No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Daniel Craig Interview With Morning MAGIC today (August 15th)
    http://magic1067.com/episodes/mmp-daniel-craig-interview-morning-magic/

The complete quote is something like this: "I haven't, I'd hate to [inaudible], no decision has been made at the moment, there's a lot of noise out there and nothing official has been confirmed and I'm not holding out for more money or doing anything like that. It's just all very personal decisions to be made at the moment. I'm not. I know they're desperate to get going and I would in theory love to do it, but there is no decision just yet."

"It's just all very personal decisions to be made at the moment."

I wonder what he is referring to? Himself or EON?

• 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    Daniel Craig Interview With Morning MAGIC today (August 15th)
    http://magic1067.com/episodes/mmp-daniel-craig-interview-morning-magic/

The complete quote is something like this: "I haven't, I'd hate to [inaudible], no decision has been made at the moment, there's a lot of noise out there and nothing official has been confirmed and I'm not holding out for more money or doing anything like that. It's just all very personal decisions to be made at the moment. I'm not. I know they're desperate to get going and I would in theory love to do it, but there is no decision just yet."

"It's just all very personal decisions to be made at the moment."

I wonder what he is referring to? Himself or EON?

I wonder if it's eon it's not Daniel but then again no one knows
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Just finished listening to Craig on the Todd n Tyler Radio Empire show. The question was asked.

No he has not signed up for two more Bond films.

No he has not signed up for one more Bond film.

Craig said "no decision has been made." He added "I know they're raring to get going. I'd be extremely fortunate and lucky to do another one."

Is there anywhere to listen to the full interview?
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Everything he said in that interview is pretty much echoed in the one @marketto007 posted.
    bondjames wrote: »
    As I said, this month's version of the 'Oyelowo smile' analysis in full swing. Voice intonation and cadence and all that jazz.

PS: If he hasn't signed up, then if I were EON, I'd find the source of the NYT leak and take him (or her) out. Unless they leaked it to influence ongoing negotiations. I still believe there is a political tug of war somewhere.
    Now that we have Craig's take, this is precisely what's happening and what all these NYT etc reports on Craig doing. It's standard MO to use the press and trades as a leverage tactic.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I think it's clear that if he didn't want to do it, he would have said SP was his last one.

So, as @bondjames stated, I think that has something to do with the talent being queried and DC's possible first right of refusal.

I would say he's very much in play at the moment.

But yes, there is more than meets the eye here, all business, and nothing at all we're privy too, unfortunately!
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Even if he has agreed to do it on principal he's not going to blurt it out before any official announcement is he?!! EON would be well amused if he jumped the gun. But then Craig wouldn't do that as he's an intelligent and professional actor.
  • KuzcoKuzco france
    The fact that Craig is not yet signed for Bond 25 shows two things:
    His lassitude of 007 and the expectation of having a director and a story that would make him change his mind. Nothing is done for Bond 25 and I'm really unsure of seeing Craig again
    Oh for f***'s sake.
  • RC7RC7
    Calm yourselves, people.
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 11,119
    RC7 wrote: »
    Calm yourselves, people.

Indeed, Craig or no Craig..we get a new Bond film in November 2019. Look on the bright side: EON is willing to let the Bond character prevail over the actor playing him. That's what Harry and Cubby did way back then. It also means that EON must have pressed Purvis and Wade massively (financially?) to come up with one hell of a story....and probably a story in two versions: One with Craig, and one without Craig.
    Pfff I don't buy it. Craig is doing Bond 25
    I feel like Craig might just be saying this since EON hasn't released much official news yet. I think it's possible he is playing dumb and already knows he will be back.
    I wish everybody would just get on with it... and while I'd definitely enjoy to see Craig return, I think the fact he is seen as indispensable is unfortunate. Between that and his co-producer clout, he has too much power.

I yearn for a return to a film every two years! C'mon fellas, we don't have all the time in the world! :(
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Craig doesn't confirm anything because it will all be made in due time. EON and MGM knows what they are doing. They are drumming up interest. That's also why they announced the date of release and nothing else. They want to squeeze it. Whether you like it or not everything will be made official soon enough.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    I believe with him saying that he'd be lucky and fortunate to do another means that he hasn't ruled out anything. To me, he wants to come back and he's just in a wait and see moment considering there is no information besides a release date. I firmly believe that EON wants him back and will make sure that it will be developed around him. I don't blame him for not committing to anything because if he does, P&W could write a script sending him to go rogue to Neptune to find Blofeld and he'd have to do it.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    In other news, actors are always truthful in interviews and Christolph Waltz says you're all dumdums for thinking he's Blofeld.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Watch-Christoph-Waltz-Officially-Kill-Spectre-Blofeld-Rumor-One-Frustrated-Speech-86257.html
  • KuzcoKuzco france
    What I mean is that if Craig does not confirm anything at this point, it means that he really wants the quality of the film and he has to think about not making a bad outing. This means, and it does not bind me that Craig is always in the spirit of Oct 2015 and the "I don't know , not at the moment" that spirit Oct 2016 or he said it was "the best job of the Land and that if the producers wanted him he would continue "
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 12,837
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Oh for f***'s sake.

That was my initial reaction too. But reading the full quote it seems like he's made up his mind and is keen on returning but doesn't want to jump the gun before it's all set in stone, which would be fair enough. That's what I'm choosing to believe anyway because the alternative (that he still hasn't made a decision after two years) would be a piss take imo and I don't want to believe that's true.
    RC7 wrote: »
    Calm yourselves, people.

Indeed, Craig or no Craig..we get a new Bond film in November 2019. Look on the bright side: EON is willing to let the Bond character prevail over the actor playing him. That's what Harry and Cubby did way back then. It also means that EON must have pressed Purvis and Wade massively (financially?) to come up with one hell of a story....and probably a story in two versions: One with Craig, and one without Craig.

Release dates get swapped and changed all the time after being announced. If he is waiting to see the script or for them to decide on a director before returning, and if he decides not to in the end and that means the script has to be altered or whatever, then I think they'd rather push the film back than have to try and salavage it at the last minute. But then again they apparently kept Brosnan returning as a possibility when they were writing CR, so who knows, Purvis and Wade could be able to do the same again and get something prepared either way. The only thing is, is the situation really that comparable to 2005? I imagine at this point, another Craig film and a film for a new actor would be very different beasts because of the story arc/continuity of his era.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    peter wrote: »
    I think it's clear that if he didn't want to do it, he would have said SP was his last one.

Exactly.

edited August 2017 Posts: 3,126
    I don't know things will eventually work there stuff out by 2019 I just hope David Arnold comes back and at least no more Thomas Newman scoring bond scores please
    In the interview he mentions being undecided and personal choices that factor in. I suppose that could mean anything from script choices, director, or perhaps just the duration of shoot? When promoting SP he had mentioned being away from his family for such lengthy period of time was difficult. Perhaps he's deciding if he really wants to go thru that again?
    MrBond wrote: »
    Craig doesn't confirm anything because it will all be made in due time. EON and MGM knows what they are doing. They are drumming up interest. That's also why they announced the date of release and nothing else. They want to squeeze it. Whether you like it or not everything will be made official soon enough.

If you think this is good PR you are very much mistaken. The very few people I know that are actually taking any interest in it, are seriously annoyed now.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Again, let's see if Colbert will be able to pry out any more information this evening. He probably won't, but glass half full.
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Again, let's see if Colbert will be able to pry out any more information this evening. He probably won't, but glass half full.

He will try but things could get awkward and fail
  • RC7RC7
    MrBond wrote: »

If you think this is good PR you are very much mistaken. The very few people I know that are actually taking any interest in it, are seriously annoyed now.

That's a shame for them.
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    Late August Early September
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    Listen to Quantum. He has people everywhere.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    It also means that EON must have pressed Purvis and Wade massively (financially?) to come up with one hell of a story

???

Barbara and Michael open a briefcase full of money.

"We REALLY mean it this time, guys. We want you to write us a GOOD story this time. OR ELSE:::"
    tumblr_loyzyuprah1qie3i0.gif
  • Minion wrote: »
    In other news, actors are always truthful in interviews and Christolph Waltz says you're all dumdums for thinking he's Blofeld.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Watch-Christoph-Waltz-Officially-Kill-Spectre-Blofeld-Rumor-One-Frustrated-Speech-86257.html

Not just actors. Go further back, you can find denials that Ben Whishaw was playing Q (said denial being made around the time Whishaw had wrapped up his work on the film), that John Logan had been hired to write Bond 24, etc.