No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

doubleoego wrote: »
    Benny wrote: »
    Bounine wrote: »
    ...There were good things about Spectre too and I still would choose this movie over any of the Brosnan films...except for maybe Goldeneye.

Absolutely, I really enjoyed SP placing it as Craig's second best. You don't make an $900 million grossing 'bad' movie that often.

5 live action Transformers movies have made over $4 Billion.

Edit: @Wizardofice already submitted this very crucial testimony.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Benny wrote: »
    Bounine wrote: »
    ...There were good things about Spectre too and I still would choose this movie over any of the Brosnan films...except for maybe Goldeneye.

Absolutely, I really enjoyed SP placing it as Craig's second best. You don't make an $900 million grossing 'bad' movie that often.

5 live action Transformers movies have made over $4 Billion.

Edit: @Wizardofice already submitted this very crucial testimony.

True, but no way is SP as bad as those films.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    I don't think I will be able to keep up with this thread too many posts coming at once I suppose that's a good thing then from when it was dead
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    I don't think I will be able to keep up with this thread too many posts coming at once I suppose that's a good thing then from when it was dead

At least this thread is highly active now due to concrete information we have. Only took us over 900 pages to get here! As always, you needn't worry about missing anything as @jake24 is excellent at keeping the opening post updated.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Reader's Digest version of this thread: Daniel Craig is back as Bond for one more film. ;)
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 115
    Tuulia wrote: »
    What was the blurred expression in the interview, the meaning of which they discussed? Just curious.

urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Grinfuck

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    Variety are still reporting that "in search of a new studio for distribution. Warner Bros. is believed to be closest to landing the deal."

Hopefully, the distribution deal will be the next big announcement, and not who's doing the on set catering.
    How credible do we think this is? So they don't yet have a distributor or director and Craig is confidently back? How can he be so sure that they won't select a director he has problems with or a distributor with whom he doesn't see eye to eye.

They must have that locked by now, no?
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    bondjames wrote: »
    Variety are still reporting that "in search of a new studio for distribution. Warner Bros. is believed to be closest to landing the deal."

Hopefully, the distribution deal will be the next big announcement, and not who's doing the on set catering.
    How credible do we think this is? So they don't yet have a distributor or director and Craig is confidently back? How can he be so sure that they won't select a director he has problems with or a distributor with whom he doesn't see eye to eye.

I'm sure he himself has a say in all of that.
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »

I'm sure he himself has a say in all of that.
    No doubt he has a say in the director. I doubt an actor has a say in the distributor. I just can't imagine they haven't got all that sorted out by now. I thought they were just holding out on the director for announcement. Not the distributor as well.
    It's going to be slow, folks. We'll be drip fed official Bond 25 information scientifically and slowly. Anything else you read in the media or online is most likely a lie and should be treated as such.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    Don't forget that less than 24 hours ago news outlets were reporting that Craig was still undecided. I wouldn't be surprised if they've secured a distributor already, but since those same news outlets aren't privy to that info yet they're still running with the previous rumors.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Just a guess, but, and considering that, distributors have a say in the cast, EoN/MGM must have partnered with someone.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Even the meerkats have weighed in. What an age we live in.
    https://twitter.com/Aleksandr_Orlov/status/897833826369630208
    Release date: check
    Daniel Craig returning: check
    Next is either director or distributor
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    007Blofeld wrote: »

At least this thread is highly active now due to concrete information we have. Only took us over 900 pages to get here! As always, you needn't worry about missing anything as @jake24 is excellent at keeping the opening post updated.

@Creasy47 yeah that is true alot of fun coming up it's great
    Just one day ago I commented on our pressing need to take this thread to 1000 pages. One day later and we've already added 16 pages with just 45 to go. Won't be long now.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Just one day ago I commented on our pressing need to take this thread to 1000 pages. One day later and we've already added 16 pages with just 45 to go. Won't be long now.

I was seriously convinced we'd hit 1,000 pages before we got some information, glad that's not the case.

Nope not long especially after last nights bombshell this place will be humming for awhile
    I'm glad Dan's back but I'm already in mourning at the thought this is his swanswong. Pun intended! How do you replace the best Bond ever? Maybe go back to the 50s/ 60s setting as gas been mooted? I just hope Blofeld returns to tie up that story. I'd love it if Irma Bunt turns out to have been Bond's surrogate aunt!
    LeChiffre wrote: »
    I'm glad Dan's back but I'm already in mourning at the thought this is his swanswong. Pun intended! How do you replace the best Bond ever?

Well, they took a guy named George Lazenby and made one of the best Bond films ever.
    I'm now more then intrigued with him back what they do plot wise with that ending and I don't think it will be as predictable as people on the thread think I think it will be something we haven't seen before
    Stuntmans Martin Ivanov and Gary Powell are both in Budapest. Maybe a possible B25 location?

Has anybody looked more into this and where this information come from?
    dunda wrote: »
    Tuulia wrote: »
    What was the blurred expression in the interview, the meaning of which they discussed? Just curious.

urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Grinfuck

Thanks.

I'm certain they have a distributor. That will be the next announcement.

I predict the selection of a director will go on for awhile, with many names thrown around by the press. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if EON's initial pick drops out during pre-production.

Even the meerkats have weighed in. What an age we live in.
    https://twitter.com/Aleksandr_Orlov/status/897833826369630208

That's very magnanimous of him considering his brother General Orlov was killed in Octopussy!
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Of course they waited to announce Craig on Colberts Late Night. It airs on CBS which is owned by Warner Bros.
    The way that the programme is specifically named in the press announcement makes me think it was all decided by EON/MGM/WB.
    MrBond wrote: »
    Of course they waited to announce Craig on Colberts Late Night. It airs on CBS which is owned by Warner Bros.
    The way that the programme is specifically named in the press announcement makes me think it was all decided by EON/MGM/WB.

So don't be surprised if WB is announced as distributor
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    If Craig truly is doing only one more and Warners does get it, I'd be shocked if anyone but Nolan directed B26, then.

Do you really think so? I hope that Nolan directs Bond 26 now. I think Campbell will be too old.
    I want Campbell to direct Craig's last. If not, I still don't want Nolan doing it - at least until after Craig is out.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    FoxRox wrote: »
    I want Campbell to direct Craig's last. If not, I still don't want Nolan doing it - at least until after Craig is out.

Agreed.
    edited August 2017 Posts: 17,808
    FoxRox wrote: »

Yes, he might be better placed for a new actor.