No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Again, let's see if Colbert will be able to pry out any more information this evening. He probably won't, but glass half full.

Colbert will probably just try to get Craig to make an insult at Trump. That all seems to be what his show is at this point
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    ...and Sam Smith wasn't doing the theme for SP, either. Remember that?

DC is doing it. And he and EON are milking this, for all it's worth, between films.

giphy.gif
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Again, let's see if Colbert will be able to pry out any more information this evening. He probably won't, but glass half full.

After this mornings interviews at least we now know that he can talk about Bond. So that's something.

• BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    RC7 wrote: »
    The back and forth is a fan/press invention, if you can disconnect for a second you'll notice you have a release date and you're awaiting news of cast and crew. I don't know how many times I have to say it - we aren't entitled to this information.

The most depressing thing about all this is the rise of a new breed of Bond fan. One that resembles the sort of bleating pre-pubescent Whovians or Trekkies who act like spoilt kids. We're Bond fans. Stiff upper lip. Put up and shut up. We have a duty not to join the ranks of these whining fuckers.
    Well said.

Watching the latest Poldark series (on behest of female relations), I think Turner could be a good Bond in the mould of a smouldering Dalton type.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    All I know is that if they are starting a new era now, without Christopher Nolan, then I am DONE with the franchise as long as Barbara Broccoli is the producer.

Even by your standards that's extreme.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    All I know is that if they are starting a new era now, without Christopher Nolan, then I am DONE with the franchise as long as Barbara Broccoli is the producer.

Spoken like a true Bond fan.
    I will be very angry if I won't see a Bond movie written and directed by Nolan in my lifetime, because 1. Nolan is a great director 2. he is exceptionally suited to direct a Bond film 3. he loves the Bond franchise 4. he very much wants to direct a Bond film. Pretty much never in the history of cinema has a director as great as Nolan wanted to direct a Bond film as much as he does.

We do know that Nolan would prefer to do his own thing instead of continuing what someone else started. For Barbara Broccoli & co. to cast a new actor and start a new era without hiring Nolan first would be criminal.

Oh man I needed a good laugh today. This is gold. =))
  • Murdock wrote: »

I will be very angry if I won't see a Bond movie written and directed by Nolan in my lifetime, because 1. Nolan is a great director 2. he is exceptionally suited to direct a Bond film 3. he loves the Bond franchise 4. he very much wants to direct a Bond film. Pretty much never in the history of cinema has a director as great as Nolan wanted to direct a Bond film as much as he does.

We do know that Nolan would prefer to do his own thing instead of continuing what someone else started. For Barbara Broccoli & co. to cast a new actor and start a new era without hiring Nolan first would be criminal.

Oh man I needed a good laugh today. This is gold. =))

Yeah, I want Nolan as much as the next guy and I want EON to snap him up while he's in his prime too, but if the producers not actively seeking out a certain director at a certain point would be enough to make you give up on the series entirely then you're clearly not much of a Bond fan @Panchito.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Panchito I dare you to make a post where you don't mention Nolan.
    MrBond wrote: »
    Craig doesn't confirm anything because it will all be made in due time. EON and MGM knows what they are doing. They are drumming up interest. That's also why they announced the date of release and nothing else. They want to squeeze it. Whether you like it or not everything will be made official soon enough.

If you think this is good PR you are very much mistaken. The very few people I know that are actually taking any interest in it, are seriously annoyed now.

That's a shame for them.

Do you really think this back and forth really is exciting to anyone?

The back and forth is a fan/press invention, if you can disconnect for a second you'll notice you have a release date and you're awaiting news of cast and crew. I don't know how many times I have to say it - we aren't entitled to this information.

The most depressing thing about all this is the rise of a new breed of Bond fan. One that resembles the sort of bleating pre-pubescent Whovians or Trekkies who act like spoilt kids. We're Bond fans. Stiff upper lip. Put up and shut up. We have a duty not to join the ranks of these whining fuckers.

@RC7. Well said. I made the comparisons with Trekkies many times here. Bond fans in here sound more and more like nagging, spoiled, social media addicted Trekkies. And that's not positive.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Should there have been a mgm quarterly meeting update for 2nd quarter by now its mid August
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself

I mean when you look at the directors that they have recently chosen, forster and Mendes. They had never directed an action or big budget film ever. While someone like Nolan, literally made a set piece in his film Inception as a love letter to his favorite bond film.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    MrBond wrote: »
    Craig doesn't confirm anything because it will all be made in due time. EON and MGM knows what they are doing. They are drumming up interest. That's also why they announced the date of release and nothing else. They want to squeeze it. Whether you like it or not everything will be made official soon enough.

If you think this is good PR you are very much mistaken. The very few people I know that are actually taking any interest in it, are seriously annoyed now.

That's a shame for them.

Do you really think this back and forth really is exciting to anyone?

Point taken.

William-Shatner-Slapping-Himself.gif
    Yeah, I want Nolan as much as the next guy and I want EON to snap him up while he's in his prime too, but if the producers not actively seeking out a certain director at a certain point would be enough to make you give up on the series entirely then you're clearly not much of a Bond fan @Panchito.
    To clarify things: I have abolutely no problem with them not contacting Nolan as long as they are not starting a new era. EON casting a new actor and starting a new era without Nolan = no Nolan-directed Bond film for at least another decade, potentially never.

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited August 2017 Posts: 15,690
    Campbell is almost 30 years older than Nolan, and people still want him to direct another Bond film. Stop with the panicking. It's not the end of the world if Nolan doesn't direct B25 or B26.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    edited August 2017 Posts: 3,277
    From Late Show FB page:

TONIGHT: Stephen welcomes 007 himself, Daniel Craig, here to talk his new movie Logan Lucky. Then the hilarious Tiffany Haddish tells us about Girls Trip and her upcoming comedy special 'She Ready.' And finally, Blackberry Smoke performs!

BTxDARZ.jpg
    Regards the interview? It has not changed my view? Daniel Craig will play James Bond! I remember when on the 40th Anniversary special I believe on the BBC with Michael Parkinson?

Pierce Brosnan was asked after DAD whether he would return for a 5th film? He said their and then that he had been asked? So the difference here is that DC is sensibly keeping his mouth firmly shut!
    Meh, I'll be excited if DC returns and I'll be excited if the search for a new actor begins.

A stupidly happy Bond fan in other words.

My only expectation is around scale and narrative. The Bond machine needs to be tightened.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    To be fair, Craig IS still 007, so it's not surprising they'd mention him in such a way.

Time will tell. I couldn't imagine pulling my hair out with each new quote, announcement, or rumor. Have a little patience and we'll know all we need to know in due time.
    Just on the DC interview, I think it is certain that he is coming back.

EON wouldn't like him even commenting on the process if there was any remote chance he wasn't going to do it.

No, the only issue now is timing.
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 2,115
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    Should there have been a mgm quarterly meeting update for 2nd quarter by now its mid August

Since you mentioned it.....It was today. I just got done listening to a recording of the investor call.

MGM's Gary Barber referenced the 2019 release date of Bond 25. He said it would reunite the writers of some of the most successful Bond movies. He didn't mention P&W by name.

And that was it. No questions from investors.

Since you mentioned it.....It was today. I just got done listening to a recording of the investor call.

MGM's Gary Barber referenced the 2019 release date of Bond 25. He said it would reunite the writers of some of the most successful Bond movies. He didn't mention P&W by name.

Exactly why there's no point in getting anxious over these quarterly meetings. Unless they're more revealing during the production of a Bond film, but I feel like people have anticipated the last four or five of these that contained absolutely zero information.
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 2,115
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Exactly why there's no point in getting anxious over these quarterly meetings. Unless they're more revealing during the production of a Bond film, but I feel like people have anticipated the last four or five of these that contained absolutely zero information.

Once in a great while, there is news. The biggest probably was November 2012 when Barber announced John Logan's hiring to write Bond 24 and Bond 25 (after Barbara Broccoli denied it). I check them out more in a "just in case" way. But I certainly wasn't expecting anything on this one.

Once in a great while, there is news. The biggest probably was November 2012 when Barber announced John Logan's hiring to write Bond 24 and Bond 25 (after Barbara Broccoli denied it). I check them out more in a "just in case" way. But I certainly wasn't expecting anything on this one.

Commendable that you do, though - there could always be that tiny, overlooked bit of info that nobody would catch with a quick glance.
    edited August 2017 Posts: 3,126
    And the tabloids are going crazy again after they hear that their reporting is wrong https://www.gq.com/story/daniel-craig-james-bond-maybe-again

What a coincidence and funny
    And the tabloids are going crazy again after they hear that their reporting is wrong https://www.gq.com/story/daniel-craig-james-bond-maybe-again

The worst part is all these articles refer to their previous reporting as fact...when it was all nothing more than bullshit rumor and speculation to begin with.

Journalism at its finest. In between that and clickbait, I don't know where to focus my headaches and frustration.

The worst part is all these articles refer to their previous reporting as fact...when it was all nothing more than bullshit rumor and speculation to begin with.

Journalism at its finest. In between that and clickbait, I don't know where to focus my headaches and frustration.

At the wall ;)
  • RoadphillRoadphill United Kingdom
    Time for Craig to go. Babs and MGW need to get tough and bite the bullet.

One man isnt bigger than the character, and quite frankly we have never seen this sort of posturing from any of the previous Bonds.
    Babs & EON spent the rest of 2015 & all of 2016 deciding whether to start fresh or continue, theyve made a decision otherwise i dont think they would have announced a release date.