No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• HildebrandRarityHildebrandRarity Centre international d'assistance aux personnes déplacées, Paris, France
    And if the actual title turns out to be crap, somebody will find the word "crap"in his works and proclaim it a Fleming title.
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires

Sorry, but I prefer my logo...
    b25-eclipse-by-ns.png
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    DJCLE84 wrote: »
    here's a question....

what do you guys think is their aversion to using any of the titles from the continuation novels? - because i am sure if they really wanted to, they could.... would you even like to see them use any of those titles?

@DJCLE84 ... I actually think the Dynamite graphic novels are even better. KILL CHAIN is awesome. HAMMERHEAD and BLACK BOX are good too.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Could this be the working title that will be used on set in Norway? Seeing as filming will probably take place before the title is announced?
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Could this be the working title that will be used on set in Norway? Seeing as filming will probably take place before the title is announced?

I say Yes. Good thinking.
    It’s the title but for those of us who prefer a title like the property of a lady I have one thing to say

If at first you don’t suffer mr wint
    Try try again mr kidd
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 416
    does anyone think my findings of the domain site any good. is a bit odd a site coming soon with the title and movie in the wording
    @Gareth007 it could just be a coincidence. I wouldn't say it is absolutely going to be Eclipse just because of this, but it is interesting nonetheless and does give this story a bit more depth. I personally hope they don't use the title but we'll see.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond

Sorry, but I prefer my logo...
    b25-eclipse-by-ns.png

Agreed. You’ve definitely got more of an artistic flair.
    This is likely the title. if so we've haven't had a title longer than one word since 2007/2008
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    This is likely the title. if so we've haven't had a title longer than one word since 2007/2008

......and, IMO probably won't have one for another decade or more afterwards.
    I'm really standing by my bad gut feeling this will be the only Bond film released in the 2020's.
    ToTheRight wrote: »

I'm really standing by my bad gut feeling this will be the only Bond film released in the 2020's.
    That would be ten whole years. I would think 2023/2024 maybe?
    ToTheRight wrote: »

That would be ten whole years. I would think 2023/2024 maybe?

I'd think 2023 at the earliest, but this new film is following the 2nd longest gap, and if there's a re-cast next time, I imagine an even longer break. In addition, the films are diminishing per decade. I'm not holding my breath for much after B25.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    do we seriously need to keep spoiler tagging this new "rumored" title... i mean logically - that would mean that any new rumor - regardless of how credible or not it is - would have to be spoiler tagged.. the discussion board would look like one giant spoiler thread when it's really all nothing but conjecture...

... i say we move on from abusing the spoiler tag - unless it is something that is a legit spoiler - like the outcome of the plot for Bond 25 - things like that... because seriously - what is title (real or not) really spoiling anyway??
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited March 2019 Posts: 5,869
    do we seriously need to keep spoiler tagging this new "rumored" title... i mean logically - that would mean that any new rumor - regardless of how credible or not it is - would have to be spoiler tagged.. the discussion board would look like one giant spoiler thread when it's really all nothing but conjecture...

... i say we move on from abusing the spoiler tag - unless it is something that is a legit spoiler - like the outcome of the plot for Bond 25 - things like that... because seriously - what is title (real or not) really spoiling anyway??
    I see your point but I personally believe it should stay in the tags. I'm sure there are some members who quite happily visit this page to see how the film's doing, but would like the title to be a big reveal at the conference. Let's not be selfish just because people can't be bothered to put a word in a box.

Yes, its a rumour but rumours can end up being true, as much as I would like this one not to be. To me, like other members, a James Bond title should be unique and have its own identity.
    If Eon is so intent on stealing their title from another franchise...................perhaps they could go with this................
    THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL
    ...............and actually make a good film with that title?
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---

I see your point but I personally believe it should stay in the tags. I'm sure there are some members who quite happily visit this page to see how the film's doing, but would like the title to be a big reveal at the conference. Let's not be selfish just because people can't be bothered to put a word in a box.

Yes, its a rumour but rumours can end up being true, as much as I would like this one not to be. To me, like other members, a James Bond title should be unique and have its own identity.

i don't think its me being selfish - just practical and logical.. like i said - rumors fly through here at a mile a minute, and are even headlined on the main homepage.. if said individual was that bothered or concerned about being spoiled until some conference reveal - then why come to a website at all that heavily discusses news and rumors on a daily basis until the day of?... does that make sense? (i dont know).. tagging a "rumored" title i just feel is pointless - because like i said, if that be the case - then every single bit of rumored news from now on should get the same spoiler tags.
    The Shadow Client. Thats a title i came up with and like
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Gareth007 wrote: »
    The Shadow Client. Thats a title i came up with and like
    You sure it's not from Hitman? ;)
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

i don't think its me being selfish - just practical and logical.. like i said - rumors fly through here at a mile a minute, and are even headlined on the main homepage.. if said individual was that bothered or concerned about being spoiled until some conference reveal - then why come to a website at all that heavily discusses news and rumors on a daily basis until the day of?... does that make sense? (i dont know).. tagging a "rumored" title i just feel is pointless - because like i said, if that be the case - then every single bit of rumored news from now on should get the same spoiler tags.
    I understand what you mean but discussing whether an actor is going to be cast or a possible location isn't really spoiling anything, while a title would be to someone and I just think it's a decent thing to do, and my point remains that it's just putting one word in a box to be on the safe side? I don't see how it's more practical to not do it, and it might be logical, but to me it's just being considerate of the people who want to know whose gonna be cast or where they're going to film but not something as big as a title.

Someone's casting doesn't detemine anything about the character and their motivations, as well as the locations not giving anything away because sometimes the location they film in is not the place it is set in the film.

And while a title may not give anything away about plot or characters, a title can be very important to people who like to see it revealed at the conference. I'm not speaking for myself, I'm just trying to be inclusive.
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires

My two cents is that they want the unmentionable title hidden for another reason, more linked to leaks and documents and kind of sensitive matter instead of being a spoiler per se. Just guessing.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

My two cents is that they want the unmentionable title hidden for another reason, more linked to leaks and documents and kind of sensitive matter instead of being a spoiler per se. Just guessing.
    I can see why you'd think that, but it is genuinely because many members have requested the leaked title to be in spoiler tags as they want to be surprised when it is finally revealed to the public. Those who are annoyed with the tags will just have to suck it up for a few more weeks.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

I understand what you mean but discussing whether an actor is going to be cast or a possible location isn't really spoiling anything, while a title would be to someone and I just think it's a decent thing to do, and my point remains that it's just putting one word in a box to be on the safe side? I don't see how it's more practical to not do it, and it might be logical, but to me it's just being considerate of the people who want to know whose gonna be cast or where they're going to film but not something as big as a title.

Someone's casting doesn't detemine anything about the character and their motivations, as well as the locations not giving anything away because sometimes the location they film in is not the place it is set in the film.

And while a title may not give anything away about plot or characters, a title can be very important to people who like to see it revealed at the conference. I'm not speaking for myself, I'm just trying to be inclusive.
    To add this without making more edits, I actually wish I could keep my nose out of spoilers or titles but it's in my nature. I kind of feel bad because Eon and everyone involved make the effort to try and surprise us or create a proper reveal with their creative choices, so to completely undo that as an audience makes me feel bad sometimes and is another reason why people may want to keep the title at an arms length.
    jake24 wrote: »

I can see why you'd think that, but it is genuinely because many members have requested the leaked title to be in spoiler tags as they want to be surprised when it is finally revealed to the public. Those who are annoyed with the tags will just have to suck it up for a few more weeks.
    I agree @jake24, like I said it's just putting one word in a box.
    edited March 2019 Posts: 4,399
    *shrugs* i mean, i guess if certain people feel that way... i just don't think it's that big of a deal.. i remember Spectre being thrown around so flippantly here before it was eventually revealed as the title - and i dont recall a lot of people complaining then - only about how uninspired the title was lol-- ((i guess a lot has changed between 2015 and now - as i have not been as regular in these parts as i used to be..... this is HASEROT btw, for anyone who remembers lol - for whatever reason my named unintentionally switched to my twitter name, but i digress))-- oh well, so be it... i think the whole thing is a bit too "kid gloves" - but if thats what the people want, guess there isn't much else to say lol....
  • Blofeld0064Blofeld0064 Milford, Michigan
    Google is saying that Bond 25's release date in russia is February 13.

the fine people at Google just probably failed to update their info..
  • DaltonforyouDaltonforyou The Daltonator
    And I’m Dick Tracy.

• RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    edited March 2019 Posts: 13,055
    I've been watching the IMDb-reported release dates change as redirection from 14 February, @Blofeld0064. A slight reversal of fortune for Germany.
    Release Dates
    8 April 2020 UK
    8 April 2020 India
    8 April 2020 Turkey
    8 April 2020 USA
    9 April 2020 Germany
    jake24 wrote: »

Am I reading too much between the lines here @jake24 in wondering if you're suggesting that it is, in fact, the title? ;)