No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited August 2017 Posts: 16,330
    Roadphill wrote: »
    Time for Craig to go. Babs and MGW need to get tough and bite the bullet.

One man isnt bigger than the character, and quite frankly we have never seen this sort of posturing from any of the previous Bonds.

Yeah because firing Craig is going to make things run so much faster.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    And the tabloids are going crazy again after they hear that their reporting is wrong https://www.gq.com/story/daniel-craig-james-bond-maybe-again

I missed the part where DC said he was officially done with JB.
    Time for fresh blood methinks. Make James Bond great again. A film every 2 years.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    edited August 2017 Posts: 8,483
    Roadphill wrote: »
    Time for Craig to go. Babs and MGW need to get tough and bite the bullet.

One man isnt bigger than the character, and quite frankly we have never seen this sort of posturing from any of the previous Bonds.

See: Roger Moore
    Holding Out: after every film following Moonraker

I don't think DC is posturing either. He's toeing the company line, is what it sounds like. Obviously P&W are building a script based off of the DC era, since he's the incumbent. I don't think it's realistic to assume that everyone's prepared to finish this script, only for DC to walk away; the producers will then take the time and effort into finding a new Bond, where the script will at least have to face a major over-haul. And, November 8/19.

If Craig wants out to explore other things (Purity), then he can walk. But his own Boss on that project says, or believes, that DC is doing Bond first-- hence the development Hell that Purity seems to be stuck in-- it just ain't moving 'cause it's in a stand-and-wait position.

So, I don't think Craig's posturing. He's behaving for Babs and company.
    RC7 wrote: »
    We're Bond fans. Stiff upper lip. Put up and shut up. We have a duty not to join the ranks of these whining fuckers.

Know what? If the new Hitler Jugend should be in search for a punchline I really would recommend you. The sentiments you are expressing constantly are cringe worthy at best.
    Does the term "rational criticism" mean anything to you?
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @noSolaceleft: why? Honestly, why? You've got some very good points, and you have a strong voice, and that's good, my friend.

But at other times, it feels you're picking fights-- and that's not a slag at being constructively critical. It is calling you out when it feels like you're stirring the pot.

@RC7 is from the entertainment world. He knows what he's speaking of-- whether you agree or disagree, he knows the machinations of the industry, and, of course, may even get tidbits of real info circling the industry.

I too, but to a lesser extent, also come from this world-- I was the writer of the terribly, poorly, produced and executed shit-fest DEAD MARY (and a few other credits). @RC7 is genuine, he knows of what he speaks, and I don't think he's trying to knock anyone down a peg.

So, @noSolaceleft, we can and will respect you. But make the effort....

I'm a DC fan. You are, to a certain extent (sounds like only CR).

I want DC to end on the high note he started with (all be it in a very different way, since he's older and can do so with a "present" take on his characterization); you want change.

No matter how much I'd like to see DC kick ass in one final film, I do get your point (and others), on why they want change.

It's being able to disagree with respect. And I do respect your opinions, which run opposite to mine; but I DO have an issue with your behaviour, at times.

We don't have to be enemies in regards to our points of view (and, yes, I am in therapy!).
  • 007Blofeld wrote: »
    Should there have been a mgm quarterly meeting update for 2nd quarter by now its mid August

Since you mentioned it.....It was today. I just got done listening to a recording of the investor call.

MGM's Gary Barber referenced the 2019 release date of Bond 25. He said it would reunite the writers of some of the most successful Bond movies. He didn't mention P&W by name.

And that was it. No questions from investors.

What a coincidence and funny

I think you and I were on the same wavelength. I've been checking the last few days on the MGM website.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Should there have been a mgm quarterly meeting update for 2nd quarter by now its mid August

Since you mentioned it.....It was today. I just got done listening to a recording of the investor call.

MGM's Gary Barber referenced the 2019 release date of Bond 25. He said it would reunite the writers of some of the most successful Bond movies. He didn't mention P&W by name.

And that was it. No questions from investors.

What a coincidence and funny

I think you and I were on the same wavelength. I've been checking the last few days on the MGM website.
    I think so ;)
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Here is the other interview we will see what he had to say tonight but I don't think we will hear anything different
  • 007Blofeld wrote: »
    And the tabloids are going crazy again after they hear that their reporting is wrong https://www.gq.com/story/daniel-craig-james-bond-maybe-again

GQ is supposed to be above a tabloid, but.....not so much here.
    I think we all know how Bond 25 is going to go down. ;)
    PUF5WbK.jpg
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    This smacks of lucrative contract negotiations, perhaps Eon are trying to sign Craig to a two picture deal.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Murdock wrote: »
    I think we all know how Bond 25 is going to go down. ;)
    PUF5WbK.jpg

Craig hasn't even announced his return yet and we already get an official teaser poster!
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    We all have our hopes and dreams for BOND 25.
    hildebrand_rarity_teaser_by_joekearon-d432fxw.png
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    edited August 2017 Posts: 3,277
    JUST A TEASE. The million dollar question has been answered? :O

SZpXsKM.jpg

VIDEO
    https://www.facebook.com/colbertlateshow/videos/3417590167921
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I'm very intrigued.

• JUST A TEASE. The million dollar question has been answered? :O

https://www.facebook.com/colbertlateshow/videos/3417590167921/?permPage=1

I just let out the longest curse word with how that video ended. Guess I'm staying up to check it out. Someone in the social media department over there knows how to build drama.
    I'll be tuning in.
    The answer will be yes
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Just a side note, Craig is looking great.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    The Colbert Rarity
    Quantum of Colbert
    Colbert Royale
    Colberts Are Forever
    The Colbert Who Loved Me
    Colbertfinger
    Colbertpussy
    Colbert Never Dies
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    It's just a typical Colbert tease. The answer will be as it has been all day imho. No decisions yet.
    Time will tell. I'll be tuning in for sure.
    How many more hour/minutes until the show airs?
    It will be on in an hour for me.
    How many more hour/minutes until the show airs?
    Approximately 1 hour to go.
    Thanks fellas.
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    edited August 2017 Posts: 1,187
    Yes he's going to say it.

• JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    jake24 wrote: »
    Just a side note, Craig is looking great.

I agree, he does seem to look quite good.

I am kind of onboard for a back to back film, only because it would be something new and exciting for the franchise and even if its shit its not like I have huge expectations for Bond 25 anyway. And back to back will mean it would release a year after so its not like we will lose Bond time. Plus it will be a great send off to Craig and his continuity. Becuse I dont want his shit continuity continuing with the next actor.
    In theory back-to-backs films with Craig would be awesome, since it would eliminate a big gap for Bond 26 and also guarantee us two more with Craig. We'll see if we get any concrete news tonight; I sure hope.