No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited August 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Many people here have a better read on Craig than I do.

If he goes on a major tv show and asserts that he's back to go out on a high, then I'm assuming he is relatively confident that he can do this.

On what basis and where is that confidence coming from? I assume he has a pretty good read on who the director is and it's someone he is comfortable with. I also assume he's quite happy with what he knows of the script. He must be, in order to be keen to get started.

It's positive certainly. Is Demange the type of director Craig would click with? Or is likely to be one of the other two or even someone else?
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Hello!

So... Mendes is done, I love SF and SP, I hope he won't return, but let's face the truth: he made two of the most successful 007 to date. He created a two story arc with some of the best visuals in the entire series, bringing the franchise back on track for the general audiences (I also love QoS). He gave a very personal take on the character, like every good director should do. CR remain the best of the Craig era but Mendes made two beautiful films... and even if you hate those films you should acknowledge how successful they were. And please, stop with this Campbell nonsense. Bring some "young" and "hungry" talent like Demange or someone else... not some director already on his (artistic) way to the "sunset boulevard"... :)

BTW, I'm so happy now. I always believed Craig just needed some time to think about it and do something else after the Skyfall/Spectre tour the force! All the Craig outings imho were amazing pictures - they felt like an organic story arc but every picture was unique in its own way - so just end this with a really high note.

Speaking about the director I would pick Rian Johnson without a doubt, honestly.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Take note:
    https://twitter.com/meganeellison/with_replies

Megan Ellison retweeted the Colbert announcement video....

Can we just hurry up with the news that Annapurna and Warner will release the next film, which will be directed by Yann Demange?

This is the most excited I've been for a Bond film in a very very long while.

If Demange directs Bond 25, I hope you'll get his nationality correctly. He's French, not British. ;)
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 19,339
    Can we just hurry up with the news that Annapurna and Warner will release the next film,
    Annapurna AND Warner? Is that a possibility?

Not at all...WB wouldn't need Annapurna to take control of Bond,and why should they ?

I think WB are easily the front runners over Universal or FOX atm.
    What if Marc Forster returned? That would be a great bit of trolling from EON.
    Escalus5 wrote: »
    What if Marc Forster returned? That would be a great bit of trolling from EON.

Nope...QoS was/is too controversial ,although I love it personally,especially with the editing.
    Annapurna may handle distribution in certain countries only with another studio tackling the major markets.

I wouldn't be averse to Forster. Just make sure they don't bring his editors back.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Ludovico wrote: »
    barryt007 wrote: »
    shamanimal wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Would be great to have a non-Bond PTS that showcases a villain enacting an early part of his plan, causing some level of deaths/destruction, which causes M to require Bond and have him return post-PTS.

One of the problems with Spectre was the villain wasn't established - we simply didn't see any villainy! So yes, a none Bond pre-credit, showing us a horrible bad-bastard, and the PM saying to M "there's no other way... get Bond back, we need him".

Too corny?

I don't like this constant 'we need Bond back' comments in the films.

Is the rest of the '00' section shit then ?
    Whats the point if none of them are good enough for anything ?

(Apart from Trevelyn,006, back in 1995 ,who WAS Bond's equal).

All 00 seem to get end up dead in the movies!

More seriously I could easily see Bond being asked back because of his history with SPECTRE. Heck even Blofeld would want him back!

That's a good point re SPECTRE ,it would make sense.

But not for a brand new standalone.

Depends how they decide to go if they go standalone. For instance, TB and YOLT were pretty much standalone even if the enemy was the same. But even without the organization Bond can be called back for whatever reason: because they need the best possible poker player, because he's seemingly out of the game, because the 00 section needs to be reinstated and better the devil you know, etc.
    bondjames wrote: »
    Annapurna may handle distribution in certain countries only with another studio tackling the major markets.

I wouldn't be averse to Forster. Just make sure they don't bring his editors back.

The funny thing is....Universal actually didthe distribution for SP in The Netherlands, and not Sony. Furthermore, I have been told that EON wanted to use Netherlands as a 'test market', so hence Netherlands was the 2nd country after the UK were SP premiered late October.
    Late to the party but thrilled with this news.
    Before I went to bed last night I read the earlier interviews from yesterday where Craig was very cagey. I went to sleep and had a bizarre dream wherein I met Craig and he confided in me that he wasn't going to be returning. I was gutted.
    Woke up this morning and the dream lingered in my thoughts. It felt like a horrible way to start the day.

Lo and behold I finally check facebook and boom! My dream wasn't a premonition at all. It was simply bollocks. Thank Christ for that.
    No way Forster returns. Most likely it will be a director who hasn't worked on the series before. I'm actually watching QoS now.
    Oh, I loved QOS. Wouldn't mind seeing Forster return, but he probably won't.

The funny thing is....Universal actually didthe distribution for SP in The Netherlands, and not Sony. Furthermore, I have been told that EON wanted to use Netherlands as a 'test market', so hence Netherlands was the 2nd country after the UK were SP premiered late October.
    Interesting. I seem to recall BondJasonBond006 stating that Disney had the rights in Switzerland, so it is possible for this to get split up depending on expertise.
    Oh, I loved QOS. Wouldn't mind seeing Forster return, but he probably won't.

I love QoS too...its #4 in my rankings ,but Forster wont be back.
    I still like QoS but it will likely remain my least favorite Craig Bond film. I think the film may be the most over-hated in the series though, generally speaking.
    Now Craig has confirmed his involvement, I think it would be fair to assume all the MI6 regulars will be back again.

Will be interested to see if they bring Waltz and Bautista back? I hope so? But more than them I would love to see Jeffrey Wright back as Felix Leiter for Daniel Craig's 007 swan song!
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Now Craig has confirmed his involvement, I think it would be fair to assume all the MI6 regulars will be back again.
    Not something I'm especially keen to contemplate, in all honesty.
    Mended was probably asked back late 2016/early 2017
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    TripAces wrote: »
    Bounine wrote: »
    "Daniel Craig will become the longest serving James Bond actor when Bond 25 is released in cinemas. On the day of the US release, he will have been 007 for 5,139+ days, pipping the late Sir Roger Moore's 5,118 days in the role."

I don't really think that these stats are anything to write home about. Roger Moore may have been Bond for a shorter time but he did 7 films within his tenure.

Moore didn't even do half the stuntwork that DC has done. Just sayin'.

Don't kid yourself -- Craig is doubled all over the place. The difference now is that we have to see Craig's head badly CGI-ed onto a stuntman's body. Have you seen the motorcycle chase at the beginning of SKYFALL recently? It has not held up well for that very reason.

Yeah, the "longest serving" thing really bothers me. It should read "longest serving thanks to huge gaps because EON couldn't get its act together and keep a consistent schedule. And, oh yes, Sir Roger still did more films."

But you're not disputing how much DC physically put into the role compared to RM. I can tell you: it isn't even close. This is not to suggest that RM's # of films isn't impressive. But give credit where credit is due: my guess is that DC's shoots have been twice as grueling.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    edited August 2017 Posts: 8,521
    Re: scooby gamg: my hope is that with a new director, he will rightly put these characters back where they belong.

If Fiennes has a problem with screen time? Re-cast a new M.

If the more junior actors have a problem with it? As CR and QOS proved, they're not necessary to the films stories. So cut them from this one!
    FoxRox wrote: »
    I still like QoS but it will likely remain my least favorite Craig Bond film. I think the film may be the most over-hated in the series though, generally speaking.

Over-hated. That sums up the general sentiment I think. Because of this I seriously doubt we'll see Forster directing a Bond movie again.
    I have nothing wrong with the current actors we have as M, Q, and Moneypenny, but the attention they got in SP proved unnecessary and not so entertaining most of the time IMO. One of SP's weaknesses for me was the scenes that focused around them. I hope Bond 25 cuts back on that.
    I'd really be quite upset if those clowns are around for the finale again. They may be tempted, especially given it likely will be Craig's last. I hope they resist the temptation.
    I actually like the fact that MI6 does not seem to be made of three people in Craig's movies.
    Bounine wrote: »
    "Daniel Craig will become the longest serving James Bond actor when Bond 25 is released in cinemas. On the day of the US release, he will have been 007 for 5,139+ days, pipping the late Sir Roger Moore's 5,118 days in the role."

I don't really think that these stats are anything to write home about. Roger Moore may have been Bond for a shorter time but he did 7 films within his tenure.

Moore didn't even do half the stuntwork that DC has done. Just sayin'.

Don't kid yourself -- Craig is doubled all over the place. The difference now is that we have to see Craig's head badly CGI-ed onto a stuntman's body. Have you seen the motorcycle chase at the beginning of SKYFALL recently? It has not held up well for that very reason.

Yeah, the "longest serving" thing really bothers me. It should read "longest serving thanks to huge gaps because EON couldn't get its act together and keep a consistent schedule. And, oh yes, Sir Roger still did more films."

But you're not disputing how much DC physically put into the role compared to RM. I can tell you: it isn't even close. This is not to suggest that RM's # of films isn't impressive. But give credit where credit is due: my guess is that DC's shoots have been twice as grueling.

Well said...I think the amount of permanent injuries Dan has sustained has shown how much he puts into the role.

He has given more,stunt wise,than any other Bond actor ,and the pain he has been through proves it.

Annapurna's current output deal would prevent that from being the case. Self-distribute stateside, overseas mostly through where MGM still operates a distribution platform, and eOne in the UK
    antovolk wrote: »

Annapurna's current output deal would prevent that from being the case. Self-distribute stateside, overseas mostly through where MGM still operates a distribution platform, and eOne in the UK
    Thanks. So are you saying it's all or nothing for Annapurna on account of the existing MGM deal?
    antovolk wrote: »

Thanks. So are you saying it's all or nothing for Annapurna on account of the existing MGM deal?

Basically. the fact that they have an existing MGM deal isn't worth much when it comes to the B25 bidding.
    It's going to be WB......
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    RogueAgent wrote: »

That's a good point. Craig returning is fairly unimportant as far as I'm concerned.

When are EON going to confirm whether or not Rory is back?