its own identity.

i don't think its me being selfish - just practical and logical.. like i said - rumors fly through here at a mile a minute, and are even headlined on the main homepage.. if said individual was that bothered or concerned about being spoiled until some conference reveal - then why come to a website at all that heavily discusses news and rumors on a daily basis until the day of?... does that make sense? (i dont know).. tagging a "rumored" title i just feel is pointless - because like i said, if that be the case - then every single bit of rumored news from now on should get the same spoiler tags.

My two cents is that they want the unmentionable title hidden for another reason, more linked to leaks and documents and kind of sensitive matter instead of being a spoiler per se. Just guessing.
    I can see why you'd think that, but it is genuinely because many members have requested the leaked title to be in spoiler tags as they want to be surprised when it is finally revealed to the public. Those who are annoyed with the tags will just have to suck it up for a few more weeks.

Am I reading too much between the lines here @jake24 in wondering if you're suggesting that it is, in fact, the title? ;)
    I couldn't possibly know that.
    I can bet that its the title
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    My source tells me it will be called The Living Twilights.

I like Rooney Mara, but she's a tad too famous and a bit too mousy looking for a Bond girl imo. Beautiful but not in a Bond girl way.
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    Indeed the Twilight sparklers don't hold a monopoly on the word eclipse. At least Bond could elevate the word to a title worthy of its ominous and strong meaning/sound.

I'm sorry to all, again, for I came up with the title in August 2018 on MI6community. Surely someone at EoN took notice of my brilliance and stole my idea ;) As I mentioned then, I still like it and for the reason it: sounds good with a strong S (like skyfall, spectre), has 007 letters and sounds like the ending of Craig's tenure - closure. I wouldn't be surprised if this indeed is the title, thus meaning I can collect my millions.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Highly doubt it will be called that. It sounds less Bondian than WaveLink...
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    I am holding out for an unused Fleming title.

If the title actually is Eclipse, somebody will dig through the Fleming stories, find an instance where he used the word eclipse and proclaim it a Fleming title.

My thoughts exactly. Everyone wants a 'true' Fleming title. Whatever the heck 'true' even means.

I agree that the phrase "true Fleming title" is a bit vague and ultimately pointless. But I will say that when I think of a "Fleming-esque" title, I just think of a word or phrase that you could do any search for and only find that particular Bond novel or movie as the search result. With the exception of The Living Daylights (which is an expression) and Spectre (which is indeed Fleming-esque but also just a general word), if you search any other Bond movie title, you will only get that movie as a result. I think the trouble with this new possible title is that it's just another word/phrase, albeit a cool-sounding one.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 4,400
    Speaking of Twilight, Robert Pattinson just got cast as one of the leads of Christopher Nolan's next film. Not to mention that he's a frontrunner to be the new Batman:

He's such a terrific actor and someone I think would be perfect as Craig's replacement. He's my frontrunner for Bond #7. But fanboys just see him as the Twilight guy for some reason.

Meanwhile...Rami Malek has been filming in New York for Mr Robot. He'd have been filming for at least 6/7 weeks before Bond 25 starts shooting:
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6825323/Rami-Malek-puts-animated-display-filming-final-season-Mr-Robot.html
    11171076-6825323-image-m-46_1552984812344.jpg
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited March 2019 Posts: 10,588
    It'll be interesting to see if Malek will have to retain his Mr. Robot look for B25 (at least hair-wise), given both productions are will be filming simultaneously.
    Speaking of Twilight, Robert Pattinson just got cast as one of the leads of Christopher Nolan's next film. Not to mention that he's a frontrunner to be the new Batman:

He's such a terrific actor and someone I think would be perfect as Craig's replacement. He's my frontrunner for Bond #7. But fanboys just see him as the Twilight guy for some reason.

That's terrific casting by Nolan. I can't wait to find out more about that film.

Agree with you on Pattinson's suitability for Bond too, especially since he'd bring a pre-existing fan following with him.

Perhaps the great Christopher Nolan is laying down an early bet? ;)
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Pattinson as the next Bond. I'd rather chew on manure.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 820

Haha, fair enough!

I'm just so desensitized to any pre-casting assumptions, now. I certainly don't begrudge others for holding them -- but we've all lived through Daniel Craig, Heath Ledger, and Ben Affleck reactions that ultimately became (I think) widely accepted as ridiculous.

Any actor in any part deserves a chance. And Pattinson, in particular, has really made an effort to reinvent himself post-Twilight to show off his range and abilities.

He may not be as much of a casting slam dunk type-wise for Bond as, say, Cavill (who I'd also love to see), but I'd be interested to see what he could do with 007.

The world as gonne mad. Bonkers. Marbels lost. That’s all.

That being said, he his a good actor, I’ll give him that. But he’s not Bond material.
    I don't mind him as an actor,per se,but as 007 ?!

No way.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    I don't mind him as an actor,per se,but as 007 ?!

No way.

Exactly! +1
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires
    edited March 2019 Posts: 544

Spotted that one last night. Apparently this dude also made fake casting calls for Avengers and others.
    Agreed.
  • DaltonforyouDaltonforyou The Daltonator
    edited March 2019 Posts: 308
    Pattinson as Bond is what I would call
    — ——- C O M P L E T E
    - — B O L L O C K S
    - ——- — —- 7
    — ——- C O M P L E T E
    - — B U L L O C K S
    - ——- — —- 7
    Music composed by Burt Bacharach, and performed by Herb Alpert and The Tijuana Brass
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I want @Daltonforyou's title for B25. Feels legit enough. ;-)
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited March 2019 Posts: 2,541

Might as well cast Jamie dornan for 8th bond. Feels weird even thinking about it.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    edited March 2019 Posts: 1,165
    Don’t let Twilight trick ya; Robert Pattinson is quite a decent little actor.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited March 2019 Posts: 2,541
    I want a great potential and unknown contender to replace Daniel. Decent actors have other franchise for it.
    ...And just because one is theoretically a decent actor doesn't mean he's suitable for any role that comes.
    We do have a thread for this. It’s the one where Aidan Turner wins every time ;) You’ll find it right at the top of the thread’s listing. lol Back to the 25th.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    edited March 2019 Posts: 2,630
    — ——- C O M P L E T E
    - — B U L L O C K S
    - ——- — —- 7

qv70z947tan21.png
    I am asking the defenders of this rumoured title to list all the official Bond movie titles that are more bland than this. I'm waiting...

Thunder-ball
    Moon-raker
    Sky-fall

Seing a naturetheme here.

E-clipse? Hmm....
    Spoiler tags...
    Ottofuse8 wrote: »
    Spoiler tags...

that is a weird title but it sounds cool

Spoiler Tags
    Ottofuse8 wrote: »
    Spoiler tags...

The title is all over the news and the internets, but on a Bond forum, in a thread where people read and discuss the production it's suppose to be spoilermaterial? That's like arguing that people who go to the zoo, should be warned that they risk seeing animals behind bars!