No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited August 2017 Posts: 23,883
    I thought Sumner Redstone's National Amusements controlled CBS Corporation by way of voting stock, even though the company publicly trades? I don't believe Warner owns it.
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    Stuntmans Martin Ivanov and Gary Powell are both in Budapest. Maybe a possible B25 location?

Has anybody looked more into this and where this information come from?

I have looked into it. They really are in Budapest right now, but for a movie that's already being filmed.
  • Campbell finishing off Craig's story and then Nolan introducing the next guy sounds pretty ideal to me. Don't get me wrong any of the rumoured shortlist choices would be great too, but I'd like Campbell to do it to sort of bring things full circle. If The Foreigner is any indication it seems like he's still got it.
    I can't see them going back to Campbell. Are we really sure Mendes is out?
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited August 2017 Posts: 17,786
    Campbell finishing off Craig's story and then Nolan introducing the next guy sounds pretty ideal to me. Don't get me wrong any of the rumoured shortlist choices would be great too, but I'd like Campbell to do it to sort of bring things full circle. If The Foreigner is any indication it seems like he's still got it.

It wouldn't be a bad way for Craig to go. Campbell is a proven safe pair of hands when it comes to Bond.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    bondjames wrote: »
    I can't see them going back to Campbell. Are we really sure Mendes is out?

Don't worry me with such things. I figured he's been done since SP. I can only hope so.
    Given Craig's enthusiasm yesterday, I wonder if his partner in crime has had a change of heart. Again.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    bondjames wrote: »
    Given Craig's enthusiasm yesterday, I wonder if his partner in crime has had a change of heart. Again.

I was wondering the same.
    I like SF AND SP, but I really don't want Mendes to return. It was clear he was beginning to run out of gas in SP. I'd like either a Campbell return, or a new director who isn't Nolan or Tarantino.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I'm pretty sure Mendes is done. He and hopefully Newman will be a memory by the time Bond 25 is out.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Oh please EON, don't let Mendes (or Newman) anywhere near the franchise ever again!
    I think the enthusiasm based Merkels based on finally being allowed to say it. I doubt he feels pleasure lying to People.
    I'd be happy to see David Arnold return. That'd be cool. I'd be extra excited for this film if it was a Craig-Campbell-Arnold reunion. I bet Waltz returns as Blofeld.
    Merkels Buhuu - merely was meant, Not that shitty woman.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Mendes doesn't have the stomach for it; he nearly left the last time out.

He's a smart man, threw all he had at SF, was lured back to try and catch lightning again, it didn't happen and it was a tough shoot. There's nothing in his tank for Bond and seems to have a busy slate.

I'd wager the house on this one: Mendes isn't coming back.
    If its Campbell v Mendes then give me Campbell anyday,even though I love CR & SF.

It's Campbell's 2 films in GE & CR that swings it - both classics to me.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Campbell finishing off Craig's story and then Nolan introducing the next guy sounds pretty ideal to me. Don't get me wrong any of the rumoured shortlist choices would be great too, but I'd like Campbell to do it to sort of bring things full circle. If The Foreigner is any indication it seems like he's still got it.

That would do for me. As long as the next guy isn't Turner obviously.
    Germanlady wrote: »
    Merkels Buhuu - merely was meant, Not that shitty woman.

That's a shame. I was looking forwards to a plot where Bond fights to stop boatloads of immigrants from being allowed to swamp Europe.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    I'd be happy to see David Arnold return. That'd be cool. I'd be extra excited for this film if it was a Craig-Campbell-Arnold reunion. I bet Waltz returns as Blofeld.
    Now that be awesome
    How great would that be?!

Campbell helming, David Arnold scoring...he can create a great final song and score for Craig's Bond and take the best of the melodies he created specifically for CR and QOS and weave them into the new soundtrack as a call back and say if booking ending things.

Just imagine in the finale when the tensions at its peak and Bond and Blofeld have each other on the ropes (or the films villain should it not be him) and interspersed with the classic Bond brass we get the chorus (orchestral) of YKMN!

Even without Campbell I definitely want Arnold back to cap of Craig in style with an actual decent score that you can hum. Not the bland (for the most part) soundscapes that Newman brought. He really didn't deserve that Oscar. Shows just what a face the oscars really are.

And ideally a Fleming title. Risco could be easier sell commercially as it's concise. Hilderbrand Rariety which I love is just a touch to stuffy sounding for what we all hope will be a rip roaring fist-pumping final film.

Also MARKET the hell out of this being his last. Write it as his last. Really give us a big bombastic ending to Craigs era. Make us feel the way we did in 2006 when anything was possible with the 'new' Bond.

Without a Flemming title I'd rather they A bit do a 'S' title (sorry Shatterhand shippers) and B would love a phrase title ala For Your Eyes Only. That would perfectly mirror Connery's original 5 to some extent.

Needless to say after almost two years of telling anyone that will listen to ignore the press and trust that Craig is back waking up this morning to the great news was extremely validating and exciting!
    He really shouldn't. He had a nice little run but it's definitely time for a different director.
    He really shouldn't. He had a nice little run but it's definitely time for a different director.
    Who shouldn't?
    barryt007 wrote: »
    shamanimal wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Would be great to have a non-Bond PTS that showcases a villain enacting an early part of his plan, causing some level of deaths/destruction, which causes M to require Bond and have him return post-PTS.

One of the problems with Spectre was the villain wasn't established - we simply didn't see any villainy! So yes, a none Bond pre-credit, showing us a horrible bad-bastard, and the PM saying to M "there's no other way... get Bond back, we need him".

Too corny?

I don't like this constant 'we need Bond back' comments in the films.

Is the rest of the '00' section shit then ?
    Whats the point if none of them are good enough for anything ?

(Apart from Trevelyn,006, back in 1995 ,who WAS Bond's equal).

All 00 seem to get end up dead in the movies!

More seriously I could easily see Bond being asked back because of his history with SPECTRE. Heck even Blofeld would want him back!
    Ludovico wrote: »
    barryt007 wrote: »
    shamanimal wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Would be great to have a non-Bond PTS that showcases a villain enacting an early part of his plan, causing some level of deaths/destruction, which causes M to require Bond and have him return post-PTS.

One of the problems with Spectre was the villain wasn't established - we simply didn't see any villainy! So yes, a none Bond pre-credit, showing us a horrible bad-bastard, and the PM saying to M "there's no other way... get Bond back, we need him".

Too corny?

I don't like this constant 'we need Bond back' comments in the films.

Is the rest of the '00' section shit then ?
    Whats the point if none of them are good enough for anything ?

(Apart from Trevelyn,006, back in 1995 ,who WAS Bond's equal).

All 00 seem to get end up dead in the movies!

More seriously I could easily see Bond being asked back because of his history with SPECTRE. Heck even Blofeld would want him back!

That's a good point re SPECTRE ,it would make sense.

But not for a brand new standalone.
    00Dalton wrote: »
    Who shouldn't?

Mendes. And I say this having enjoyed his two films.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    All this talk of Campbell and Arnold is making me very excited. If they want an explosive 25th film, this is the way to go
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    All this talk of Campbell and Arnold is making me very excited. If they want an explosive 25th film, this is the way to go

I wouldn't get much happier than having this pairing for B25.
    Glad to see there is a lot of agreement for wanting that to return. Just maybe we'll luck out... watching CR again today especially makes me crave it.
    Take note:
    https://twitter.com/meganeellison/with_replies

Megan Ellison retweeted the Colbert announcement video....

Can we just hurry up with the news that Annapurna and Warner will release the next film, which will be directed by Yann Demange?

This is the most excited I've been for a Bond film in a very very long while.
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 19,339
    I would love it to be Campbell as well but I think Yann Demange is way ahead atm.

And WB will sign up for one film,BOND 25, pending its success (which is guaranteed with Dan on board now) and will re-negotiate and take the reigns for the future ,starting BOND 26.
    Can we just hurry up with the news that Annapurna and Warner will release the next film,
    Annapurna AND Warner? Is that a possibility?